Topics

Firefox lags on FB

Hi all,

Does anyone here experienced lags when using Facebook with Firefox along with a screen reader (Jaws or NVDA)? I've been using Firefox for a long time and I've experienced lags with Facebook from time-to-time and it's really annoying, especially on my Surface 3. On my desktop I'm using Jaws, and on my Surface 3 I'm using NVDA, latest version.

Aravind R

and we are unable to locate log out button or sign out unless i use
m.facebook.com

On 3/5/16, Supanut Leepaisomboon <supanut2000@outlook.com> wrote:
Hi all,

Does anyone here experienced lags when using Facebook with Firefox along
with a screen reader (Jaws or NVDA)? I've been using Firefox for a long time
and I've experienced lags with Facebook from time-to-time and it's really
annoying, especially on my Surface 3. On my desktop I'm using Jaws, and on
my Surface 3 I'm using NVDA, latest version.

r. aravind,

Assistant manager
Department of sales
mobile no: +91 9940369593, 9710945613.
email id : aravind_069@yahoo.com, aravind.andhrabank@gmail.com.

Also the edit fields where I can type texts are not being read properly, either by Jaws or NVDA. It seems that Facebook has become less accessible nowadays, even though it have over 1 billion users.

Darren Duff <duff379@...>

I only use m.facebook.com. much easier.

Darren Duff.

Host of the Duff Domain on http://www.95-the-mix.com

amateur radio station KK4AHX.

Follow me on twitter @darren_duff

friend me on face book http://www.facebook.com/DarrenLDuff.

primary E-mail duff379@gmail.com

Mobile E-mail mobileduff5@gmail.com

skype duffman31279

On 3/5/2016 5:03 AM, Aravind R wrote:
and we are unable to locate log out button or sign out unless i use
m.facebook.com

On 3/5/16, Supanut Leepaisomboon <supanut2000@outlook.com> wrote:
Hi all,

Does anyone here experienced lags when using Facebook with Firefox along
with a screen reader (Jaws or NVDA)? I've been using Firefox for a long time
and I've experienced lags with Facebook from time-to-time and it's really
annoying, especially on my Surface 3. On my desktop I'm using Jaws, and on
my Surface 3 I'm using NVDA, latest version.

Dejan Ristic

Yes, I have experienced it too, from time to time, especially when I'm in the message typing field. It's come to us recently. As I have said, it does not happen any time when I'm in the same field. It sometimes goes smoothly, and it sometimes does slow down.

NVDA version I've been using: 2016.1

Windows version I've been using: Windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

On 3/5/2016 10:50 AM, Supanut Leepaisomboon wrote:

Hi all,

Does anyone here experienced lags when using Facebook with Firefox along with a screen reader (Jaws or NVDA)? I've been using Firefox for a long time and I've experienced lags with Facebook from time-to-time and it's really annoying, especially on my Surface 3. On my desktop I'm using Jaws, and on my Surface 3 I'm using NVDA, latest version.

I think someone should report this issue to Facebook, so they can fix it. Facebook has become part of our lives, and I think Facebook really needs to take into account accessibility for visually-impaired users.

Vincent Thacker <vince@...>

I use Notepad to type messages for FB, then paste them in. I really can't be faffed to grapple with those FB text boxes.

Vince in England.

Message Received: Mar 05 2016, 11:31 AM
From: "Darren Duff"
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox lags on FB

Mobile E-mail mobileduff5@...

skype duffman31279

On 3/5/2016 5:03 AM, Aravind R wrote:
> and we are unable to locate log out button or sign out unless i use
> m.facebook.com
>
> On 3/5/16, Supanut Leepaisomboon wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Does anyone here experienced lags when using Facebook with Firefox along
>> with a screen reader (Jaws or NVDA)? I've been using Firefox for a long time
>> and I've experienced lags with Facebook from time-to-time and it's really
>> annoying, especially on my Surface 3. On my desktop I'm using Jaws, and on
>> my Surface 3 I'm using NVDA, latest version.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Some lives, not sure its healthy though, people act as if addicted to it.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Sent: Saturday, March 05, 2016 12:01 PM
Subject: [nvda] Re: Firefox lags on FB

I think someone should report this issue to Facebook, so they can fix it. Facebook has become part of our lives, and I think Facebook really needs to take into account accessibility for visually-impaired users.

Arlene

Yes that is true. Facebook is a big part in everybody’s life.

I think someone should report this issue to Facebook, so they can fix it. Facebook has become part of our lives, and I think Facebook really needs to take into account accessibility for visually-impaired users.

Arlene

It happened to me years ago. I thought it was firefox. So I switched to IE! I go on facebook using IE!

Yes, I have experienced it too, from time to time, especially when I'm in the message typing field. It's come to us recently. As I have said, it does not happen any time when I'm in the same field. It sometimes goes smoothly, and it sometimes does slow down.

NVDA version I've been using: 2016.1

Windows version I've been using: Windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

On 3/5/2016 10:50 AM, Supanut Leepaisomboon wrote:

Hi all,

Does anyone here experienced lags when using Facebook with Firefox along with a screen reader (Jaws or NVDA)? I've been using Firefox for a long time and I've experienced lags with Facebook from time-to-time and it's really annoying, especially on my Surface 3. On my desktop I'm using Jaws, and on my Surface 3 I'm using NVDA, latest version.

Arlene

So do I. I just go to it on the web.

and we are unable to locate log out button or sign out unless i use
m.facebook.com

On 3/5/16, Supanut Leepaisomboon <supanut2000@outlook.com> wrote:
Hi all,

Does anyone here experienced lags when using Facebook with Firefox along
with a screen reader (Jaws or NVDA)? I've been using Firefox for a long time
and I've experienced lags with Facebook from time-to-time and it's really
annoying, especially on my Surface 3. On my desktop I'm using Jaws, and on
my Surface 3 I'm using NVDA, latest version.

Arlene

Yes, I’ve heard it has. You can do it using the I phone or pad. Or maybe a tablit.