creating a nvda profile

Don H

Have created a profile to be used with msedge. I want to create a dictionary to be used with this new profile. Is there a way to do that?
Thanks

If you mean to be used exclusively when the configuration profile is active, I don't think so.

I believe the three speech dictionaries -  Default, Voice, and Temporary - span configuration profiles.

There are some certain "outside the NVDA box" techniques you can use to kinda sorta work around this, but since very few people want different pronunciations of the same word at the level of granularity of a single application (the most common use of configuration profiles) it's not built in.

If you really do want that, then I'd suggest using a specific voice only for MS-Edge and setting up a Voice dictionary for that voice with the MS-Edge specific things you want.

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)

Gene

This has nothing to do with profiles but it is what you want.  I did a Google search for application specific dictionaries and found this page:
This is an add-on that allows you to create dictionaries for specific applications.
Doing a Google search will often find what you want and will save you the trouble of looking on one web site, then the other.  I’m notsaying that you should not search the web sites if you don’t find what you want with a Google search.  I don’t know if there are instances where you might find something that way that you won’t using Google.  But I prefer to search with Google first.

Also, in the Google results, I found a Github result before the result on the add-ons web site.  Don’t assume that there isn’t an add-ons site entry because you find a Github result.  Keep looking through the results.

Gene

Have created a profile to be used with msedge.  I want to create a
dictionary to be used with this new profile.  Is there a way to do that?
Thanks

Gene,

I was vaguely aware of that add-on, but it's listed as having last been tested on NVDA 2020.4, and if that's accurate, it's probably not currently compatible with the latest version of NVDA.

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)

Gene

I checked to be sure.  I tried installing it and it isn't compatible.

Gene

On 1/28/2022 6:38 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Gene,

I was vaguely aware of that add-on, but it's listed as having last been tested on NVDA 2020.4, and if that's accurate, it's probably not currently compatible with the latest version of NVDA.

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)

Rui Fontes

Try this version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3w5y7h8kogmxl86/applicationDictionary_1.3-dev_Gen.nvda-addon?dl=0