Topics

fields don't read when creating a distribution list in winword

Sarah k Alawami

Steps:

1. Launch NVDA.
  2. Launch winword
  3. Go to mailing, and  chose start merge, then choose meial
  4. Go back into mailings, and choose recipient list.
  5. Choose new list
  6. Try and read the field names. All you hear is “edit blank,” no labels for what this is.

I’m using nvda 2020.3 and Windows 10 20H2 (64-bit) build 19042.867. I tried object nav, screen review and clicking into the fields, but so far I can’t get these things to read when tabbing.

Thanks.

Lukasz Golonka

There is no way these labels can be accessed - they don't work with any
screen reader. You best bed would be to create a distribution list in MS
Excel. I can't give you specific instructions as last time I needed to
do this was ages ago but the process was relatively easy.

--
Regards
Lukasz

Luke Davis

Did you try with and without UIA enabled?
(NVDA+n, p, s, a, tab, space, tab several times until you reach it, space, enter.)

Sarah k Alawami

I'll google on how to do this. I read an article on Microsoft's help page but I was even more confused. It's a shame those fields will never be able to read. And when I try and use outlook I get "no tables found" even though I have over 900 contacts in there. Oh well. I'll investigate this further.

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 1 Apr 2021, at 9:46, Lukasz Golonka via groups.io wrote:

There is no way these labels can be accessed - they don't work with any
screen reader. You best bed would be to create a distribution list in MS
Excel. I can't give you specific instructions as last time I needed to
do this was ages ago but the process was relatively easy.

--
Regards
Lukasz

Sarah k Alawami

I very much doubt it will work. I think I have UIA disabled anyway.

--

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

On 1 Apr 2021, at 9:56, Luke Davis wrote:

Did you try with and without UIA enabled?
(NVDA+n, p, s, a, tab, space, tab several times until you reach it, space, enter.)

Exporting Contacts to CSV generally works well, and you use the CSV file for the merge.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them.  And then you destroy yourself.

~ Richard M. Nixon

Sarah k Alawami

Yeah I just created the spreadsheet by hand. It was easy enough to do, then connected the list. I didn't send the messages, but let me let you know, they will be in your outbox and they will send. One day maybe those fields will read, it's too bad they will not.

Blessings.

--

On 1 Apr 2021, at 15:45, Brian Vogel wrote:

Exporting Contacts to CSV generally works well, and you use the CSV file for the merge.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them.  And then you destroy yourself.

~ Richard M. Nixon