Topics

defending my self

Zoe Fiogkos <fiogkos@...>

Sorry everyone, but I feel like I have to defend myself. I made an innocent comment on another  list that obviously was misinterpreted by someone.  I want the owners of this list to know I am not an advocator of illegal software.  I asked for help using outlook on a windows 10 laptop and someone suggested I use my old outlook cd from my windows 7 laptop to install it now on my windows 10 laptop.  I stated that someone installed it for me a long time ago and I don’t have a cd and don’t know if it’s a legal copy.  We all have been there, being new to technology and letting one or more people help us with something we have no idea about.

I remember being so new at computers that when I got my first one, it just sat there for months on a desk, because I had no idea even how to turn it on.  I remember hearing the terminology desktop, task bar, etc.  and me scratching my head and saying to myself huh?  If my outlook copy is legal or not, I have no idea.  I certainly can’t be held responsible for what people did to help me over 7 years ago.  I sent emails to this group asking for help on how to navigate the office.com website so that I may purchase Microsoft word and or outlook.  Apparently I was kicked off another list without warning because supposedly I use illegal software.  For the record this is not true.  My family just spent this Christmas 850 dollars to buy me a new laptop, I continued to spend 300 dollars to upgrade my jaws licence, I spent 100 dollars to by the code factory vocalizer expressive voices for NVDA, and if I need to I will spend money to buy outlook and word.

I hope this clears up to anyone on this list who I am, and my intentions.  People shouldn’t be so quick to judge and accuse.  If people use illegal software that’s their choice, I am choosing not to go that route, and for someone to refuse me help and label me that way is unfair and unjust.  This topic maybe irrelevant to the list and I’m sorry for that but I wanted to clear my name so that I don’t get kicked off anymore lists unfairly.

Please all accept my apologies and thank you for listening.

Regards

Zoe

Gwensinfo

You have excellent points. I support your position. When were first expose the computers were not quite sure what footing were on in many cases. And particularly if someone build you a computer. You have the faith that they're doing the right thing which one my brother Bill mine he gave me software. But who knows. There are some great areas. Not everything is black-and-white.

Gwen and the great Orb
sent from my iPhone 5s
"a dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue  "
Anonymous"

On Mar 10, 2016, at 9:40 AM, Zoe Fiogkos <fiogkos@...> wrote:

[...]

The licensing for how many machines one can install on can also be confusing. What muddies the waters further is that some software will allow you to install itself on more than one machine, some will not. That can also get extremely confusing

[...]

Hello Zoe,

Sorry to hear about what you went through. Please write to me and Nimer offlist (at nvda+owner@groups.io) and I’ll try my best to talk to the owner of another list on your behalf. When you do file a report with us (moderators offlist), be sure to tell us the entire story (what you said and responses from the members of the list you were removed; I promise confidentiality).

As it stands, due to sensitive nature of this, this thread will be closed (not that we are against Zoe, but to let Zoe recover from this incident).

[...]

Mallard

Before the thread closes, Zoe,

Hugs from me.
Ollie