Topics

disabling NVDA collapse/expanded prompt in firefox 68.01

Orhan Deniz <orhan.deniz63@...>

Hi. probably something really obvious I'm missing here but has anyone
figured out a way to disable the NVDA collapsed/expanded prompt in the
firefox address bar of version 66 and upwards? I find it to be
slightly irritating and cumbersome as I just type my address and then move on, I
don't need to know whether its expanded or collapsed in this instance.
I have also disabled autofill in about:config however I believe this
is something to do more with NVDA than ff. also using NVDA 19.1.

Cheers, Orhan.

hi.
i am not familiar with newer versions of firefox,
but i believe that its good to test disabling autocomplete in firefox
about:config
browser.urlbar.autocomplete.enabled
i disabled it in my favorite version of firefox which is firefox 50.
hope that can helps you, God bless you!

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Orhan Deniz <orhan.deniz63@...>

Yes, I tried that before I wrote this post. Alas it did not seem to work.

On 10/08/2019 00:49, zahra wrote:
[...]

Arlene

Hi I don’t use firefox. But I bet clapsed and expanded does get old and annoying.  I hope you get your problem resolved.  I don’t have firefox installed on this win ten machine.  I had that problem with my old win 7 before it died.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10