Topics

donating

Monte Single

I just tried donating.

It seems I have to set up a paypal account.  I chose masstercard,  but after entering card number etc, it was still settin up a paypal account.

Can I donate without setting up paypal?

Thanks,

Monte

To be clear, you will be taken to a PayPal page, since this is the processor that NVAccess is using, but you don't have to either have or create a PayPal Account.

Once I got to the Donation page where the amount is shown, and editable, there are two links (made to look like buttons, which I hate) beneath the amount:  Donate and Donate with Card.   Choosing the latter takes you to a page where you have to select your country (so PayPal will know what currency you're making your donation using) then the rest is standard edit boxes related to your credit card number, etc.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Monte Single

OK, I’ll look for the donate with card button.

Thanks,

Monte

To be clear, you will be taken to a PayPal page, since this is the processor that NVAccess is using, but you don't have to either have or create a PayPal Account.

Once I got to the Donation page where the amount is shown, and editable, there are two links (made to look like buttons, which I hate) beneath the amount:  Donate and Donate with Card.   Choosing the latter takes you to a page where you have to select your country (so PayPal will know what currency you're making your donation using) then the rest is standard edit boxes related to your credit card number, etc.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

Don H

I don't have a paypal account and donated just the other day. One thing you wilol notice is that Paypal does charge a small fee.

On 2/9/2019 1:34 PM, Monte Single wrote:
I just tried donating.
It seems I have to set up a paypal account.  I chose masstercard,  but after entering card number etc, it was still settin up a paypal account.
Can I donate without setting up paypal?
Thanks,
Monte

Quentin Christensen

Hi Monte,

Firstly thank you for your support!

As others have noted, and Brian gave steps for, you definitely should be able to donate without having a PayPal account, although it does use PayPal to process the payment.  You should be able to enter your credit card information as Brian said.  Do let us know if you are still having problems.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Monte Single

Hi,  Quentin,

I donated  a few hours ago,  selecting the “donate with card” button was what I needed to choose.

Yes, I got an email from paypal and  from the statement, I saw it had taken a little for the transaction.

Thanks,

Monte

[...]

Excellent,

Glad you got it working, and thank you again for your support1

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 10:54 AM Monte Single <mrsingle@...> wrote:

[...]

I noticed when I made the selection for a $30.00 one time payment the next page in the process changed it to 30,00 which I assume would have been 30,000 so Iwent to the edit box where you can enter the amount you want.

Excellent,
Glad you got it working, and thank you again for your support1
Kind regards
Quentin.
On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 10:54 AM Monte Single <mrsingle@... <mailto:mrsingle@...>> wrote:
Hi,  Quentin,____
__ __
<mailto:mrsingle@...>> wrote:____
I just tried donating.____
It seems I have to set up a paypal account.  I chose
masstercard,  but after entering card number etc, it was still
settin up a paypal account.____
Can I donate without setting up paypal?____
Thanks,____
Monte____
____
__ __
-- ____
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager____
__ __
Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now
available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/____
__ __
www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org/>____
Twitter:@NVAccess____
__
--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager
Twitter:@NVAccess

Howard Traxler

I did want to donate in 2018 as I did in 2017, but time got away.  Now, I hesitate only because of these messages about NVDA dying.  Once, I donated to the local public TV station because they said it would keep a particular program on the air.  The program is gone and so is my donation.  Hence forth, I am very careful.

Howard

[...]

molly the blind tech lover

NVDA is not dying. It was just  a rumor.

[...]

Hi Howard,

No NVDA is not dying, I don't know where that rumour started.  We are going strong :)

If you would instead like something tangible for your contribution, if you haven't already, you might consider purchasing the training material or the certification, which you can get from the site:

Kind regards

Quentin.