Topics

Crash in Outlook 365

Daniel Gartmann

Hi,

When e.g. composing a reply in Outlook 365, I often can't Tab or Shift+Tab into the body of the message that I am typing.

For me, this is quite serious, since when this happens, I cannot continue typing my e-mail and have to switch to another screen reader to get the job done.

Until I find the time to create an issue on GitHub, I take the liberty to post a segment from the log file and hope this makes sense. I would appreciate any further comments or questions if the issue needs further investigation:

Logfile snipit after crash when tabbing in and out of the message body of a message which is a reply.

INFO - core.main (13:19:59.085):
NVDA initialized
INFO - config.ConfigManager._loadConfig (13:20:05.789):
INFO - synthDriverHandler.setSynth (13:20:06.783):
Loaded synthDriver vocalizer
ERROR - scriptHandler.executeScript (13:26:32.663):
error executing script: <bound method Dynamic_OutlookUIAWordDocumentWordDocumentEditableTextWithoutAutoSelectDetectionUIAWindowNVDAObject.script_tab of <NVDAObjects.Dynamic_OutlookUIAWordDocumentWordDocumentEditableTextWithoutAutoSelectDetectionUIAWindowNVDAObject object at 0x051E10D0>> with gesture u'skift+tab'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "scriptHandler.pyo", line 192, in executeScript
File "NVDAObjects\window\winword.pyo", line 1371, in script_tab
File "documentBase.pyo", line 24, in makeTextInfo
File "NVDAObjects\UIA\__init__.pyo", line 286, in __init__
NotImplementedError: UIAutomationTextRangeArray is empty

Best regards

Daniel

Lukasz Golonka

Hello,

On Fri, 4 Oct 2019 12:39:02 +0000
"Daniel Gartmann" <dgartmann@...> wrote:

Hi,

When e.g. composing a reply in Outlook 365, I often can't Tab or Shift+Tab into the body of the message that I am typing.

For me, this is quite serious, since when this happens, I cannot continue typing my e-mail and have to switch to another screen reader to get the job done.

Until I find the time to create an issue on GitHub, I take the liberty to post a segment from the log file and hope this makes sense. I would appreciate any further comments or questions if the issue needs further investigation:
Is there any particular reason why you have enabled UIA for Microsoft
Word in advanced settings? I am not Outlook uuser myself, but if you do
not need this it might be worth disabling it for the time being, and
check if it would improve things.

--
Regards
|Lukasz

Daniel Gartmann

This apparently fixed the problem. Thanks.