Topics

For those using braille displays: brltbl20160315 now available

Hi all,

This is mostly for those using UEB: A new third-party snapshot for testing latest UEB tables is now up. Note that this is equivalent to portable copy (please don’t install this version onto your computer, as this build does not support manual nor automatic updates).

Direct link:

http://www.nvda-kr.org/en/nvda_snapshot_brltbl20160315.exe

After launching this build, to use the UEB table set, from braille settings/output table combo box, select either English (Unified) grade 1 or 2 (both will be the last table set for English and they are labeled as “experimental”). Comments regarding this build should be sent to this list or to me directly. Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph

Sharni-Lee Ward

Okay, I'm in the process of downloading the file. How do I run a .exe file as a portable copy? If I shouldn't install it, how can I use it?

From: joseph.lee22590@...
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] For those using braille displays: brltbl20160315 now available
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 19:08:21 -0700

Hi all,

This is mostly for those using UEB: A new third-party snapshot for testing latest UEB tables is now up. Note that this is equivalent to portable copy (please don’t install this version onto your computer, as this build does not support manual nor automatic updates).

Direct link:

http://www.nvda-kr.org/en/nvda_snapshot_brltbl20160315.exe

After launching this build, to use the UEB table set, from braille settings/output table combo box, select either English (Unified) grade 1 or 2 (both will be the last table set for English and they are labeled as “experimental”). Comments regarding this build should be sent to this list or to me directly. Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi,

In this case, run it as a temporary copy (say “continue” after accepting the license agreement), or tell it to create a portable copy.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: joseph.lee22590@...
To: nvda@groups.io
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 19:08:21 -0700

Hi all,

This is mostly for those using UEB: A new third-party snapshot for testing latest UEB tables is now up. Note that this is equivalent to portable copy (please don’t install this version onto your computer, as this build does not support manual nor automatic updates).

Direct link:

http://www.nvda-kr.org/en/nvda_snapshot_brltbl20160315.exe

After launching this build, to use the UEB table set, from braille settings/output table combo box, select either English (Unified) grade 1 or 2 (both will be the last table set for English and they are labeled as “experimental”). Comments regarding this build should be sent to this list or to me directly. Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph

Sharni-Lee Ward

Okay, this is great! A couple things I did notice, however:

1. Single letters after an apostrophe (as in "I'd" and "can't") still have the Grade 1 character indicator in front of them.
2. When text is formatted two different ways eg. italic and underline, only the first one that was opened is apparently closed at the end, although in the text both were closed. There is also the thing about the terminators appearing outside a set of quotes when the italicised passage started inside them, but that was in the previous version.
3. Single emphasised words are marked with the italic passage indicator and terminator instead of the italic word indicator.

I hope you don't mind me doing this on-list. If you knew about these issues already, I apologise.

From: joseph.lee22590@...
To: nvda@groups.io
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 14:10:46 -0700

Hi,

From: joseph.lee22590@...
To: nvda@groups.io
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 19:08:21 -0700

Hi all,

This is mostly for those using UEB: A new third-party snapshot for testing latest UEB tables is now up. Note that this is equivalent to portable copy (please don’t install this version onto your computer, as this build does not support manual nor automatic updates).

Direct link:

http://www.nvda-kr.org/en/nvda_snapshot_brltbl20160315.exe

After launching this build, to use the UEB table set, from braille settings/output table combo box, select either English (Unified) grade 1 or 2 (both will be the last table set for English and they are labeled as “experimental”). Comments regarding this build should be sent to this list or to me directly. Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi,

Fixing these won’t be trivial. There is work under way (not by me) to bring a complete overhaul of how emphasis marks are handled in libLouis, which will necessarily mean breaking backward compatibility.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: joseph.lee22590@...
To: nvda@groups.io
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 14:10:46 -0700

Hi,

From: joseph.lee22590@...
To: nvda@groups.io
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 19:08:21 -0700

Hi all,

This is mostly for those using UEB: A new third-party snapshot for testing latest UEB tables is now up. Note that this is equivalent to portable copy (please don’t install this version onto your computer, as this build does not support manual nor automatic updates).

Direct link:

http://www.nvda-kr.org/en/nvda_snapshot_brltbl20160315.exe

After launching this build, to use the UEB table set, from braille settings/output table combo box, select either English (Unified) grade 1 or 2 (both will be the last table set for English and they are labeled as “experimental”). Comments regarding this build should be sent to this list or to me directly. Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph

Sharni-Lee Ward

Okay. I understand this isn't easy to do and I'm grateful for the progress that's been made in this version. :D

From: joseph.lee22590@...
To: nvda@groups.io
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 16:46:47 -0700

Hi,