Do the Alpha builds of NVDA do any update checking for stable production builds?

I know that if you use beta or release candidate versions of NVDA, these actually do the expected checking and if a new stable version is available they'll ask you about downloading them.

Yesterday I uninstalled the latest stable version of NVDA to install an alpha version to assist in testing the issue with updating NVDA itself and Add-On Updater.  But I have no idea if it checks for new stable versions or not, as alpha software can sometimes be quite different than beta or release candidate in terms of functions like this one, so I thought I'd ask, as several of the regulars must know.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all.

~ John F. Kennedy

Hi,

NO - alpha builds will check for alpha build updates. Think of it as Firefox Nightly versus other channels where Nightly will check for new NIghtly builds whereas stable builds will check for stable updates. This is intentional as alpha builds are designed to house latest tested changes, but sometimes it is the testing ground for new and changed technologies.

Cheers,

Joseph

Thanks Joseph.

I strongly suspected this might be the case because alpha channels (no matter what they're called) often have specific exceptions to other channel updating rules.  But having it confirmed means I know what I need to do after installing an alpha build if I want to go back to the regular release channel:  uninstall the alpha and reinstall the latest release channel or, possibly, release candidate.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all.

~ John F. Kennedy