few screen reader commands needed

ganesh reddy

Hi, I am Ganesh from Hyderabad, India.
While using WinWord with NVDA, I got the following doubts.

1. Is there any short Cut key to know the page number?
For example:
If I am reading 50 pages document.
I read few pages. I wants to stop here. now how can I know, in which
page I am on?
2. In the same way can I know, line number?
3. If I press page up, my cursor will be in first line of previous page.
In the same way is there any trick, so that I can go to end of the same page?
4. Is there any shortcut key to read whole page?

--
with regards Ganesh reddy:

Mobile:
+919666147734

Watsapp me on by clicking below URL:
https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=919666147734

Friend me on FaceBook With below link:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014149961654

connect me on linkdin:
https://www.Linkdin/profile/GaniGK8

Monte Single

Try pressing the nvda key the end key.

[...]

David Griffith

Well done Monty – I did not know that one. Used to use Insert page down in Jaws but did not know that this command NVDA End existed in NVDA to do this relibably. I think NVDA probably performs better than Jaws in this area at least now.

David Griffith

Thanks

David Griffith

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

Rui Fontes

Hello!

Answers in the midle of your questions...

Às 16:44 de 14/06/2021, ganesh reddy escreveu:
1. Is there any short Cut key to know the page number?

The page number and line number can be displayed in the status bar.

You can read the status bar with NVDA+End and can access it, to read and configure, with the Word command F6.

If I am reading 50 pages document.
I read few pages. I wants to stop here. now how can I know, in which
page I am on?

Remember that the recent versions of Word already remember the place where you stopped previously...

3. If I press page up, my cursor will be in first line of previous page.
In the same way is there any trick, so that I can go to end of the same page?

Press Control+PageDown to go to next page and than press arrow up to go to last line of previous page...

4. Is there any shortcut key to read whole page?

No.

Rui Fontes

Monte Single

Hi David,

The win key plus the end key reads the status line;  so what you hear depends on what is in focus.

Maybe it is  a windows key combo and not  a nvda combo.

It works, I’m happy

[...]

Fawaz Abdul rahman

Hi, your questions have been answered, however,

If you just like to read and like to keep the position and navigate page by page etc, I would recommend checking out bookworm app.

https://getbookworm.com/

good luck.

[...]

Kakarla Nageswaraiah

Dear Fawaz Abdul rahman Sir,
Thank you very much for writing about the bookworm app. I'll download
and explore its usability and let others know if it's really useful.

On 6/14/21, Fawaz Abdul rahman <fawaz.ar94@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

కాకర్ల నాగేశ్వరయ్య

K. Nageswaraiah