Topics

Follow-up: so what will happen to Joseph Lee's add-ons when he steps back

Hi all,

Thanks for the encouragements. I plan to step back from NVDA community once I hear that I can start studying for master’s degree (not this fall, as I’m still an undergraduate and I need to apply for graduate school).

So what will happen to my add-ons in the meantime:

  • Add-on Updater: as I noted last night, it’ll be maintained until NVDA itself gains this add-on’s ability.
  • Object Location Tones: the last release from me will be sent early next year.
  • StationPlaylist: version 20.09.x is a long-term support release for Studio 5.20 users and will continue to use older NVDA technologies. Going forward, stable releases (20.10 and later) will rely exclusively on recent NVDA changes and will support Studio 5.30 or later. The full impact won’t be felt until next year, however. Also, I’ll hand over this add-on to the community for further development and maintenance effective June 30, 2021, and to prepare for this, 20.09.x support will end in April 2021 and stable version to follow shortly after.
  • Windows 10 App Essentials: in January 2021, two things will happen: end of support for Windows 10 Version 1909 from this add-on, and the add-on will require NVDA 2020.3 or later. Both align with add-on support policy.
  • Other add-ons will see updates from time to time, but there might be a possibility that they too will be handed over to the community for further development.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph

rowen brian <manchen0528@...>