From: Betsy Grenevitch
Sent: May 20, 2020 8:19 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Express Scribe and NVDA

I hope it is OK to ask this here. Does anyone know if Express Scribe

works with NVDA? I do not want to purchase it if it does not work. I

cannot remember if I ever tried it with NVDA because it has been quite

some time since I have even used it. My trial version has run out and I

am willing to purchase it if it does work as I do a lot of transcription

from recordings and one of the places I volunteer to do this wants

things word for word as much as possible. If Express Scribe does not

work or you know of another software that is very user friendly please

let me know. If the moderators do not want this topic on the list and

they let us know please email me privately.

Thanks so much for any help I can receive.

--

Betsy Grenevitch

678-862-3876

Betsy Grenevitch

I was a WindowEyes user until it was gone then I went to NVDA. I know how to use Qogle but am willing to pay for the soft ware if it works with NVDA. I would rather pay for it than deal with something I have onfor for a certain period.

Betsy

Betsy, do you know how to use Google? Or Start page?  If you do, You just go to www.startpage.com It's like google but you do not get spywhere.   You use that search engine. You ask what is free like express scribe or other are free. Then you just find what will work for you. Have you used other screen readers besides NVDA? Or are you newly blind?  That's why I asked if you know how to use google?  I hope you find something that is user friendly like express scribe.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I hope it is OK to ask this here. Does anyone know if Express Scribe

works with NVDA? I do not want to purchase it if it does not work. I

cannot remember if I ever tried it with NVDA because it has been quite

some time since I have even used it. My trial version has run out and I

am willing to purchase it if it does work as I do a lot of transcription

from recordings and one of the places I volunteer to do this wants

things word for word as much as possible. If Express Scribe does not

work or you know of another software that is very user friendly please

let me know. If the moderators do not want this topic on the list and

they let us know please email me privately.

Thanks so much for any help I can receive.

--

Betsy Grenevitch

678-862-3876

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#73952) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

NVDA on Groups.io

Get NVDA from: http://www.nvaccess.org/
Your continued donations help keep NVDA development going strong. Donate at: http://www.nvaccess.org/donate
Get NVDA add-ons at: http://addons.nvda-project.org/
Other links:
NVDA on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8601265515

_._,_._,_

Arlene

Well then, Uninstall Express Scribe. Then reinstall it as though you are going to use it as a free trial. Try it and see if it is user friendly with NVDA. If it is. Then purchase it.  I don’t know how long the free trial would be. I’d make use of it during the free time. If you find it’s user friendly. Then buy it.