Topics

FileZilla brings NVDA to a grinding halt

Jesse Farquharson

Hello folks,

I have been trying to do some large folder transfers from FileZilla to my new machine. I noticed this on the old one, but chopped it up to the laughable specs on it. This new machine however is a complete monster, and while I'm trying to do a FileZilla transfer of 20000+ audio files, NVDA grinds to a complete stop. If I try and move around the FileZilla window, I often have to restart NVDA. Can anyone comment on this?

Thanks.

Damien Garwood

Hi,
I have the same problem. That's why I use WinSCP, not only for its better responsiveness alongside NVDA, but also the fact that it's less cluttered (with the right settings).
Cheers,
Damien.

On 11/09/2020 03:36 pm, Jesse Farquharson wrote:
Hello folks,
I have been trying to do some large folder transfers from FileZilla to my new machine. I noticed this on the old one, but chopped it up to the laughable specs on it. This new machine however is a complete monster, and while I'm trying to do a FileZilla transfer of 20000+ audio files, NVDA grinds to a complete stop. If I try and move around the FileZilla window, I often have to restart NVDA. Can anyone comment on this?
Thanks.

Jesse Farquharson

Hi Damien,

Does WinSCP allow you to view failed transfers and such?

Thanks.

Damien Garwood

Hi,
If there's an error, WinSCP brings up a dialog straightaway asking whether you want to retry, skip or abort.
Cheers,
Damien.

On 11/09/2020 03:50 pm, Jesse Farquharson wrote:
Hi Damien,
Does WinSCP allow you to view failed transfers and such?
Thanks.

Have you considered SyncToy?  See:

Download SyncToy 2.1 from Official Microsoft Download Center

The nice thing is that it should be accessible and it lets you set things up for synchronization that's bidirectional or unidirectional.

          ~ Oscar Wilde

Gene

I wonder if you could slow the download speed down and if that would help. I haven't heard of really fast downloads causing the kind of problem you are describing in general, I can't test in FileZilla or elsewhere because I don't have a really fast connection. But if there is some way to slow the download speed, maybe that would solve the problem.