Topics

DECTalk speech

Don H

Is there a legal copy of Decktalk access 32 available for use with NVDA? I had a license for it when I used Window /Eyes and it was my favorite syn.

David Csercsics

I'm not sure it is being developed anymore, but I'd get it for iOS as well, because along with DoubleTalk and artic transport and accent sa, it was a good synth. I don't like any of the human sounding synths and even Espeak and eloquence have distortions and clipping and crackles at high speed. I prefer braille, but when I use Speech I'd like it speedy. Do let me know what you find.

Roger Stewart

Yes, I'd be very interested in finding out if DecTalk can be used with nvda and the new Python version coming soon. I too find these kind of synths far superior to the natural sounding ones especially for reading fast. The natural sounding ones are great for casual novel reading but they just don't work well if sped up much.
Roger

On 8/3/2019 11:40 AM, David Csercsics wrote:
I'm not sure it is being developed anymore, but I'd get it for iOS as well, because along with DoubleTalk and artic transport and accent sa, it was a good synth. I don't like any of the human sounding synths and even Espeak and eloquence have distortions and clipping and crackles at high speed. I prefer braille, but when I use Speech I'd like it speedy. Do let me know what you find.

ely.r@...

Roger,
Quick look online gave me this URL. Did not find just what you were hoping to find, but they may be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck with the, and if you find out, please share,
Rick whoes doctora thesis was on writing with it compared to earlier synthesizers

Yes, I'd be very interested in finding out if DecTalk can be used with nvda and the new Python version coming soon. I too find these kind of synths far superior to the natural sounding ones especially for reading fast. The natural sounding ones are great for casual novel reading but they just don't work well if sped up much.
Roger

On 8/3/2019 11:40 AM, David Csercsics wrote:
I'm not sure it is being developed anymore, but I'd get it for iOS as
well, because along with DoubleTalk and artic transport and accent sa,
it was a good synth. I don't like any of the human sounding synths and
even Espeak and eloquence have distortions and clipping and crackles
at high speed. I prefer braille, but when I use Speech I'd like it
speedy. Do let me know what you find.

ely.r@...

Well, it would help if the URL was there, right?
http://www.speechfxinc.com/text-to-speech.html

[...]

Sarah k Alawami

Waht bothers me is the copyright of theepage. It is 2013, so the copyright expired,sort of. Has this thign even ben updated to workwith nvda and python 3, I highly doubt it.

Take care

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 3 Aug 2019, at 11:23, ely.r@... wrote:

[...]

Josh Kennedy

You have to email Roger dudly. He is the owner of speech-fx-inc owners of decTalk. Maybe they can partner with codeFactory and offer a couple versions of the older software decTalk for us to purchase.

Josh Kennedy

You could also do a google search for the flameOfHope website and the word decTalk. But due to the fact that the addons for decTalk floating around out there are kind of buggy as far as crashing and switching decTalk voices well I would really love to buy a decTalk 4.3 sapi5 and a decTalk 4.3 NVDA addon from codeFactory that is stable and works good.

Orlando Enrique Fiol

You could also do a google search for the flameOfHope website and the
word decTalk. But due to the fact that the addons for decTalk floating
around out there are kind of buggy as far as crashing and switching
decTalk voices well I would really love to buy a decTalk 4.3 sapi5 and
a decTalk 4.3 NVDA addon from codeFactory that is stable and works good.

There is already a SAPI5 version of Dectalk that doesn't crash and sounds very similar to the original. But, as with all SAPI voices, NVDA doesn't recognize it.Orlando Enrique Fiol

Gene

NVDA recognizes SAPI 5 voices.  In the synthesizer menu, there is an item that says something like Microsoft SAPI 5.  People are using all sorts of SAPI 5 voices and some people are using old SAPI 4 voices with NVDA.

I'm not sure what DecTalk version you are referring to.  A Number of years ago, I tried one that is not at all like the DecTalk people are used to.

Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2019 9:02 PM

>You could also do a google search for the flameOfHope website and the
 >word decTalk. But due to the fact that the addons for decTalk floating
 >around out there are kind of buggy as far as crashing and switching
 >decTalk voices well I would really love to buy a decTalk 4.3 sapi5 and
 >a decTalk 4.3 NVDA addon from codeFactory that is stable and works good.

There is already a SAPI5 version of Dectalk that doesn't crash and
sounds very similar to the original. But, as with all SAPI voices,
NVDA doesn't recognize it.Orlando Enrique Fiol

Josh Kennedy

I think he is referring to the sapi5 decTalk on the flameOfHope website in the decTalk_reader1.iso file that you can extract and install using 7zip which you can easily get from www.ninite.com ... 7zip is on the ninite website. But I am not sure of the legality of that sapi5 decTalk, though.

abdul muhamin

I have a working DecTalk NVDA addon. If anyone wanna try. Click

here

Regards

Abdulmuhamin.

Chief content officer at

Blind Help Project

Contact me through the following!

On Facebook

On twitter

On skype

On WhatsApp

E-mail me at

A.Muhamin@...

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I think he is referring to the sapi5 decTalk on the flameOfHope website in the decTalk_reader1.iso file that you can extract and install using 7zip which you can easily get from www.ninite.com ... 7zip is on the ninite website. But I am not sure of the legality of that sapi5 decTalk, though.

Curtis Delzer

I presume you know of the dectalk that works with NVDA, I am using it to write this message and read your messages.

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@...

On 8/3/2019 10:05 AM, Roger Stewart wrote:
Yes, I'd be very interested in finding out if DecTalk can be used with nvda and the new Python version coming soon. I too find these kind of synths far superior to the natural sounding ones especially for reading fast. The natural sounding ones are great for casual novel reading but they just don't work well if sped up much.
Roger

On 8/3/2019 11:40 AM, David Csercsics wrote:
I'm not sure it is being developed anymore, but I'd get it for iOS as well, because along with DoubleTalk and artic transport and accent sa, it was a good synth. I don't like any of the human sounding synths and even Espeak and eloquence have distortions and clipping and crackles at high speed. I prefer braille, but when I use Speech I'd like it speedy. Do let me know what you find.

Don H

I am aware of only one addon for NVDA for decktalk speech and it is not a legal copy. Is there a legal decktalk for NVDA?

Sarah k Alawami

No don't think there is., and with the new updates coming soon, I fear this will, unless the authors want to cooperate, be one, at least not any time soon ish.