Topics

Drag and Drop

Louise Pfau

Hi.  Is there a drag and drop feature for NVDA?  I couldn't find anything in the user guide.  JAWS uses CONTROL+JAWS+NUMPAD / to perform the function when you're focused on the item to be dragged, and then again when you're focused on the drop location.

Thanks,

Louise

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

See the section below in the user guide it will list all commands to do with the mouse including drag and drop.

5.7. Navigating with the Mouse

I did not copy in all the commands more to do with bandwidth with some people.

Gene nz

On 3/11/2020 9:09 am, Louise Pfau wrote:
Hi.  Is there a drag and drop feature for NVDA?  I couldn't find anything in the user guide.  JAWS uses CONTROL+JAWS+NUMPAD / to perform the function when you're focused on the item to be dragged, and then again when you're focused on the drop location.

Thanks,

Louise

Louise Pfau

Hi.  I just went into the section of the user guide that you referenced, and there was nothing to do with drag and drop as such.  There were commands for using the mouse.

Thanks,

Louise

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

Are you using a physical mouse? or are you doing it by mouse commands.

Left mouse button lock
shift+numpadDivide
NVDA+control+[
none
Locks the left mouse button down. Press again to release it. To drag the mouse, press this key to lock the left button down and then move the mouse either physically or use one of the other mouse routing commands

Right mouse button lock
shift+numpadMultiply
NVDA+control+]
none
Locks the right mouse button down. Press again to release it. To drag the mouse, press this key to lock the right button down and then move the mouse either physically or use one of the other mouse routing commands

The other option is maybe the golden cursor add on which can be found at https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/goldenCursor.en.html

There is a part in there where you can also use the arrow keys to move the mouse if I remember right to drag and drop along with some other stuff that might be used.

if I remember right when I used to use a mouse it was basically find what you wanted to drag then hold down I think it was the left mouse key on the item move it to the new position then let the left mouse button off

Is this more like it?

I thin at times it may depend on the program 2.

Gene nz

Is

On 3/11/2020 10:48 am, Louise Pfau wrote:
Hi.  I just went into the section of the user guide that you referenced, and there was nothing to do with drag and drop as such.  There were commands for using the mouse.

Thanks,

Louise

Gene

In 5.7 there is a section titled something like commands related to the mouse.
There is a brief description of drag and drop there. I found the section by opening the user guide, which opens in the default browser, and searching, as I would a web page because this is a long HTML document and your browser is working with your screen-reader in browse mode, for the word drag. I then moved up until I got to the start of the section.

You don't need to go back to the beginning unless you want more information but you will have to go back a little.