Topics

deleting search querry in word and return to normal use of pgup and pgdn keys

J.G

Edited

Hello,

this question is not directly about NVDA, but some years ago I saw topic about searching in word on this list. unfortunately now I cannot find it, so I'm going to ask again. does anyone know what to do that ctrl+pgdn and ctrl+pgup key combinations return to normal use after you search for some string/word in Ms Word?
e.g.: I have a long document and I want to find one string. I open search dialog (ctrl+f) and type querry and press enter. from this stage ctrl+pgup and ctrl+pgdn bring focus to previous or next search result. so how to bring normal behaviour after searching? yes, closing a program is one solution, but I hope, that there is another more comfortable.

thanks.

regards,
Jožef

Gene

See this page. You can use the go to command, control g. A dialog opens. I played with it. I don't know if it is the same as in your version. By default, it is set for next page. Tab once, press enter, then tab to close and press enter. That will move you to the next page and it will also restore the page up and down keys, when used with control, to their default function.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/word-2016-pageup-and-pagedown-after-using-replace/bdd5d6cb-8d93-4101-b8f2-bb67c8b44e67