drag and drop


farhan israk
 

How can I drag and drop with nvda?


 

This has been discussed myriad times, and even recently.  Searching a Groups.io Topics Page/Archive


A search on the two words "drag" and "drop" with no and turns up quite a few topics/posts.  I'd suggest you take a look at TheeQuinn's tutorial she gives a link to in the first message of the topic:  New Video: How to Control your mouse with NVDA without ever touching it

Other options exist and are turned up if you search.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

You can't crush ideas by suppressing them. You can only crush them by ignoring them.
     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed


Jackie
 

Having said that, though, dragging-&-dropping for blind folks is
notably inefficient unless there's absolutely positively definitively
no other way to do something. So, Farhan, precisely what is it that
you're trying to accomplish, as there may be a much simpler way than
d&d.

On 4/19/22, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
This has been discussed myriad times, and even recently. *Searching a
Groups.io Topics Page/Archive* (
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1HczDVJcIHqun9Ne2e4RlYbzHZBDLy6CN
)

A search on the two words "drag" and "drop" with no and turns up quite a few
topics/posts.  I'd suggest you take a look at TheeQuinn's tutorial she gives
a link to in the first message of the topic: New Video: How to Control your
mouse with NVDA without ever touching it (
https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/topic/88917132#92723 )

Other options exist and are turned up if you search.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044

*You can't crush ideas by suppressing them. You can only crush them by
ignoring them.
* ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed





--
Subscribe to a WordPress for Newbies Mailing List by sending a message to:
wp4newbs-request@... with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by
visiting the list page at http://www.freelists.org/list/wp4newbs
& check out my sites at www.brightstarsweb.com & www.mysitesbeenhacked.com


Monte Single
 

What does drag and drop do that copy and paste can't do?

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jackie
Sent: April 19, 2022 12:05 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] drag and drop

Having said that, though, dragging-&-dropping for blind folks is notably inefficient unless there's absolutely positively definitively no other way to do something. So, Farhan, precisely what is it that you're trying to accomplish, as there may be a much simpler way than d&d.

On 4/19/22, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
This has been discussed myriad times, and even recently. *Searching a
Groups.io Topics Page/Archive* (
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1HczDVJcIHqun9Ne2e4RlYb
zHZBDLy6CN
)

A search on the two words "drag" and "drop" with no and turns up quite
a few topics/posts. I'd suggest you take a look at TheeQuinn's
tutorial she gives a link to in the first message of the topic: New
Video: How to Control your mouse with NVDA without ever touching it (
https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/topic/88917132#92723 )

Other options exist and are turned up if you search.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044

*You can't crush ideas by suppressing them. You can only crush them by
ignoring them.
* ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed






--
Subscribe to a WordPress for Newbies Mailing List by sending a message to:
wp4newbs-request@... with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by visiting the list page at http://www.freelists.org/list/wp4newbs
& check out my sites at www.brightstarsweb.com & www.mysitesbeenhacked.com


Gene
 

At times, you can drag and drop something to change its position such as for the order of icons on the task bar.  In Thunderbird, you can drag and drop to change the order of e-mail headers shown in the message list;.

I don't know how else it is used but those are instances in which copy and paste wouldn't be used. 

Gene

On 4/19/2022 1:10 PM, Monte Single wrote:
What does drag and drop do that copy and paste can't do?

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jackie
Sent: April 19, 2022 12:05 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] drag and drop

Having said that, though, dragging-&-dropping for blind folks is notably inefficient unless there's absolutely positively definitively no other way to do something. So, Farhan, precisely what is it that you're trying to accomplish, as there may be a much simpler way than d&d.

On 4/19/22, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
This has been discussed myriad times, and even recently. *Searching a 
Groups.io Topics Page/Archive* ( 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1HczDVJcIHqun9Ne2e4RlYb
zHZBDLy6CN
)

A search on the two words "drag" and "drop" with no and turns up quite 
a few topics/posts.  I'd suggest you take a look at TheeQuinn's 
tutorial she gives a link to in the first message of the topic: New 
Video: How to Control your mouse with NVDA without ever touching it (
https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/topic/88917132#92723 )

Other options exist and are turned up if you search.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044

*You can't crush ideas by suppressing them. You can only crush them by 
ignoring them.
* ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed







--
Subscribe to a WordPress for Newbies Mailing List by sending a message to:
wp4newbs-request@... with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by visiting the list page at http://www.freelists.org/list/wp4newbs
& check out my sites at www.brightstarsweb.com & www.mysitesbeenhacked.com













 

On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 02:05 PM, Jackie wrote:
Having said that, though, dragging-&-dropping for blind folks is notably inefficient unless there's absolutely positively definitively no other way to do something.
-
About which we're in absolute agreement.  And emulated drag and drop fails as often as it succeeds.  All of that is discussed in that one topic, and many others, too.

I hate emulated drag and drop with a burning passion, and depending on what's actually being attempted, when the drag and drop both are constrained (e.g., moving Taskbar icons around under Windows 10) doing it with real drag and drop with built-in trial and error for dropping where something was not quite wanted in the order is still faster than trying to accomplish it via emulation, in every experience I've ever had.

But my central point was really at the outset of my initial response.  This is the textbook example of a topic that has been asked and answered more times than I can count.  Another round in regard to the actual mechanics of real or emulated drag and drop serves no one.  That's what the archive is for, and as moderator I expect people to turn to the archive before asking questions they almost have to know have been asked and answered many times before.  That's even mentioned in the welcome message (which contains the group rules) and monthly reminder message, too.

I hasten to add that your post, asking for clarification about what it is that's actually being attempted, is completely instance specific and could get rid of the whole overarching question after it's answered.  It's not this sort of query that's problematic.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

You can't crush ideas by suppressing them. You can only crush them by ignoring them.
     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed


 

On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 02:25 PM, Gene wrote:
I don't know how else it is used but those are instances in which copy and paste wouldn't be used.
-
You're right, but I am encouraged that drag and drop as a whole is falling out of favor compared in times past.  Another instance is in certain online matching apps where you are doing the same thing that the sighted used to be asked to do as children on a lot of quizzes:  drawing a line from an item in column one that goes with some item in column two.  That is most often done by dragging the item from column one and dropping it on column two, at which time the connecting line appears.

This is just falling out of favor to a large extent.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

You can't crush ideas by suppressing them. You can only crush them by ignoring them.
     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed


Sarah k Alawami
 

Sometimes dragging an element on top of another has to be done in loo of a copy paste due to the structure of the app and or website. some apps don't have an open file button so a drag drop is necessary as a copy paste does not work in this case.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2022 11:10 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] drag and drop

What does drag and drop do that copy and paste can't do?

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jackie
Sent: April 19, 2022 12:05 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] drag and drop

Having said that, though, dragging-&-dropping for blind folks is notably inefficient unless there's absolutely positively definitively no other way to do something. So, Farhan, precisely what is it that you're trying to accomplish, as there may be a much simpler way than d&d.

On 4/19/22, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
This has been discussed myriad times, and even recently. *Searching a
Groups.io Topics Page/Archive* (
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1HczDVJcIHqun9Ne2e4RlYb
zHZBDLy6CN
)

A search on the two words "drag" and "drop" with no and turns up quite
a few topics/posts. I'd suggest you take a look at TheeQuinn's
tutorial she gives a link to in the first message of the topic: New
Video: How to Control your mouse with NVDA without ever touching it (
https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/topic/88917132#92723 )

Other options exist and are turned up if you search.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044

*You can't crush ideas by suppressing them. You can only crush them by
ignoring them.
* ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed






--
Subscribe to a WordPress for Newbies Mailing List by sending a message to:
wp4newbs-request@... with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by visiting the list page at http://www.freelists.org/list/wp4newbs
& check out my sites at www.brightstarsweb.com & www.mysitesbeenhacked.com


Jackie
 

I think sometimes, Brian, that blind folks read instructions, listen
to videos, etc, that are made by & for sighted folks (which is a good
thing) but then feel that those instructions are the only way to
accomplish something. I suspect this is likely even more true
w/non-native English speakers, for whom my admiration for the most
part knows no bounds, because they're already starting out w/2 strikes
against them--they can't see the instructions, & they find the
language hard to understand as well. So yes--while I certainly concur
that searching the archives is going to be helpful, knowing what he
wishes to do might help us guide him in an even more productive
direction he doesn't know to ask about. Sometimes the hardest thing is
genuinely not knowing what you don't know, if you get my drift--& then
how can you ask or search intelligently regarding it.

On 4/19/22, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 02:25 PM, Gene wrote:


I don't know how else it is used but those are instances in which copy
and
paste wouldn't be used.
-
You're right, but I am encouraged that drag and drop as a whole is falling
out of favor compared in times past.  Another instance is in certain online
matching apps where you are doing the same thing that the sighted used to be
asked to do as children on a lot of quizzes:  drawing a line from an item in
column one that goes with some item in column two.  That is most often done
by dragging the item from column one and dropping it on column two, at which
time the connecting line appears.

This is just falling out of favor to a large extent.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044

*You can't crush ideas by suppressing them. You can only crush them by
ignoring them.
* ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed





--
Subscribe to a WordPress for Newbies Mailing List by sending a message to:
wp4newbs-request@... with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by
visiting the list page at http://www.freelists.org/list/wp4newbs
& check out my sites at www.brightstarsweb.com & www.mysitesbeenhacked.com


 

On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 02:46 PM, Jackie wrote:
So yes--while I certainly concur that searching the archives is going to be helpful, knowing what he wishes to do might help us guide him in an even more productive direction he doesn't know to ask about. Sometimes the hardest thing is genuinely not knowing what you don't know, if you get my drift--& then
how can you ask or search intelligently regarding it.
-
Jackie,

I stated, explicitly, that your request for clarification is an excellent addition in circumstances like this one.

As to "not knowing what you don't know," the best way I've found to get a grip on that, too, is to search and read a bit.  This will result in one of two things, at a minimum:
- clarification about what it is you don't know, and how to better focus your question or questions
- additional confusion, sometimes terrible, but at least then you can say you're really confused and that you've had a look at references X, Y, and Z which have only left you more confused.

I'm never, ever going to change my position after all these years of teaching and tutoring that independently trying to get a grip around what it is you wish to ask about before asking about it, when it's something that anyone with a lick of common sense knows has been asked and answered a thousand thousand times, is the only way to go.  When that step has been taken, if the answer has not already been determined, you usually end up being able to better focus your questions, which really helps both those who need assistance and their assistants.

Even "drag and drop" covers a huge, huge territory.  And I'm not complaining about the topic title, as that zeros in on the region, but ideally the clarification you've now requested would have been a part of the original message.  Specificity is really necessary in the vast majority of instances where technical assistance is being requested.

Off to do pre-hab for my total knee replacement, which will be here very soon indeed!
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

You can't crush ideas by suppressing them. You can only crush them by ignoring them.
     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed


Gene
 

I think a point that should be made more often is that people should explain what they want to do in general.  I see, often enough to matter, people ask how to do something.  They get the answer and then further discussion discloses that there is a much better way to do what they want or that what they ask for is not the correct thing to do in the first place.

If you only ask how to do something, you will get that answer if people know it.  That doesn't mean you will get effective help since people don't know what you are trying to do and you may be asking how to do something using an inefficient method or you are asking how to do something that is incorrect for what you want to do.

Gene

On 4/19/2022 1:44 PM, Jackie wrote:
I think sometimes, Brian, that blind folks read instructions, listen
to videos, etc, that are made by & for sighted folks (which is a good
thing) but then feel that those instructions are the only way to
accomplish something. I suspect this is likely even more true
w/non-native English speakers, for whom my admiration for the most
part knows no bounds, because they're already starting out w/2 strikes
against them--they can't see the instructions, & they find the
language hard to understand as well. So yes--while I certainly concur
that searching the archives is going to be helpful, knowing what he
wishes to do might help us guide him in an even more productive
direction he doesn't know to ask about. Sometimes the hardest thing is
genuinely not knowing what you don't know, if you get my drift--& then
how can you ask or search intelligently regarding it.

On 4/19/22, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 02:25 PM, Gene wrote:

I don't know how else it is used but those are instances in which copy
and
paste wouldn't be used.
-
You're right, but I am encouraged that drag and drop as a whole is falling
out of favor compared in times past.  Another instance is in certain online
matching apps where you are doing the same thing that the sighted used to be
asked to do as children on a lot of quizzes:  drawing a line from an item in
column one that goes with some item in column two.  That is most often done
by dragging the item from column one and dropping it on column two, at which
time the connecting line appears.

This is just falling out of favor to a large extent.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044

*You can't crush ideas by suppressing them. You can only crush them by
ignoring them.
* ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed






Christopher Bartlett
 

So, an example of that would be:
I have an audio plugin for use with Reaper.  To activate the license for this, the instructions say to drag the license file onto the application.  I have tried copy/paste to no effect.  Thus far, I have been unable to make emulated drop&drag work as I'm losing the item when I change focus from the win explorer window to the application window.
(Note, this is hypothetical, I solved this particular problem yesterday.)

Christopher Bartlett


On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 2:05 PM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
I think a point that should be made more often is that people should
explain what they want to do in general.  I see, often enough to matter,
people ask how to do something.  They get the answer and then further
discussion discloses that there is a much better way to do what they
want or that what they ask for is not the correct thing to do in the
first place.

If you only ask how to do something, you will get that answer if people
know it.  That doesn't mean you will get effective help since people
don't know what you are trying to do and you may be asking how to do
something using an inefficient method or you are asking how to do
something that is incorrect for what you want to do.

Gene

On 4/19/2022 1:44 PM, Jackie wrote:
> I think sometimes, Brian, that blind folks read instructions, listen
> to videos, etc, that are made by & for sighted folks (which is a good
> thing) but then feel that those instructions are the only way to
> accomplish something. I suspect this is likely even more true
> w/non-native English speakers, for whom my admiration for the most
> part knows no bounds, because they're already starting out w/2 strikes
> against them--they can't see the instructions, & they find the
> language hard to understand as well. So yes--while I certainly concur
> that searching the archives is going to be helpful, knowing what he
> wishes to do might help us guide him in an even more productive
> direction he doesn't know to ask about. Sometimes the hardest thing is
> genuinely not knowing what you don't know, if you get my drift--& then
> how can you ask or search intelligently regarding it.
>
> On 4/19/22, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 02:25 PM, Gene wrote:
>>
>>> I don't know how else it is used but those are instances in which copy
>>> and
>>> paste wouldn't be used.
>> -
>> You're right, but I am encouraged that drag and drop as a whole is falling
>> out of favor compared in times past.  Another instance is in certain online
>> matching apps where you are doing the same thing that the sighted used to be
>> asked to do as children on a lot of quizzes:  drawing a line from an item in
>> column one that goes with some item in column two.  That is most often done
>> by dragging the item from column one and dropping it on column two, at which
>> time the connecting line appears.
>>
>> This is just falling out of favor to a large extent.
>> --
>>
>> Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044
>>
>> *You can't crush ideas by suppressing them. You can only crush them by
>> ignoring them.
>> * ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>








--
Christopher Bartlett


Sarah k Alawami
 

I tend to agree with the both of you. But then I’m an ESL teacher who has had experience in trying to teach the student the words to say and or right in order to ask the questions needed to get the task done. That is not an easy job. Anyway, hopefully the person will answer and say what they needed to do. Good luck on knee surgery, Bryan.

 

----

 

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFfP. We are also on lbry as well.

 

Stay in touch with us via our discord. This is an easier way to both contact us, and get to know your fellow listeners.

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2022 12:03 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] drag and drop

 

On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 02:46 PM, Jackie wrote:

So yes--while I certainly concur that searching the archives is going to be helpful, knowing what he wishes to do might help us guide him in an even more productive direction he doesn't know to ask about. Sometimes the hardest thing is genuinely not knowing what you don't know, if you get my drift--& then
how can you ask or search intelligently regarding it.

-
Jackie,

I stated, explicitly, that your request for clarification is an excellent addition in circumstances like this one.

As to "not knowing what you don't know," the best way I've found to get a grip on that, too, is to search and read a bit.  This will result in one of two things, at a minimum:
- clarification about what it is you don't know, and how to better focus your question or questions
- additional confusion, sometimes terrible, but at least then you can say you're really confused and that you've had a look at references X, Y, and Z which have only left you more confused.

I'm never, ever going to change my position after all these years of teaching and tutoring that independently trying to get a grip around what it is you wish to ask about before asking about it, when it's something that anyone with a lick of common sense knows has been asked and answered a thousand thousand times, is the only way to go.  When that step has been taken, if the answer has not already been determined, you usually end up being able to better focus your questions, which really helps both those who need assistance and their assistants.

Even "drag and drop" covers a huge, huge territory.  And I'm not complaining about the topic title, as that zeros in on the region, but ideally the clarification you've now requested would have been a part of the original message.  Specificity is really necessary in the vast majority of instances where technical assistance is being requested.

Off to do pre-hab for my total knee replacement, which will be here very soon indeed!
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

You can't crush ideas by suppressing them. You can only crush them by ignoring them.
     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed


 

On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 08:26 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
I tend to agree with the both of you.  [Myself and Jackie]
-
I really, really have to give Gene huge credit here, too.  He's hit the nail on the head that, if you are able to state even reasonably clearly "the big picture" about what you hope to accomplish, you're likely to get a much better set of recommendations.  There are so very often multiple approaches to exactly the same problem, none of which are better than the others, but where one or more of those options will appeal far more than others do.  It's about what the person looking for help is comfortable with.  It's better to state what it is you're trying to accomplish and see what people have to say than pick a method when you really don't know whether that's The One, True Way.

Something else that occurs once you've been a teacher long enough, in the same arena, is that you develop a sort of sixth sense about what is really being asked about when the question itself, to the uninitiated, would not lead that way.  You'll occasionally, of course, be off base, but I'll never stop answering based upon my gut sense about what's really being asked for when it's clear that the question itself is kinda-sorta nebulous.

The whole process of assisting should be presumed to be a back and forth process.  Those with "the answers" most often don't have all of them, particularly at the outset, but will point in a direction and rely on the questioner to fill in additional information about whether that direction is working, or not working, as they're trying it.

A very great number of the questions that come up here that could not be answered in seconds with an archive or web search can and do take a lot of back and forth, stepwise refinement, from both/all sides as the process progresses.  There are certain very sweeping suggestions that can be made that play a part in that back and forth, but those may not be solutions, but steps that get information necessary to arrive at one.
 
I really hope that we hear back from Farhan about what it is he's trying to do so that all these potential assistants can give suggestions about how, exactly, he might go about doing it.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

You can't crush ideas by suppressing them. You can only crush them by ignoring them.
     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed


farhan israk
 

Thank you. i would like to apologize you for annoying you. I am pursuing a  course in learnwise.com. I have been stuck in matching table. I need to drag and drop to rearrange the table. There are four text in left column and four text in right column. There is a box between these two columns. I need to drag the text of the left column and drop it in the box. I am not allowed to write in the boxes. I need to drag and drop in those boxes. For this reason, I asked the steps to drag and drop. Anyway, I am sorry.


On Wed, Apr 20, 2022 at 6:54 AM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 08:26 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
I tend to agree with the both of you.  [Myself and Jackie]
-
I really, really have to give Gene huge credit here, too.  He's hit the nail on the head that, if you are able to state even reasonably clearly "the big picture" about what you hope to accomplish, you're likely to get a much better set of recommendations.  There are so very often multiple approaches to exactly the same problem, none of which are better than the others, but where one or more of those options will appeal far more than others do.  It's about what the person looking for help is comfortable with.  It's better to state what it is you're trying to accomplish and see what people have to say than pick a method when you really don't know whether that's The One, True Way.

Something else that occurs once you've been a teacher long enough, in the same arena, is that you develop a sort of sixth sense about what is really being asked about when the question itself, to the uninitiated, would not lead that way.  You'll occasionally, of course, be off base, but I'll never stop answering based upon my gut sense about what's really being asked for when it's clear that the question itself is kinda-sorta nebulous.

The whole process of assisting should be presumed to be a back and forth process.  Those with "the answers" most often don't have all of them, particularly at the outset, but will point in a direction and rely on the questioner to fill in additional information about whether that direction is working, or not working, as they're trying it.

A very great number of the questions that come up here that could not be answered in seconds with an archive or web search can and do take a lot of back and forth, stepwise refinement, from both/all sides as the process progresses.  There are certain very sweeping suggestions that can be made that play a part in that back and forth, but those may not be solutions, but steps that get information necessary to arrive at one.
 
I really hope that we hear back from Farhan about what it is he's trying to do so that all these potential assistants can give suggestions about how, exactly, he might go about doing it.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

You can't crush ideas by suppressing them. You can only crush them by ignoring them.
     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed


 

Farhan,

          Does learnwise.com have any sample tests that include the same task you're being asked to do?  It's way easier to see if there is a way to get drag and drop to work if there is a sample of the specific thing to play with.  If you're able to make inquiries, as I presume this is a membership-based site, as to whether any sample of this task that's able to be seen by the general public happens to exist that would be a great help to your potential helpers.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

You can't crush ideas by suppressing them. You can only crush them by ignoring them.
     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed


 

By the way, when I try to go to learnwise.com by clicking through on the link I'm getting a domain for sale page.  If I try entering it manually, with or without a www in front of it, I'm getting a "not connecting" error message.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

You can't crush ideas by suppressing them. You can only crush them by ignoring them.
     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed


Gene
 

The address of the site is not as written in the message. 
A google search shows that the site appears to be
https://learnwise.wfglobal.org/
We don't know that, however.  its a guess.

When people are asking about a page, will they please be on the page they are asking about, move to the address bar with control l or alt d, copy the address to the clipboard, and paste it into the message. 

Gene

On 4/20/2022 8:56 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
By the way, when I try to go to learnwise.com by clicking through on the link I'm getting a domain for sale page.  If I try entering it manually, with or without a www in front of it, I'm getting a "not connecting" error message.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044


 

Gene,  Thanks.  As I suspected, if this is the site, it's members only.

One of the biggest issues with discussing drag and drop in general is that there are multiple ways it can be implemented and that has a direct impact on how screen readers may (or may not) successfully interact with it via emulated drag and drop.

Here are several different example pages that use different methods for anyone who wishes to play with them to try:

https://mdn.github.io/dom-examples/drag-and-drop/copy-move-DataTransfer.html 

https://mdn.github.io/dom-examples/drag-and-drop/copy-move-DataTransferItemList.html 

https://park.glitch.me 

I have done zero accessibility testing with them, either.

The above pages are in no way comprehensive in that there are other methods to implement drag and drop.  And I have no idea how the site Farhan wishes to use has chosen to implement its own drag and drop functionality.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

You can't crush ideas by suppressing them. You can only crush them by ignoring them.
     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed


Jackie
 

Farhan, you didn't annoy anyone. It's just without additional
information, we can't help you as well as we might, that's all.

On 4/20/22, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
Gene,  Thanks.  As I suspected, if this is the site, it's members only.

One of the biggest issues with discussing drag and drop in general is that
there are multiple ways it can be implemented and that has a direct impact
on how screen readers may (or may not) successfully interact with it via
emulated drag and drop.

Here are several different example pages that use different methods for
anyone who wishes to play with them to try:

https://mdn.github.io/dom-examples/drag-and-drop/copy-move-DataTransfer.html

https://mdn.github.io/dom-examples/drag-and-drop/copy-move-DataTransferItemList.html

https://park.glitch.me

I have done zero accessibility testing with them, either.

The above pages are in no way comprehensive in that there are other methods
to implement drag and drop.  And I have no idea how the site Farhan wishes
to use has chosen to implement its own drag and drop functionality.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044

*You can't crush ideas by suppressing them. You can only crush them by
ignoring them.
* ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed





--
Subscribe to a WordPress for Newbies Mailing List by sending a message to:
wp4newbs-request@... with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by
visiting the list page at http://www.freelists.org/list/wp4newbs
& check out my sites at www.brightstarsweb.com & www.mysitesbeenhacked.com