Topics

Creating a portable copy of nvda.

Emmanuel Junaid

Hey there! I want to ask if it's possible to make a portable copy of nvda in an USB disk and make it autorun?
If yes, what's the process?

What do you mean by "and make it autorun"?

If you're looking to have NVDA start up when Windows starts up, it makes very little sense to go with portable rather than installed.

You can, of course, create Startup entries to fire up anything under Windows, but it's really "going around Jake's barn" as the saying goes in the Shenandoah Valley to do this with a program that can handle it all if installed.

     ~ Kelley Boorn

Roger Stewart

You can easily make a portable copy of NVDA on a memory stick but you can't make it auto run.  For security reasons, this function will no longer work.  If you first run Narrator and then you can navigate to the memory stick, find nvda.exe and start it there.  Then turn off narrator and there ya go.

Roger

On 10/11/2020 11:50 AM, Emmanuel Junaid wrote:

Hey there! I want to ask if it's possible to make a portable copy of nvda in an USB disk and make it autorun?
If yes, what's the process?

Tony Ballou

Hi,

I haven’t created a portable copy of NVDA for quite some time.  However, I believe that this can be done using a USB flash.  Check section 3.2 of the users guide which is in the NVDA help menu for further details on it.

Tony