Topics

Determining if comments are resolved in Word

Rick

In newer version of Microsoft Word, a feature to Resolve Comments is present. When a comment is resolved, it is visually displayed collapsed and is dimmed (faded into the background).

I can use the context menu, and if the comment is resolved, the content menu will display a Reopen command instead of the Resolve Comment command. However, this is a tedious way to determine if a comment has been resolved.

Is there any  other way in NVDA to determine if a comment is resolved. I do not see it in the Elements dialog nor is it spoken when using the NVDA +Alt+C command to read a comment.

Enabling Microsoft’s UI Automation in the NVDA advanced settings dialog does not have any effect regarding resolved comments.

I am running the latest released version of Office 365 and NVDA.

Thanks, Rick

Quentin Christensen

Good pickup Rick,

I've created an issue for it: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/9685