From: "H l" <harmonyln7@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2022 9:31 AM
Subject: [nvda] Eloquence Add-on

Hey everyone,

Can I still get the eloquence add-on for NVDA ? I'm running the current
version but haven't seen eloquence for download for some time.

Thanks,

Harmony.

The two that I know of are the one from CodeFactory and the other from Tiflotecnia.

See: https://www.nvaccess.org/product/eloquence-and-vocalizer-expressive-add-on-for-nvda/  (CodeFactory)
and https://www.tiflotecnia.net/en/  (US representative, AT Guys, see here - UK and worldwide options on the previously referenced page).
--

Brian Virginia, USA  Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

         ~ Austin O'Malley

Joshua Hendrickson

How can someone like Quincy as a reading voice. He sounds horrible.

https://www.atguys.com/store/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=Eloquence
) - UK and worldwide options on the previously referenced page).
--

Brian - Virginia, USA - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

--
Joshua Hendrickson

Joshua Hendrickson

Rui Fontes

No, Tiflotecnia only sell the SAPI5 version of Eloquence.

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

On Thu, Sep 29, 2022 at 10:35 AM, Rui Fontes wrote:
No, Tiflotecnia only sell the SAPI5 version of Eloquence.
-
True.  But I presume anyone asking about Eloquence would like to know about both the Add-On option and the availability of the SAPI-5 option.  They can then make an informed choice about which route they wish to take.

Just because the original question asked about the add-on is not a good reason avoid discussing other alternatives that achieve the same ends.
--

On Thu, Sep 29, 2022 at 10:19 AM, Joshua Hendrickson wrote:
How can someone like Quincy as a reading voice. He sounds horrible.
-
Chacun à son goût  [Each to his or her own taste.]
--

Brian Virginia, USA  Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

         ~ Austin O'Malley

Sarah k Alawami

Yes, get it from AtGuys if you got your copy there, go to account and your products page.  Then go to your order number and look for downloads there.

Can I still get the eloquence add-on for NVDA ? I'm running the current version but haven't seen eloquence for download for some time.

Thanks,

Harmony.

H l

Hey Brial and others,

I'm using the sapi 5 voices right now, but I'm looking for the ETI eloquence like jaws has. Personally I would rather not use speech at all, but if I'm trying to play certain games or navigate quickly or do some other thing for which speech has a place (sort of), I want to get eloquence back for NVDA.

Harmony.

On Thu, Sep 29, 2022 at 11:15 AM, H l wrote:
but if I'm trying to play certain games or navigate quickly or do some other thing for which speech has a place (sort of), I want to get eloquence back for NVDA.
-
Well, then your option is CodeFactory and only CodeFactory if you must have the Add-On.  And I have no idea if anything about that Add-On may have changed since you last used it.
--

Brian Virginia, USA  Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

         ~ Austin O'Malley

Gene

The question is worded in such a way as to imply that you are using a SAPI5 synthesizer that isn't Eloquence.  You may want to use the SAPI 5 version of Eloquence instead of the add-on because you won't have any period of time, even if short, when it won't work when an add-on breaking version of NVDA comes out.  Also, you can use the SAPI version with any program that supports SAPI 5 synthesizers.  You can try a demo of the attachment as well as of the SAPI 5 version to see if there is any reason you prefer one over the other.

Gene

On 9/29/2022 10:15 AM, H l wrote:

[...]

well the best place to get eloquence and vocaliser for sapi and nvda is atguys.com.

At least they have good layouts and support.

On 29/09/2022 9:56 pm, Brian's Mail list account via groups.io wrote:
Well its not free,and I think two people sell it. I'm sure somebody will be along soon with the web addresses. I'm sure this info is or was on nvdas web site when I last looked. I cannot get on with that voice, maybe its because I'm English.
I use Quincy in Espeak and one of the newer voices from windows when reading documents.
Brian

Brian's Mail list account

Now this we don't want. We have been here before, Everyone has an opinion, and its their opinion.
I know a number of people who also like it, all are in the UK.
I find eloquence though capable of fast speeds also, to sound like it has an almost incomprehensible lisp making it hard to understand for me. That is just the way my ears and brain work. Certainly the default Espeak voice is to sing song to listen to for me also.

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

You never say what dialects you are discussing.  The American English speech is very good.  The British speech is poor.  It was obviously programmed by Americans and sounds like an American imitating a British accent and not doing so well.

What people like in synthesized speech differs widely, but as a matter of fact, not opinion, there is no lisp or speech defect in the American English Eloquence.  The British English does have a certain amount of a speech defect sound and I don't use it.  I like British accents and if the British English were good, I might use it off and on for variety.

Gene

On 9/30/2022 5:43 AM, Brian's Mail list account via groups.io wrote:
Now this we don't want. We have been here before, Everyone has an opinion, and its their opinion.
I know a number of people who also like it, all are in the UK.
I find eloquence though capable of fast speeds also, to sound like it has an almost incomprehensible lisp making it hard to understand for me. That is just the way my ears and brain work. Certainly the default Espeak voice is to sing song to listen to for me also.
Brian

jamie coady

I use the American English all the time. I have lived most of my life either in England or near it and yes the English voice is just not right. I am just too used to using jaws to really change to a different voice at this stage if I don’t have to. Hal but only had that for a short time before going to jaws 3 and been with jaws ever since but well use nvda as don’t always have the funds to keep buying jaws now.

Sent from Mail for Windows