Topics

excel office365 with NVDA 2020.3 questions

Josh Kennedy

Hi

I was making a spreadsheet earlier and wanted to know the font and color of the cells. I am using a laptop. When I pressed capslock f, it just says no caret, it does not give me font and color and atribute information about the current cell or selected cells. How do I get this information on-demand with NVDA? Also I successfully moved a chart to a new worksheet. But how do I change the position of the chart’s labels so it prints better with the tiger addon for excel in combination with the braille buddy embosser? I just did a test with word, I can get font and color info just fine in word, not in excel though for some reason.

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Quentin Christensen

Hi Josh,

Retrieving formatting information is a bit of a bug in Excel currently.  To get the information for a given cell, press F2 to edit, then left arrow to move into the contents of the cell itself, THEN press NVDA+f to read the formatting information.

I must admit I haven't played much with charts since I wrote the Microsoft Excel with NVDA material (available from https://www.nvaccess.org/product/microsoft-excel-training-for-nvda-ebook/ ).  Just having a quick look through that module, I covered how to create and read charts, but not in-depth how to move chart elements around.

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager