Don't want NVDA announce punctuation marks

soloman s

Hello all,
I find it interrupting the reading flow when NVDA announces
punctuation marks everytime.
I want the feature turned off, please help.

--
With warm regards
Solomon S

Chris Mullins

Hi

Use NVDA+Control+v to open the voice dialog, tab down to “Symbol and Punctuation level”  and experiment with the different settings until you find an acceptable level.          I use “Most” which doesn’t interfere with the text flow for me.

Cheers  Chris

Sent from Mail for Windows

I find it interrupting the reading flow when NVDA  announces

punctuation marks everytime.

I want the feature turned off, please help.

--

With warm regards

Solomon S

teachsolo@...

Sarah k Alawami

Why not hit nvda plus p, at least in laptop mode. This will cycle between the options.

Use NVDA+Control+v to open the voice dialog, tab down to “Symbol and Punctuation level”  and experiment with the different settings until you find an acceptable level.          I use “Most” which doesn’t interfere with the text flow for me.

Cheers  Chris

Sent from Mail for Windows

I find it interrupting the reading flow when NVDA  announces

punctuation marks everytime.

I want the feature turned off, please help.

--

With warm regards

Solomon S

teachsolo@...

Quentin Christensen

NVDA+p works in both laptop and desktop mode to cycle the punctuation level.  You can also edit the level for any given symbol using the punctuation / symbol pronunciation dialog in the preferences menu.  I put some information on that in our In-Process blog a couple of months ago: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-30th-april-2021/#SymbolPronunciation

Another thing you can do is set different punctuation levels in different programs using configuration profiles, and I included a piece about that just a couple of week's ago: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-19th-august-2021/#Profiles

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 3:38 AM Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

Why not hit nvda plus p, at least in laptop mode. This will cycle between the options.

Use NVDA+Control+v to open the voice dialog, tab down to “Symbol and Punctuation level”  and experiment with the different settings until you find an acceptable level.          I use “Most” which doesn’t interfere with the text flow for me.

Cheers  Chris

Sent from Mail for Windows

I find it interrupting the reading flow when NVDA  announces

punctuation marks everytime.

I want the feature turned off, please help.

--

With warm regards

Solomon S

teachsolo@...