Finding Pairing Code for Bluetooth Keyboard using NVDA - How to?

dennis huckle

Hello all,

I tried to pair a Bluetooth keyboard using nvda.

Using a usb keyboard I followed the procedure and pressed enter when the Bluetooth keyboard was seen by Bluetooth.

I couldn’t find the pairing code on screen so had to revert to jaws and use the jaws cursor to obtain that code.

How can I achieve this using nvda.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

Dennis,

The following, from the accessibilitycentral.net page, Migrating from other screen readers to the NVDA screen reader, that may prove useful to you:

Is there something equivalent to JAWS cursor and other mouse commands in NVDA?

Yes. The screen review allows reading the contents of the current window. To switch to screen review, press NVDA + Numpad 7. Once you locate the position where you wish to perform mouse clicks, route the mouse by pressing NVDA + Numpad slash, then press Numpad slash for left mouse click or Numpad star for right mouse click. To switch to object review, press NVDA + Numpad 1.
:

      ~ Brian Vogel

Another potentially helpful document for those either transitioning from JAWS to NVDA or who simply want to determine how to do what one of the two does in the other of the two.

Switching From JAWS To NVDA

      ~ Brian Vogel