emoji question

JinYoun

Hi, how do you enter emojis? I tried  to do it today in an email using NVDA and it won't let me arrow through the options to choose one. Jumping around from focus and browse mode... Before when I tried this a while back, I didn't have an issue with choosing an emoji, but recently notice this happening and cannot enter emojis...
I bring up the emoji choices by pressing the windows key and . key.
This is on windows 10.
Thank you

Nothing has changed in regard to the emoji picker in recent updates to Windows.  This is likely either a Windows irregularity or NVDA irregularity on your machine.

The first thing I'd try is:  Using SFC (System File Checker) and DISM (Deployment Imaging Servicing and Management) to Repair Windows 8 & 10

If things don't return to normal after that, should then try: The Most Basic Troubleshooting Steps for Suspected NVDA Issues

Please report back on how events are progressing as you try these things.

      ~ Brian Vogel

Gene

I’d first try unloading and running NVDA again and then rebooting.  I’d then move on to your recommendation.

I’ve seen NVDA cause strange behaviors and JAWS too, which are generally corrected by unloading and then running them again and then, if that doesn’t work, rebooting.

Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2021 12:19 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] emoji question

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 01:27 PM, Gene wrote:
I’d first try unloading and running NVDA again and then rebooting.
-
I agree.  But I actually assume that anyone has done this already before asking.  Turn it off, and on again (regardless of how precisely one does that) is such a basic diagnostic step that it should be tried before even making a query, as it so often works.

      ~ Brian Vogel

JinYoun

Thank you for these tips, Will check out the troubleshooting steps and
try it out.
Cheers

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 01:27 PM, Gene wrote:

I’d first try unloading and running NVDA again and then rebooting.
-
I agree.  But I actually assume that anyone has done this already before
asking.  Turn it off, and on again (regardless of how precisely one does
that) is such a basic diagnostic step that it should be tried before even
making a query, as it so often works.

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.
The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression,
which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the
clearest indicator of who you are.

~ Brian Vogel