Topics

Error when using the latest NVDA Master with the Enhanced Mozilla Add-in

Bob Jutzi

Sorry if this was previously addressed, but when running both V1.10 of
the Mozilla Enhanced add-in and the latest NVDA Master, I am getting an
"error in app" when launching Thunderbird and Firefox.  I tried both V11
and the newest developer release of the add-in which result in the same
error.

Bob

Hi,
The app modules Mozilla Enhancements add-on relied on are now gone in NVDA alpha builds as part of a cleanup effort to remove outdated code in NVDA, as these app modules were used in the day when NVDA needed some workarounds to let users use Firefox and Thunderbird more effectively.
Cheers,
Joseph

Sorry if this was previously addressed, but when running both V1.10 of the Mozilla Enhanced add-in and the latest NVDA Master, I am getting an "error in app" when launching Thunderbird and Firefox. I tried both V11 and the newest developer release of the add-in which result in the same error.

Bob

Bob Jutzi

So how do we access those Windows 10 toasts which pop up when connecting drives as well as those Firefox pop-ups notifications?

On 8/4/2020 2:28 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
The app modules Mozilla Enhancements add-on relied on are now gone in NVDA alpha builds as part of a cleanup effort to remove outdated code in NVDA, as these app modules were used in the day when NVDA needed some workarounds to let users use Firefox and Thunderbird more effectively.
Cheers,
Joseph

Sorry if this was previously addressed, but when running both V1.10 of the Mozilla Enhanced add-in and the latest NVDA Master, I am getting an "error in app" when launching Thunderbird and Firefox. I tried both V11 and the newest developer release of the add-in which result in the same error.

Bob

Hi,
Those are two completely different things. I know that Firefox has a command to move focus to notifications, and for Windows 10 toasts, press Windows+Shift+V.
Cheers,
Joseph

Sorry if this was previously addressed, but when running both V1.10 of the Mozilla Enhanced add-in and the latest NVDA Master, I am getting an "error in app" when launching Thunderbird and Firefox. I tried both V11 and the newest developer release of the add-in which result in the same error.

Bob

Bob Jutzi

The Windows 10 toasts shortcut works but haven't found the one for Firefox notifications.