emails with screen shots

kristy stichter

Hi all
just wondering whether there is a way of NVDA reading screen shots in
emails I am using the Gmail website with google chrome.

Kristy

Nimer Jaber

Hello Kristy,

just wondering whether there is a way of NVDA reading screen shots in
emails I am using the Gmail website with google chrome.
You can do a couple of things:
  • Make sure that Chrome's image description feature is turned on. This will allow images with text to be read out as you browse the web. To do this, press the applications key or shift+f10, and up arrow to the image descriptions. Press enter to turn it on, and confirm.
  • You can also use the NVDA OCR feature. This is a great feature for reading screenshots, but can also be used to read the content of an inaccessible app window, for example. To use this feature, simply press NVDA+r. Note that when I say the NVDA key, I am referring to the Insert key or the caps lock key if you have that enabled or are in Laptop keyboard layout mode.

Thanks, hope this helps.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

Thank you, and have a great day!

kristy stichter

it does thank you.

Hello Kristy,

On Sun, Oct 31, 2021 at 3:00 AM kristy stichter <kristystichter8@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi all
just wondering whether there is a way of NVDA reading screen shots in
emails I am using the Gmail website with google chrome.

Kristy

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for
Windows, visit nvaccess.org <http://www.nvda-project.org>

Thank you, and have a great day!