Topics

locked Exporting bookmarks to a file?

MAX <max@...>
 

I have been admonished to ask before complaining. So here goes. Is there
any way to export bookmarks to an html file in Firefox? This is possible
in internet explorer and I have gotten in the habit of using it. I have
the latest versions of windows 10 and Firefox.


73 (Regards).

Max. K 4 O DS.

I've Never Lost the Wonder.

Email: max@...

Vacuum Tube Site: http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/
Transistor site: http://www.angelfire.com/planet/funwithtransistors/
Woodworking site:
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/Woodworking/wwindex.html
Music site: http://www.maxsmusicplace.com

To subscribe to the fun with transistors group send an email to.
Funwithtransistors+subscribe@groups.io

To subscribe to the fun with tubes group send an email to,
funwithtubes+subscribe@groups.io

To subscribe to the fun with wood group send a blank email to
funwithwood+subscribe@groups.io

Jackie
 

Press ctrl shift b to show all bookmarks.
Press ctrl a to select all.
Press alt i, then return to choose backup.
Pick a filename, a folder to save, & you're golden.

On 2/10/19, MAX <max@...> wrote:
I have been admonished to ask before complaining. So here goes. Is there
any way to export bookmarks to an html file in Firefox? This is possible
in internet explorer and I have gotten in the habit of using it. I have
the latest versions of windows 10 and Firefox.


73 (Regards).

Max. K 4 O DS.

I've Never Lost the Wonder.

Email: max@...

Vacuum Tube Site: http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/
Transistor site: http://www.angelfire.com/planet/funwithtransistors/
Woodworking site:
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/Woodworking/wwindex.html
Music site: http://www.maxsmusicplace.com

To subscribe to the fun with transistors group send an email to.
Funwithtransistors+subscribe@groups.io

To subscribe to the fun with tubes group send an email to,
funwithtubes+subscribe@groups.io

To subscribe to the fun with wood group send a blank email to
funwithwood+subscribe@groups.io






--
Subscribe to a WordPress for Newbies Mailing List by sending a message to:
wp4newbs-request@... with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by
visiting the list page at http://www.freelists.org/list/wp4newbs
& check out my sites at www.brighter-vision.com & www.mysitesbeenhacked.com

 

On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 07:46 PM, MAX wrote:
Is thereany way to export bookmarks to an html file in Firefox?
Yes.  

1. Hit CTRL+SHIFT+B to bring up the Bookmarks Manager
2. Hit ALT+I,E, a few seconds after which an Export Bookmarks to a File dialog appears allowing you to name the file, if you want other than bookmarks.html, and to navigate to wherever you wish to save it.

This method exports all your bookmarks, with their folder hierarchy preserved, for backup or import into another web browser.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

 

 

Gene
 

I'll answer your question below.  But first, I'll make this comment:
I didn't admonish you.  You are referring to my messages in which I said that if you ask before assuming something can't be done, you may save yourself a good deal of time and trouble.  You may also find that you can use programs you didn't think you could.  Admonish means to warn, as in there will be punishment if you don't do something.  I didn't do that. 
 
As for the answer to your question, do the following:
In Firefox, use the command control shift b to open the all bookmarks window.  You will hear that you are in the library.
Open the menus with alt.  They are different menus than in the main part of the program. 
Right arrow to import and backup.
Down arrow until you get to export bookmarks as html.  Press enter and follow the wizard.  It is similar to exporting book marks in Internet Explorer. 
After you finish exporting, if you want to return to the main program, close the window with alt f4.  You opened a second window when you used control shift b.  Ask if you have problems.
 
Gene

From: MAX
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 6:46 PM
To: NVDA
Subject: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?

I have been admonished to ask before complaining.  So here goes.  Is there
any way to export bookmarks to an html file in Firefox?  This is possible
in internet explorer and I have gotten in the habit of using it.  I have
the latest versions of windows 10 and Firefox.


73 (Regards).

Max.  K 4 O DS.

I've Never Lost the Wonder.

Email: max@...

Vacuum Tube  Site: http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/
Transistor site: http://www.angelfire.com/planet/funwithtransistors/
Woodworking site:
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/Woodworking/wwindex.html
Music site: http://www.maxsmusicplace.com

To subscribe to the fun with transistors group send an email to.
Funwithtransistors+subscribe@groups.io

To subscribe to the fun with tubes group send an email to,
funwithtubes+subscribe@groups.io

To subscribe to the fun with wood group send a blank email to
funwithwood+subscribe@groups.io




David Goldfield
 

Gene,

To admonish means to warn or to reprimand firmly. This most recent message definitely sounds like a reprimand to me and it's not the first message you've written where you have displayed a patronizing, condescending tone. When people tell you this you insist that you are right and that they are wrong and not seeing things clearly or that, in this case, they're not defining terms based on your own dictionary definition. No doubt you will be tempted to spend the next five or ten minutes firing off a response indicating why I, in fact, am wrong and why you are totally justified in your behavior. Please don't bother because I won't read it. Mailing lists should be a safe haven for people to ask any question they might have and know that they will receive a charitable response. At times you give mailing lists like this a bad name and I'm frankly sick of it. When someone asks a question it doesn't matter what they may or may not assume. If they knew everything they wouldn't be asking questions on this list. Why not use your knowledge to just provide a charitable response rather than reprimanding and chastising them.


David Goldfield, Assistive Technology Specialist WWW.David-Goldfield.Com

On 2/10/2019 8:43 PM, Gene wrote:
I'll answer your question below.  But first, I'll make this comment:
I didn't admonish you.  You are referring to my messages in which I said that if you ask before assuming something can't be done, you may save yourself a good deal of time and trouble.  You may also find that you can use programs you didn't think you could.  Admonish means to warn, as in there will be punishment if you don't do something.  I didn't do that. 
 
As for the answer to your question, do the following:
In Firefox, use the command control shift b to open the all bookmarks window.  You will hear that you are in the library.
Open the menus with alt.  They are different menus than in the main part of the program. 
Right arrow to import and backup.
Down arrow until you get to export bookmarks as html.  Press enter and follow the wizard.  It is similar to exporting book marks in Internet Explorer. 
After you finish exporting, if you want to return to the main program, close the window with alt f4.  You opened a second window when you used control shift b.  Ask if you have problems.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: MAX
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 6:46 PM
To: NVDA
Subject: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?

I have been admonished to ask before complaining.  So here goes.  Is there
any way to export bookmarks to an html file in Firefox?  This is possible
in internet explorer and I have gotten in the habit of using it.  I have
the latest versions of windows 10 and Firefox.


73 (Regards).

Max.  K 4 O DS.

I've Never Lost the Wonder.

Email: max@...

Vacuum Tube  Site: http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/
Transistor site: http://www.angelfire.com/planet/funwithtransistors/
Woodworking site:
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/Woodworking/wwindex.html
Music site: http://www.maxsmusicplace.com

To subscribe to the fun with transistors group send an email to.
Funwithtransistors+subscribe@groups.io

To subscribe to the fun with tubes group send an email to,
funwithtubes+subscribe@groups.io

To subscribe to the fun with wood group send a blank email to
funwithwood+subscribe@groups.io




MAX <max@...>
 

Thank you Jackie and Brian.  You people are really good.

 

 

73 (Regards).

 

Max K 4 O D S.

 

I've Never Lost the Wonder.

 

Antique Electronics Site: http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/

 

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 7:29 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?

 

On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 07:46 PM, MAX wrote:

Is thereany way to export bookmarks to an html file in Firefox?

Yes.  

1. Hit CTRL+SHIFT+B to bring up the Bookmarks Manager
2. Hit ALT+I,E, a few seconds after which an Export Bookmarks to a File dialog appears allowing you to name the file, if you want other than bookmarks.html, and to navigate to wherever you wish to save it.

This method exports all your bookmarks, with their folder hierarchy preserved, for backup or import into another web browser.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

 

 

Gene
 

I'm sorry, but do you remember the previous correspondence?  I didn't admonish in the first two messages.  I said that if you ask and don't assume that something can't be done, you may save yourself a lot of problems. I said this twice because the first time I did so, Max misunderstood my intent and said something about my tone and I explained what I said in my second message and the intent.  I wasn't the least bit critical.  I said it because Max made many statements about what Firefox can't do and I was making the point that people shouldn't assume that something can't be done if they can't figure out how to do it.
 
This message, the third, stated a fact.  I didn't admonish in the first or second message.  I again explained what I said and why it wasn't an admonishment.  
 
If you disagree, you may discuss your disagreement further.  if you want to suggest how I might have written it, I'll consider your example.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 8:30 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?

Gene,

To admonish means to warn or to reprimand firmly. This most recent message definitely sounds like a reprimand to me and it's not the first message you've written where you have displayed a patronizing, condescending tone. When people tell you this you insist that you are right and that they are wrong and not seeing things clearly or that, in this case, they're not defining terms based on your own dictionary definition. No doubt you will be tempted to spend the next five or ten minutes firing off a response indicating why I, in fact, am wrong and why you are totally justified in your behavior. Please don't bother because I won't read it. Mailing lists should be a safe haven for people to ask any question they might have and know that they will receive a charitable response. At times you give mailing lists like this a bad name and I'm frankly sick of it. When someone asks a question it doesn't matter what they may or may not assume. If they knew everything they wouldn't be asking questions on this list. Why not use your knowledge to just provide a charitable response rather than reprimanding and chastising them.


David Goldfield, Assistive Technology Specialist WWW.David-Goldfield.Com
On 2/10/2019 8:43 PM, Gene wrote:
I'll answer your question below.  But first, I'll make this comment:
I didn't admonish you.  You are referring to my messages in which I said that if you ask before assuming something can't be done, you may save yourself a good deal of time and trouble.  You may also find that you can use programs you didn't think you could.  Admonish means to warn, as in there will be punishment if you don't do something.  I didn't do that. 
 
As for the answer to your question, do the following:
In Firefox, use the command control shift b to open the all bookmarks window.  You will hear that you are in the library.
Open the menus with alt.  They are different menus than in the main part of the program. 
Right arrow to import and backup.
Down arrow until you get to export bookmarks as html.  Press enter and follow the wizard.  It is similar to exporting book marks in Internet Explorer. 
After you finish exporting, if you want to return to the main program, close the window with alt f4.  You opened a second window when you used control shift b.  Ask if you have problems.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: MAX
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 6:46 PM
To: NVDA
Subject: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?

I have been admonished to ask before complaining.  So here goes.  Is there
any way to export bookmarks to an html file in Firefox?  This is possible
in internet explorer and I have gotten in the habit of using it.  I have
the latest versions of windows 10 and Firefox.


73 (Regards).

Max.  K 4 O DS.

I've Never Lost the Wonder.

Email: max@...

Vacuum Tube  Site: http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/
Transistor site: http://www.angelfire.com/planet/funwithtransistors/
Woodworking site:
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/Woodworking/wwindex.html
Music site: http://www.maxsmusicplace.com

To subscribe to the fun with transistors group send an email to.
Funwithtransistors+subscribe@groups.io

To subscribe to the fun with tubes group send an email to,
funwithtubes+subscribe@groups.io

To subscribe to the fun with wood group send a blank email to
funwithwood+subscribe@groups.io




Gene
 

Mature?  You attack me vitriolically on list, you don't even bother to write with your vitriol off list to the owner's address, then you say you won't read my response.  Mature?  Any sense of fairness?  I think not.  If you can be civil and read my response and reply, fine.  But it appears that you did exactly what you accuse me of doing.  Not even being willing to consider what I have to say.  You made up your mind and that's it.  If you attack me on list, I'll respond because I want to answer what you say because who knows how many others read your vicious attack.  But I won't respond for you since you won't read my responses anyway. 
Its clear that you only want to attack, not have any discussion.  If you change your mind, I'll discuss the matter with you.  I don't hold grudges and if someone attacks me and then wants to discuss it, I'll do so.  I try to address misunderstandings and complaints. 
Gene ----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 10:09 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?

I'm sorry, but do you remember the previous correspondence?  I didn't admonish in the first two messages.  I said that if you ask and don't assume that something can't be done, you may save yourself a lot of problems. I said this twice because the first time I did so, Max misunderstood my intent and said something about my tone and I explained what I said in my second message and the intent.  I wasn't the least bit critical.  I said it because Max made many statements about what Firefox can't do and I was making the point that people shouldn't assume that something can't be done if they can't figure out how to do it.
 
This message, the third, stated a fact.  I didn't admonish in the first or second message.  I again explained what I said and why it wasn't an admonishment.  
 
If you disagree, you may discuss your disagreement further.  if you want to suggest how I might have written it, I'll consider your example.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 8:30 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?

Gene,

To admonish means to warn or to reprimand firmly. This most recent message definitely sounds like a reprimand to me and it's not the first message you've written where you have displayed a patronizing, condescending tone. When people tell you this you insist that you are right and that they are wrong and not seeing things clearly or that, in this case, they're not defining terms based on your own dictionary definition. No doubt you will be tempted to spend the next five or ten minutes firing off a response indicating why I, in fact, am wrong and why you are totally justified in your behavior. Please don't bother because I won't read it. Mailing lists should be a safe haven for people to ask any question they might have and know that they will receive a charitable response. At times you give mailing lists like this a bad name and I'm frankly sick of it. When someone asks a question it doesn't matter what they may or may not assume. If they knew everything they wouldn't be asking questions on this list. Why not use your knowledge to just provide a charitable response rather than reprimanding and chastising them.


David Goldfield, Assistive Technology Specialist WWW.David-Goldfield.Com
On 2/10/2019 8:43 PM, Gene wrote:
I'll answer your question below.  But first, I'll make this comment:
I didn't admonish you.  You are referring to my messages in which I said that if you ask before assuming something can't be done, you may save yourself a good deal of time and trouble.  You may also find that you can use programs you didn't think you could.  Admonish means to warn, as in there will be punishment if you don't do something.  I didn't do that. 
 
As for the answer to your question, do the following:
In Firefox, use the command control shift b to open the all bookmarks window.  You will hear that you are in the library.
Open the menus with alt.  They are different menus than in the main part of the program. 
Right arrow to import and backup.
Down arrow until you get to export bookmarks as html.  Press enter and follow the wizard.  It is similar to exporting book marks in Internet Explorer. 
After you finish exporting, if you want to return to the main program, close the window with alt f4.  You opened a second window when you used control shift b.  Ask if you have problems.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: MAX
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 6:46 PM
To: NVDA
Subject: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?

I have been admonished to ask before complaining.  So here goes.  Is there
any way to export bookmarks to an html file in Firefox?  This is possible
in internet explorer and I have gotten in the habit of using it.  I have
the latest versions of windows 10 and Firefox.


73 (Regards).

Max.  K 4 O DS.

I've Never Lost the Wonder.

Email: max@...

Vacuum Tube  Site: http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/
Transistor site: http://www.angelfire.com/planet/funwithtransistors/
Woodworking site:
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/Woodworking/wwindex.html
Music site: http://www.maxsmusicplace.com

To subscribe to the fun with transistors group send an email to.
Funwithtransistors+subscribe@groups.io

To subscribe to the fun with tubes group send an email to,
funwithtubes+subscribe@groups.io

To subscribe to the fun with wood group send a blank email to
funwithwood+subscribe@groups.io




Gene
 

And for the record, here is an excerpt of my second message.  Those who read it can determine if there is anything objectionable.  Those who wish to comment or discuss the matter further may write to me at
gsasner@... or at the owner's address in every message footer.
 
Here is the brief excerpt:
I'm sorry you misinterpreted my comment.  I'm saying that you assumed you couldn't manage book marks.  Instead of assuming, if you ask here or use some sort of documentation or instructional material, you will save yourself time and trouble, perhaps a lot. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----

From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 10:27 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?

Mature?  You attack me vitriolically on list, you don't even bother to write with your vitriol off list to the owner's address, then you say you won't read my response.  Mature?  Any sense of fairness?  I think not.  If you can be civil and read my response and reply, fine.  But it appears that you did exactly what you accuse me of doing.  Not even being willing to consider what I have to say.  You made up your mind and that's it.  If you attack me on list, I'll respond because I want to answer what you say because who knows how many others read your vicious attack.  But I won't respond for you since you won't read my responses anyway. 
Its clear that you only want to attack, not have any discussion.  If you change your mind, I'll discuss the matter with you.  I don't hold grudges and if someone attacks me and then wants to discuss it, I'll do so.  I try to address misunderstandings and complaints. 
Gene ----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 10:09 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?

I'm sorry, but do you remember the previous correspondence?  I didn't admonish in the first two messages.  I said that if you ask and don't assume that something can't be done, you may save yourself a lot of problems. I said this twice because the first time I did so, Max misunderstood my intent and said something about my tone and I explained what I said in my second message and the intent.  I wasn't the least bit critical.  I said it because Max made many statements about what Firefox can't do and I was making the point that people shouldn't assume that something can't be done if they can't figure out how to do it.
 
This message, the third, stated a fact.  I didn't admonish in the first or second message.  I again explained what I said and why it wasn't an admonishment.  
 
If you disagree, you may discuss your disagreement further.  if you want to suggest how I might have written it, I'll consider your example.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 8:30 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?

Gene,

To admonish means to warn or to reprimand firmly. This most recent message definitely sounds like a reprimand to me and it's not the first message you've written where you have displayed a patronizing, condescending tone. When people tell you this you insist that you are right and that they are wrong and not seeing things clearly or that, in this case, they're not defining terms based on your own dictionary definition. No doubt you will be tempted to spend the next five or ten minutes firing off a response indicating why I, in fact, am wrong and why you are totally justified in your behavior. Please don't bother because I won't read it. Mailing lists should be a safe haven for people to ask any question they might have and know that they will receive a charitable response. At times you give mailing lists like this a bad name and I'm frankly sick of it. When someone asks a question it doesn't matter what they may or may not assume. If they knew everything they wouldn't be asking questions on this list. Why not use your knowledge to just provide a charitable response rather than reprimanding and chastising them.


David Goldfield, Assistive Technology Specialist WWW.David-Goldfield.Com
On 2/10/2019 8:43 PM, Gene wrote:
I'll answer your question below.  But first, I'll make this comment:
I didn't admonish you.  You are referring to my messages in which I said that if you ask before assuming something can't be done, you may save yourself a good deal of time and trouble.  You may also find that you can use programs you didn't think you could.  Admonish means to warn, as in there will be punishment if you don't do something.  I didn't do that. 
 
As for the answer to your question, do the following:
In Firefox, use the command control shift b to open the all bookmarks window.  You will hear that you are in the library.
Open the menus with alt.  They are different menus than in the main part of the program. 
Right arrow to import and backup.
Down arrow until you get to export bookmarks as html.  Press enter and follow the wizard.  It is similar to exporting book marks in Internet Explorer. 
After you finish exporting, if you want to return to the main program, close the window with alt f4.  You opened a second window when you used control shift b.  Ask if you have problems.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: MAX
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 6:46 PM
To: NVDA
Subject: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?

I have been admonished to ask before complaining.  So here goes.  Is there
any way to export bookmarks to an html file in Firefox?  This is possible
in internet explorer and I have gotten in the habit of using it.  I have
the latest versions of windows 10 and Firefox.


73 (Regards).

Max.  K 4 O DS.

I've Never Lost the Wonder.

Email: max@...

Vacuum Tube  Site: http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/
Transistor site: http://www.angelfire.com/planet/funwithtransistors/
Woodworking site:
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/Woodworking/wwindex.html
Music site: http://www.maxsmusicplace.com

To subscribe to the fun with transistors group send an email to.
Funwithtransistors+subscribe@groups.io

To subscribe to the fun with tubes group send an email to,
funwithtubes+subscribe@groups.io

To subscribe to the fun with wood group send a blank email to
funwithwood+subscribe@groups.io




Dale Leavens
 

Gene,

You just can’t let it go can you?

There are two or three names which generate most of the traffic on this list which might be fine except that so often the noise does nothing to advance the topics or contribute understanding.

I understand why it can be difficult not to take things personally but sometimes it is much better to take the high road and just let it go.

I will risk flaming by further suggesting to the list at large that it is not necessary to shoot off several messages on the same subject for every subject.  Why for example do so many people care just which voice one uses.

I had home made meat pie for supper.

So what?It does not contribute to the use of or understanding of the functions of NVDA.

If Microsoft doesn’t want you to use Internet Explorer then don’t use it or continue at your own risk.  How many messages do we need.

Yes and I do know how to use the delete function but I am not sure I want to become tangled up in NVDA if this is the standard of assistance...
Good night.

Dale Leavens

On Feb 10, 2019, at 11:58 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

And for the record, here is an excerpt of my second message.  Those who read it can determine if there is anything objectionable.  Those who wish to comment or discuss the matter further may write to me at
gsasner@... or at the owner's address in every message footer.
 
Here is the brief excerpt:
I'm sorry you misinterpreted my comment.  I'm saying that you assumed you couldn't manage book marks.  Instead of assuming, if you ask here or use some sort of documentation or instructional material, you will save yourself time and trouble, perhaps a lot. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----

From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 10:27 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?

Mature?  You attack me vitriolically on list, you don't even bother to write with your vitriol off list to the owner's address, then you say you won't read my response.  Mature?  Any sense of fairness?  I think not.  If you can be civil and read my response and reply, fine.  But it appears that you did exactly what you accuse me of doing.  Not even being willing to consider what I have to say.  You made up your mind and that's it.  If you attack me on list, I'll respond because I want to answer what you say because who knows how many others read your vicious attack.  But I won't respond for you since you won't read my responses anyway. 
Its clear that you only want to attack, not have any discussion.  If you change your mind, I'll discuss the matter with you.  I don't hold grudges and if someone attacks me and then wants to discuss it, I'll do so.  I try to address misunderstandings and complaints. 
Gene ----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 10:09 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?

I'm sorry, but do you remember the previous correspondence?  I didn't admonish in the first two messages.  I said that if you ask and don't assume that something can't be done, you may save yourself a lot of problems. I said this twice because the first time I did so, Max misunderstood my intent and said something about my tone and I explained what I said in my second message and the intent.  I wasn't the least bit critical.  I said it because Max made many statements about what Firefox can't do and I was making the point that people shouldn't assume that something can't be done if they can't figure out how to do it.
 
This message, the third, stated a fact.  I didn't admonish in the first or second message.  I again explained what I said and why it wasn't an admonishment.  
 
If you disagree, you may discuss your disagreement further.  if you want to suggest how I might have written it, I'll consider your example.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 8:30 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?

Gene,

To admonish means to warn or to reprimand firmly. This most recent message definitely sounds like a reprimand to me and it's not the first message you've written where you have displayed a patronizing, condescending tone. When people tell you this you insist that you are right and that they are wrong and not seeing things clearly or that, in this case, they're not defining terms based on your own dictionary definition. No doubt you will be tempted to spend the next five or ten minutes firing off a response indicating why I, in fact, am wrong and why you are totally justified in your behavior. Please don't bother because I won't read it. Mailing lists should be a safe haven for people to ask any question they might have and know that they will receive a charitable response. At times you give mailing lists like this a bad name and I'm frankly sick of it. When someone asks a question it doesn't matter what they may or may not assume. If they knew everything they wouldn't be asking questions on this list. Why not use your knowledge to just provide a charitable response rather than reprimanding and chastising them.


David Goldfield, Assistive Technology Specialist WWW.David-Goldfield.Com
On 2/10/2019 8:43 PM, Gene wrote:
I'll answer your question below.  But first, I'll make this comment:
I didn't admonish you.  You are referring to my messages in which I said that if you ask before assuming something can't be done, you may save yourself a good deal of time and trouble.  You may also find that you can use programs you didn't think you could.  Admonish means to warn, as in there will be punishment if you don't do something.  I didn't do that. 
 
As for the answer to your question, do the following:
In Firefox, use the command control shift b to open the all bookmarks window.  You will hear that you are in the library.
Open the menus with alt.  They are different menus than in the main part of the program. 
Right arrow to import and backup.
Down arrow until you get to export bookmarks as html.  Press enter and follow the wizard.  It is similar to exporting book marks in Internet Explorer. 
After you finish exporting, if you want to return to the main program, close the window with alt f4.  You opened a second window when you used control shift b.  Ask if you have problems.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: MAX
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 6:46 PM
To: NVDA
Subject: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?

I have been admonished to ask before complaining.  So here goes.  Is there
any way to export bookmarks to an html file in Firefox?  This is possible
in internet explorer and I have gotten in the habit of using it.  I have
the latest versions of windows 10 and Firefox.


73 (Regards).

Max.  K 4 O DS.

I've Never Lost the Wonder.

Email: max@...

Vacuum Tube  Site: http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/
Transistor site: http://www.angelfire.com/planet/funwithtransistors/
Woodworking site:
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/Woodworking/wwindex.html
Music site: http://www.maxsmusicplace.com

To subscribe to the fun with transistors group send an email to.
Funwithtransistors+subscribe@groups.io

To subscribe to the fun with tubes group send an email to,
funwithtubes+subscribe@groups.io

To subscribe to the fun with wood group send a blank email to
funwithwood+subscribe@groups.io




Gary Greico
 

Grow up boys.


On 11-Feb-19 12:16 AM, Dale Leavens wrote:
Gene,

You just can’t let it go can you?

There are two or three names which generate most of the traffic on this list which might be fine except that so often the noise does nothing to advance the topics or contribute understanding.

I understand why it can be difficult not to take things personally but sometimes it is much better to take the high road and just let it go.

I will risk flaming by further suggesting to the list at large that it is not necessary to shoot off several messages on the same subject for every subject.  Why for example do so many people care just which voice one uses.

I had home made meat pie for supper.

So what?It does not contribute to the use of or understanding of the functions of NVDA.

If Microsoft doesn’t want you to use Internet Explorer then don’t use it or continue at your own risk.  How many messages do we need.

Yes and I do know how to use the delete function but I am not sure I want to become tangled up in NVDA if this is the standard of assistance...
Good night.

Dale Leavens

On Feb 10, 2019, at 11:58 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

And for the record, here is an excerpt of my second message.  Those who read it can determine if there is anything objectionable.  Those who wish to comment or discuss the matter further may write to me at
gsasner@... or at the owner's address in every message footer.
 
Here is the brief excerpt:
I'm sorry you misinterpreted my comment.  I'm saying that you assumed you couldn't manage book marks.  Instead of assuming, if you ask here or use some sort of documentation or instructional material, you will save yourself time and trouble, perhaps a lot. 
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----

From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 10:27 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?

Mature?  You attack me vitriolically on list, you don't even bother to write with your vitriol off list to the owner's address, then you say you won't read my response.  Mature?  Any sense of fairness?  I think not.  If you can be civil and read my response and reply, fine.  But it appears that you did exactly what you accuse me of doing.  Not even being willing to consider what I have to say.  You made up your mind and that's it.  If you attack me on list, I'll respond because I want to answer what you say because who knows how many others read your vicious attack.  But I won't respond for you since you won't read my responses anyway. 
Its clear that you only want to attack, not have any discussion.  If you change your mind, I'll discuss the matter with you.  I don't hold grudges and if someone attacks me and then wants to discuss it, I'll do so.  I try to address misunderstandings and complaints. 
Gene ----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 10:09 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?

I'm sorry, but do you remember the previous correspondence?  I didn't admonish in the first two messages.  I said that if you ask and don't assume that something can't be done, you may save yourself a lot of problems. I said this twice because the first time I did so, Max misunderstood my intent and said something about my tone and I explained what I said in my second message and the intent.  I wasn't the least bit critical.  I said it because Max made many statements about what Firefox can't do and I was making the point that people shouldn't assume that something can't be done if they can't figure out how to do it.
 
This message, the third, stated a fact.  I didn't admonish in the first or second message.  I again explained what I said and why it wasn't an admonishment.  
 
If you disagree, you may discuss your disagreement further.  if you want to suggest how I might have written it, I'll consider your example.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 8:30 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?

Gene,

To admonish means to warn or to reprimand firmly. This most recent message definitely sounds like a reprimand to me and it's not the first message you've written where you have displayed a patronizing, condescending tone. When people tell you this you insist that you are right and that they are wrong and not seeing things clearly or that, in this case, they're not defining terms based on your own dictionary definition. No doubt you will be tempted to spend the next five or ten minutes firing off a response indicating why I, in fact, am wrong and why you are totally justified in your behavior. Please don't bother because I won't read it. Mailing lists should be a safe haven for people to ask any question they might have and know that they will receive a charitable response. At times you give mailing lists like this a bad name and I'm frankly sick of it. When someone asks a question it doesn't matter what they may or may not assume. If they knew everything they wouldn't be asking questions on this list. Why not use your knowledge to just provide a charitable response rather than reprimanding and chastising them.


David Goldfield, Assistive Technology Specialist WWW.David-Goldfield.Com
On 2/10/2019 8:43 PM, Gene wrote:
I'll answer your question below.  But first, I'll make this comment:
I didn't admonish you.  You are referring to my messages in which I said that if you ask before assuming something can't be done, you may save yourself a good deal of time and trouble.  You may also find that you can use programs you didn't think you could.  Admonish means to warn, as in there will be punishment if you don't do something.  I didn't do that. 
 
As for the answer to your question, do the following:
In Firefox, use the command control shift b to open the all bookmarks window.  You will hear that you are in the library.
Open the menus with alt.  They are different menus than in the main part of the program. 
Right arrow to import and backup.
Down arrow until you get to export bookmarks as html.  Press enter and follow the wizard.  It is similar to exporting book marks in Internet Explorer. 
After you finish exporting, if you want to return to the main program, close the window with alt f4.  You opened a second window when you used control shift b.  Ask if you have problems.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: MAX
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 6:46 PM
To: NVDA
Subject: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?

I have been admonished to ask before complaining.  So here goes.  Is there
any way to export bookmarks to an html file in Firefox?  This is possible
in internet explorer and I have gotten in the habit of using it.  I have
the latest versions of windows 10 and Firefox.


73 (Regards).

Max.  K 4 O DS.

I've Never Lost the Wonder.

Email: max@...

Vacuum Tube  Site: http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/
Transistor site: http://www.angelfire.com/planet/funwithtransistors/
Woodworking site:
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/Woodworking/wwindex.html
Music site: http://www.maxsmusicplace.com

To subscribe to the fun with transistors group send an email to.
Funwithtransistors+subscribe@groups.io

To subscribe to the fun with tubes group send an email to,
funwithtubes+subscribe@groups.io

To subscribe to the fun with wood group send a blank email to
funwithwood+subscribe@groups.io




Lino Morales
 

David. You’ve said sir what I’ve and possibly others have been feeling for several months now and I thank you. With that being said With Nimar Jabar’s blessing which I doubt he’ll give I propose that Gene be removed as list moderator. I’ve been wanting to say this for a very long time and as Casey Casum used to say “and their you have it”. Time to recuse yourself Geno.

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of David Goldfield <david.goldfield@...>
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 9:30:28 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?
 

Gene,

To admonish means to warn or to reprimand firmly. This most recent message definitely sounds like a reprimand to me and it's not the first message you've written where you have displayed a patronizing, condescending tone. When people tell you this you insist that you are right and that they are wrong and not seeing things clearly or that, in this case, they're not defining terms based on your own dictionary definition. No doubt you will be tempted to spend the next five or ten minutes firing off a response indicating why I, in fact, am wrong and why you are totally justified in your behavior. Please don't bother because I won't read it. Mailing lists should be a safe haven for people to ask any question they might have and know that they will receive a charitable response. At times you give mailing lists like this a bad name and I'm frankly sick of it. When someone asks a question it doesn't matter what they may or may not assume. If they knew everything they wouldn't be asking questions on this list. Why not use your knowledge to just provide a charitable response rather than reprimanding and chastising them.


David Goldfield, Assistive Technology Specialist WWW.David-Goldfield.Com
On 2/10/2019 8:43 PM, Gene wrote:
I'll answer your question below.  But first, I'll make this comment:
I didn't admonish you.  You are referring to my messages in which I said that if you ask before assuming something can't be done, you may save yourself a good deal of time and trouble.  You may also find that you can use programs you didn't think you could.  Admonish means to warn, as in there will be punishment if you don't do something.  I didn't do that. 
 
As for the answer to your question, do the following:
In Firefox, use the command control shift b to open the all bookmarks window.  You will hear that you are in the library.
Open the menus with alt.  They are different menus than in the main part of the program. 
Right arrow to import and backup.
Down arrow until you get to export bookmarks as html.  Press enter and follow the wizard.  It is similar to exporting book marks in Internet Explorer. 
After you finish exporting, if you want to return to the main program, close the window with alt f4.  You opened a second window when you used control shift b.  Ask if you have problems.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: MAX
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 6:46 PM
To: NVDA
Subject: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?

I have been admonished to ask before complaining.  So here goes.  Is there
any way to export bookmarks to an html file in Firefox?  This is possible
in internet explorer and I have gotten in the habit of using it.  I have
the latest versions of windows 10 and Firefox.


73 (Regards).

Max.  K 4 O DS.

I've Never Lost the Wonder.

Email: max@...

Vacuum Tube  Site: http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/
Transistor site: http://www.angelfire.com/planet/funwithtransistors/
Woodworking site:
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/Woodworking/wwindex.html
Music site: http://www.maxsmusicplace.com

To subscribe to the fun with transistors group send an email to.
Funwithtransistors+subscribe@groups.io

To subscribe to the fun with tubes group send an email to,
funwithtubes+subscribe@groups.io

To subscribe to the fun with wood group send a blank email to
funwithwood+subscribe@groups.io




Sarah k Alawami
 

Even though I've ben quiet for about 2 years about this matter I second that motion. No further discussion is needed, 3 to 0 in favor? Yeah. I'd say to kick him out. I'm not normally this harsh, but this has ben grating on my nervs for the 2 or so years I've ben on his list.

Take care

On 11 Feb 2019, at 7:36, Lino Morales wrote:

David. You’ve said sir what I’ve and possibly others have been feeling for several months now and I thank you. With that being said With Nimar Jabar’s blessing which I doubt he’ll give I propose that Gene be removed as list moderator. I’ve been wanting to say this for a very long time and as Casey Casum used to say “and their you have it”. Time to recuse yourself Geno.

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of David Goldfield <david.goldfield@...>
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 9:30:28 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?
 

Gene,

To admonish means to warn or to reprimand firmly. This most recent message definitely sounds like a reprimand to me and it's not the first message you've written where you have displayed a patronizing, condescending tone. When people tell you this you insist that you are right and that they are wrong and not seeing things clearly or that, in this case, they're not defining terms based on your own dictionary definition. No doubt you will be tempted to spend the next five or ten minutes firing off a response indicating why I, in fact, am wrong and why you are totally justified in your behavior. Please don't bother because I won't read it. Mailing lists should be a safe haven for people to ask any question they might have and know that they will receive a charitable response. At times you give mailing lists like this a bad name and I'm frankly sick of it. When someone asks a question it doesn't matter what they may or may not assume. If they knew everything they wouldn't be asking questions on this list. Why not use your knowledge to just provide a charitable response rather than reprimanding and chastising them.


David Goldfield, Assistive Technology Specialist WWW.David-Goldfield.Com
On 2/10/2019 8:43 PM, Gene wrote:
I'll answer your question below.  But first, I'll make this comment:
I didn't admonish you.  You are referring to my messages in which I said that if you ask before assuming something can't be done, you may save yourself a good deal of time and trouble.  You may also find that you can use programs you didn't think you could.  Admonish means to warn, as in there will be punishment if you don't do something.  I didn't do that. 
 
As for the answer to your question, do the following:
In Firefox, use the command control shift b to open the all bookmarks window.  You will hear that you are in the library.
Open the menus with alt.  They are different menus than in the main part of the program. 
Right arrow to import and backup.
Down arrow until you get to export bookmarks as html.  Press enter and follow the wizard.  It is similar to exporting book marks in Internet Explorer. 
After you finish exporting, if you want to return to the main program, close the window with alt f4.  You opened a second window when you used control shift b.  Ask if you have problems.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: MAX
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 6:46 PM
To: NVDA
Subject: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?

I have been admonished to ask before complaining.  So here goes.  Is there
any way to export bookmarks to an html file in Firefox?  This is possible
in internet explorer and I have gotten in the habit of using it.  I have
the latest versions of windows 10 and Firefox.


73 (Regards).

Max.  K 4 O DS.

I've Never Lost the Wonder.

Email: max@...

Vacuum Tube  Site: http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/
Transistor site: http://www.angelfire.com/planet/funwithtransistors/
Woodworking site:
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/Woodworking/wwindex.html
Music site: http://www.maxsmusicplace.com

To subscribe to the fun with transistors group send an email to.
Funwithtransistors+subscribe@groups.io

To subscribe to the fun with tubes group send an email to,
funwithtubes+subscribe@groups.io

To subscribe to the fun with wood group send a blank email to
funwithwood+subscribe@groups.io




Gene
 

First, I wasn't writing as a moderator.  Second, I didn't ask to be list moderator.  I was asked.  Third, if you can see anything I've done in my moderation activities that warrants removal, fine.  Take it up with the owner instead of publicly on the list. 
 
And last, no one can like or get along with everyone.  If you doh't like me, that's too bad.  But whether you like me or not has nothing to do with whether I should continue to serve as moderator.  And if I am removed, I'll still be a list member, annoying you in the same ways. 
 
Gene

Sent: Monday, February 11, 2019 9:36 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?

David. You’ve said sir what I’ve and possibly others have been feeling for several months now and I thank you. With that being said With Nimar Jabar’s blessing which I doubt he’ll give I propose that Gene be removed as list moderator. I’ve been wanting to say this for a very long time and as Casey Casum used to say “and their you have it”. Time to recuse yourself Geno.

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of David Goldfield <david.goldfield@...>
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 9:30:28 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?
 

Gene,

To admonish means to warn or to reprimand firmly. This most recent message definitely sounds like a reprimand to me and it's not the first message you've written where you have displayed a patronizing, condescending tone. When people tell you this you insist that you are right and that they are wrong and not seeing things clearly or that, in this case, they're not defining terms based on your own dictionary definition. No doubt you will be tempted to spend the next five or ten minutes firing off a response indicating why I, in fact, am wrong and why you are totally justified in your behavior. Please don't bother because I won't read it. Mailing lists should be a safe haven for people to ask any question they might have and know that they will receive a charitable response. At times you give mailing lists like this a bad name and I'm frankly sick of it. When someone asks a question it doesn't matter what they may or may not assume. If they knew everything they wouldn't be asking questions on this list. Why not use your knowledge to just provide a charitable response rather than reprimanding and chastising them.


David Goldfield, Assistive Technology Specialist WWW.David-Goldfield.Com
On 2/10/2019 8:43 PM, Gene wrote:
I'll answer your question below.  But first, I'll make this comment:
I didn't admonish you.  You are referring to my messages in which I said that if you ask before assuming something can't be done, you may save yourself a good deal of time and trouble.  You may also find that you can use programs you didn't think you could.  Admonish means to warn, as in there will be punishment if you don't do something.  I didn't do that. 
 
As for the answer to your question, do the following:
In Firefox, use the command control shift b to open the all bookmarks window.  You will hear that you are in the library.
Open the menus with alt.  They are different menus than in the main part of the program. 
Right arrow to import and backup.
Down arrow until you get to export bookmarks as html.  Press enter and follow the wizard.  It is similar to exporting book marks in Internet Explorer. 
After you finish exporting, if you want to return to the main program, close the window with alt f4.  You opened a second window when you used control shift b.  Ask if you have problems.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: MAX
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 6:46 PM
To: NVDA
Subject: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?

I have been admonished to ask before complaining.  So here goes.  Is there
any way to export bookmarks to an html file in Firefox?  This is possible
in internet explorer and I have gotten in the habit of using it.  I have
the latest versions of windows 10 and Firefox.


73 (Regards).

Max.  K 4 O DS.

I've Never Lost the Wonder.

Email: max@...

Vacuum Tube  Site: http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/
Transistor site: http://www.angelfire.com/planet/funwithtransistors/
Woodworking site:
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/Woodworking/wwindex.html
Music site: http://www.maxsmusicplace.com

To subscribe to the fun with transistors group send an email to.
Funwithtransistors+subscribe@groups.io

To subscribe to the fun with tubes group send an email to,
funwithtubes+subscribe@groups.io

To subscribe to the fun with wood group send a blank email to
funwithwood+subscribe@groups.io




Gene
 

You are not saying that because of anything I've done as a moderator.  You are saying that because you don't like me personally.  If you can make a case for not liking me personally translating into me not serving as moderator, I'd be very curious to hear.
 
What you really want is for me to not be on the list any longer.  You have no basis to complain about me as a moderator because I do almost no moderation.  The list needs almost none. 
 
I didn't ask to be moderator.  I was asked.  I can relinquish being a moderator just as I assumed the responsibilities when I was asked.  My ego isn't involved in being a moderator.  If some way for list members to vote on the question is arranged by the owner and if enough people want me to leave, fine.  I am serving as moderator to do something to serve the community, as I was asked to do.  If the community doesn't want that service, fine.  But I will still be a member of the list annoying you as usual because I almost never do anything as a moderator because the list almost entirely runs itself. 
 
Gene
 

Sent: Monday, February 11, 2019 10:07 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?

Even though I've ben quiet for about 2 years about this matter I second that motion. No further discussion is needed, 3 to 0 in favor? Yeah. I'd say to kick him out. I'm not normally this harsh, but this has ben grating on my nervs for the 2 or so years I've ben on his list.

Take care

On 11 Feb 2019, at 7:36, Lino Morales wrote:

David. You’ve said sir what I’ve and possibly others have been feeling for several months now and I thank you. With that being said With Nimar Jabar’s blessing which I doubt he’ll give I propose that Gene be removed as list moderator. I’ve been wanting to say this for a very long time and as Casey Casum used to say “and their you have it”. Time to recuse yourself Geno.

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 


From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of David Goldfield <david.goldfield@...>
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 9:30:28 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?
 

Gene,

To admonish means to warn or to reprimand firmly. This most recent message definitely sounds like a reprimand to me and it's not the first message you've written where you have displayed a patronizing, condescending tone. When people tell you this you insist that you are right and that they are wrong and not seeing things clearly or that, in this case, they're not defining terms based on your own dictionary definition. No doubt you will be tempted to spend the next five or ten minutes firing off a response indicating why I, in fact, am wrong and why you are totally justified in your behavior. Please don't bother because I won't read it. Mailing lists should be a safe haven for people to ask any question they might have and know that they will receive a charitable response. At times you give mailing lists like this a bad name and I'm frankly sick of it. When someone asks a question it doesn't matter what they may or may not assume. If they knew everything they wouldn't be asking questions on this list. Why not use your knowledge to just provide a charitable response rather than reprimanding and chastising them.


David Goldfield, Assistive Technology Specialist WWW.David-Goldfield.Com
On 2/10/2019 8:43 PM, Gene wrote:
I'll answer your question below.  But first, I'll make this comment:
I didn't admonish you.  You are referring to my messages in which I said that if you ask before assuming something can't be done, you may save yourself a good deal of time and trouble.  You may also find that you can use programs you didn't think you could.  Admonish means to warn, as in there will be punishment if you don't do something.  I didn't do that. 
 
As for the answer to your question, do the following:
In Firefox, use the command control shift b to open the all bookmarks window.  You will hear that you are in the library.
Open the menus with alt.  They are different menus than in the main part of the program. 
Right arrow to import and backup.
Down arrow until you get to export bookmarks as html.  Press enter and follow the wizard.  It is similar to exporting book marks in Internet Explorer. 
After you finish exporting, if you want to return to the main program, close the window with alt f4.  You opened a second window when you used control shift b.  Ask if you have problems.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: MAX
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 6:46 PM
To: NVDA
Subject: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?

I have been admonished to ask before complaining.  So here goes.  Is there
any way to export bookmarks to an html file in Firefox?  This is possible
in internet explorer and I have gotten in the habit of using it.  I have
the latest versions of windows 10 and Firefox.


73 (Regards).

Max.  K 4 O DS.

I've Never Lost the Wonder.

Email: max@...

Vacuum Tube  Site: http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/
Transistor site: http://www.angelfire.com/planet/funwithtransistors/
Woodworking site:
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/Woodworking/wwindex.html
Music site: http://www.maxsmusicplace.com

To subscribe to the fun with transistors group send an email to.
Funwithtransistors+subscribe@groups.io

To subscribe to the fun with tubes group send an email to,
funwithtubes+subscribe@groups.io

To subscribe to the fun with wood group send a blank email to
funwithwood+subscribe@groups.io




 

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 11:16 AM, Gene wrote:
And if I am removed, I'll still be a list member, annoying you in the same ways.
Not really.  Your behaviors, long before the outrageous last 24 hours, would have had you on moderated status, at a minimum on any forum on which I'm part of the moderating team.

Your actions over the last day would easily result in removal as moderator, and should.

You adamantly refuse to accept any feedback regarding how you consistently come across and are a frequent source of discord.  And, as usual, you'll deflect and attack that observation, too.  It's just sad.

And I have said the above in public and to the group owner privately on more than one occasion, without hesitation.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

 

 

Sarah k Alawami
 

Agreed a thousand percent with brian. If this were my list you would have already ben band not just as mod, but as list member, as mod for good, and as list member for at least a week to start off with, then higher bans the more the offending behavior continues up to and including indefinite termination. Oh and my 3 strikes rule, you would have violated that, about 2 years or so ago.


Take care

On 11 Feb 2019, at 8:51, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 11:16 AM, Gene wrote:
And if I am removed, I'll still be a list member, annoying you in the same ways.
Not really.  Your behaviors, long before the outrageous last 24 hours, would have had you on moderated status, at a minimum on any forum on which I'm part of the moderating team.

Your actions over the last day would easily result in removal as moderator, and should.

You adamantly refuse to accept any feedback regarding how you consistently come across and are a frequent source of discord.  And, as usual, you'll deflect and attack that observation, too.  It's just sad.

And I have said the above in public and to the group owner privately on more than one occasion, without hesitation.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

 

 

Rosemarie Chavarria
 

I totally agree with Sarah and Brian. You act as if your way is the only way to do tasks. When anybody tries to explain that there's more than one way to accomplish a task, you get defensive and act as an irritated school master. This behavior is getting old! Enough said!

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2019 9:09 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?

 

Agreed a thousand percent with brian. If this were my list you would have already ben band not just as mod, but as list member, as mod for good, and as list member for at least a week to start off with, then higher bans the more the offending behavior continues up to and including indefinite termination. Oh and my 3 strikes rule, you would have violated that, about 2 years or so ago.

 

Take care

On 11 Feb 2019, at 8:51, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 11:16 AM, Gene wrote:

And if I am removed, I'll still be a list member, annoying you in the same ways.

Not really.  Your behaviors, long before the outrageous last 24 hours, would have had you on moderated status, at a minimum on any forum on which I'm part of the moderating team.

Your actions over the last day would easily result in removal as moderator, and should.

You adamantly refuse to accept any feedback regarding how you consistently come across and are a frequent source of discord.  And, as usual, you'll deflect and attack that observation, too.  It's just sad.

And I have said the above in public and to the group owner privately on more than one occasion, without hesitation.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

 

 

Gene
 

As I explain later in this message, I won't answer individual messages after this one, but I think this message deserves a response.
 
You have disliked me irrationally for a long time.  I am civil to you and you always attack me and start debates first.  You have made charges about my conduct.  You know how to look through the archives.  Shhow me examples, quotes of anything I've done that is as you describe, And isn't it interesting how you do exactly what you accuse me of.  It wasn't too long ago that you accused me of scolding list members, which I do not accept.  What did you do a day or two ago?  You wrote a message harshly criticizing, let's say the s word, scolding a list member and any list members in general who continue to use Internet Explorer.  Physician, heal thyself.  And, if you are going to make wild charges, back them up.  I'm tired of seeing charges from you and when I ask you to back them up, silence is the result.  Either back up what you say or don't say it. 
 
I don't want to get into a dragged out discussion about me on the list.  I answered your message because it so outrageous.  But I will now let people say what they want and not comment much.  I may have another comment after things continue for a day or two, but I won't respond to individual messages.  its time for those who have an opinion to speak if they wish.  But it isn't the time for me to respond again until I see what people have to say.
 
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2019 10:51 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Exporting bookmarks to a file?

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 11:16 AM, Gene wrote:
And if I am removed, I'll still be a list member, annoying you in the same ways.
Not really.  Your behaviors, long before the outrageous last 24 hours, would have had you on moderated status, at a minimum on any forum on which I'm part of the moderating team.

Your actions over the last day would easily result in removal as moderator, and should.

You adamantly refuse to accept any feedback regarding how you consistently come across and are a frequent source of discord.  And, as usual, you'll deflect and attack that observation, too.  It's just sad.

And I have said the above in public and to the group owner privately on more than one occasion, without hesitation.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back

 

 

 

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 01:09 PM, Gene wrote:
You have disliked me irrationally for a long time.  I am civil to you and you always attack me and start debates first.
No, Gene, my dislike and that expressed by a multitude of others at this point is entirely rational and entirely based in your own behavior, which has now been very accurately and comprehensively characterized.

You will not take any constructive criticism and always insist on lashing out, in the most ugly way and at great length, at anyone who dares offer any.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with me, and everything, my dear, to do with you.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back