Does anyone know if NVDA works with the BlueStacks Android emulator?

Sharni-Lee Ward

I'm asking because my mum and sister are playing this awesome app-based
game that I could only play on PC with this emulator installed. I know
Google things are pretty accessible but I'm not sure about this and I'd
love to know if anyone else has tried something like this. I'd ask if
the app I want this emulator for is accessible enough for me to play but
if the emulator isn't, the app won't be, so I'll start there.

Andre Fisher

You can use the emulator, but you would need to use Google Talkback
inside it. NVDA won't read these screens, but you can install it
fairly well with NVDA.

On 6/9/17, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@hotmail.com> wrote:
I'm asking because my mum and sister are playing this awesome app-based
game that I could only play on PC with this emulator installed. I know
Google things are pretty accessible but I'm not sure about this and I'd
love to know if anyone else has tried something like this. I'd ask if
the app I want this emulator for is accessible enough for me to play but
if the emulator isn't, the app won't be, so I'll start there.

Mark <mark@...>

Hi I have installed blue stack but how do I turn on google talkback please

Why not tune in to our online radio station TAFN radio
https://www.facebook.com/tafnradio/app/402411266453495/
Or to find out more and more ways of listening go to
www.tafn.org.uk/radio
part of the accessible friends network
www.tafn.org.uk
Registered UK Charity: #1108043.
Sent from Mail for Windows 10

On 6/9/17, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@...> wrote:

> I'm asking because my mum and sister are playing this awesome app-based

> game that I could only play on PC with this emulator installed. I know

> Google things are pretty accessible but I'm not sure about this and I'd

> love to know if anyone else has tried something like this. I'd ask if

> the app I want this emulator for is accessible enough for me to play but

> if the emulator isn't, the app won't be, so I'll start there.

how did u get passed the search search field

when yo u are given a choice to search fore apps, and then launch emulator?
you will need sited help getting talkback set up
also when I ran it last I had trouble with some of the talkback commands making the emulator act strange
thanks
Hank

On 6/10/2017 7:52 AM, Mark wrote:

Hi I have installed blue stack but how do I turn on google talkback please

Why not tune in to our online radio station TAFN radio
https://www.facebook.com/tafnradio/app/402411266453495/
Or to find out more and more ways of listening go to
www.tafn.org.uk/radio
part of the accessible friends network
www.tafn.org.uk
Registered UK Charity: #1108043.
Sent from Mail for Windows 10

You can use the emulator, but you would need to use Google Talkback

inside it. NVDA won't read these screens, but you can install it

fairly well with NVDA.

On 6/9/17, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@...> wrote:

> I'm asking because my mum and sister are playing this awesome app-based

> game that I could only play on PC with this emulator installed. I know

> Google things are pretty accessible but I'm not sure about this and I'd

> love to know if anyone else has tried something like this. I'd ask if

> the app I want this emulator for is accessible enough for me to play but

> if the emulator isn't, the app won't be, so I'll start there.

JinYoun

Hi, How do I get talk back on windows to use blue stack? I downloaded it to my pc and NVDA does not read me anything...
Thank you

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 07:14 PM, JinYoun wrote:
Hi, How do I get talk back on windows to use blue stack? I downloaded it to my pc and NVDA does not read me anything...
-
You have this entirely backwards.  Once an emulator is on Windows it is within the emulator that you "get" any applications relevant to that ecosystem.

There has just been a discussion today regarding the fact that emulators are "walled gardens" that, while they run under a given operating system, are worlds of their own.  You work within them, not jumping across that wall.

I do not know whether there are any users of specific Android Emulators either on the Blind Android Users Group or Android Accessibility Group, but those would be better places to ask about TalkBack (or, more accurately, Android Accessibility Suite) in emulated Android environments.

NVDA does not work under Android, and as soon as you are inside an emulator you are effectively in Android and only have access to things that run under Android.

Blind Android Users Group (formerly known as ANATAD)

Archive:  https://groups.io/g/blindandroidusers/topics

To join:  blindandroidusers+subscribe@groups.io

To post:  blindandroidusers@groups.io

To receive a message containing the group description, and a list of these commands:   blindandroidusers+help@groups.io

To stop receiving messages via email (you may still read messages on the Web):  blindandroidusers+nomail@groups.io

This can also be used to put a vacation stop on group messages, then use one of the addresses below to resume delivery in the format of your choice.

To receive each group messages individually:  blindandroidusers+single@groups.io

This is the default delivery unless you send a message to one of the addresses that follows.

To receive group messages in an HTML formatted digest:  blindandroidusers+fulldigest@groups.io

To receive group messages in a plain text digest:  blindandroidusers+digest@groups.io

To receive a daily summary instead of individual messages:  blindandroidusers+summary@groups.io

To receive only special messages:  blindandroidusers+special@groups.io

To contact the group owner(s):  blindandroidusers+owner@groups.io

This community is for discussions about Android platform and its accessibility for blind and visually impaired users. Feel free to discuss or ask about app recommendations, OS problems, Screen readers, Vision aids, assistive apps, or any other related topic that you think will make the use of Android easier for the community.

Archive:  https://groups.io/g/androidaccessibility/topics

Subscribe: androidaccessibility+subscribe@groups.io

Post: androidaccessibility@groups.io

Group Owner: androidaccessibility+owner@groups.io

Help: androidaccessibility+help@groups.io

         ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

JinYoun

Hi Brian, thank you for these groups. I didn't know where to ask about this...
Appreciate your help

Jin