Topics

Disable interactions with specific programs

Joonas Palosuo

Hi!

I'm working as a web developer and am currently using NVDA to test our webpages for accessibility. For some reason using Visual Studio Code while having NVDA open causes the code editor to lag substantially (even in silent mode), and as I don't really need the screen reader for other programs than my web browser (Chrome, Firefox) for testing purposes I would prefer to completely disable it for VS Code or only enable it for my web browsers.

I couldn't find a way to do this in any of the documentations, is there something that could be done, for example via the python console?

Best regards,
Joonas Palosuo

Luke Davis

Just to confirm: when you say "even in silent mode", you mean when you have pressed NVDA+Shift+S in VS Code, to put NVDA to sleep?

Joonas Palosuo

That is correct, and also with NVDA + S (toggling speech mode off)