Forgive this q. about end-block-quote and paragraph Editable


Penny Golden <pengold2@...>
 

Can I write emails without having these words come up?  I know it must be possible; and I know that I should be able to figure out what it is that I need to turn off.

Is there a way to get this extraneous wording out of the reading and writing process?

Sorry if this should be obvious.

Thanks.


Gene
 

NVDA announces block quotes by default, a setting I have objected to in the past.

You can eliminate this announcement in the following way:
Open the document formatting dialog using the command control NVDA d.  That is, hold control and the NVDA key and type d while doing so.
Tab through the items and you will eventually get to block quotes.  It is a check box.  Uncheck it with the space bar, then press enter. 

You won't hear block quotes identified in places like e-mails or web pages. 

Gene

On 5/14/2022 5:29 AM, Penny Golden wrote:

Can I write emails without having these words come up?  I know it must be possible; and I know that I should be able to figure out what it is that I need to turn off.

Is there a way to get this extraneous wording out of the reading and writing process?

Sorry if this should be obvious.

Thanks.









Penny Golden <pengold2@...>
 

Thanks so much.  I don't care what default is, if only I can change it. 

Thanks so much for the info.

Pen



On 5/14/2022 5:36 AM, Gene wrote:
NVDA announces block quotes by default, a setting I have objected to in the past.

You can eliminate this announcement in the following way:
Open the document formatting dialog using the command control NVDA d.  That is, hold control and the NVDA key and type d while doing so.
Tab through the items and you will eventually get to block quotes.  It is a check box.  Uncheck it with the space bar, then press enter. 

You won't hear block quotes identified in places like e-mails or web pages. 

Gene

On 5/14/2022 5:29 AM, Penny Golden wrote:

Can I write emails without having these words come up?  I know it must be possible; and I know that I should be able to figure out what it is that I need to turn off.

Is there a way to get this extraneous wording out of the reading and writing process?

Sorry if this should be obvious.

Thanks.










Carlos Medrano
 

If I recall, that dialogue also has the check box for table column and row header information. On some older websites that use tables for formatting instead of CSS, turning that off may also be useful. I know it's off topic, but it took me a while to find how to turn it off.


- Carlos


On 5/14/2022 3:43 AM, Penny Golden wrote:

Thanks so much.  I don't care what default is, if only I can change it. 

Thanks so much for the info.

Pen



On 5/14/2022 5:36 AM, Gene wrote:
NVDA announces block quotes by default, a setting I have objected to in the past.

You can eliminate this announcement in the following way:
Open the document formatting dialog using the command control NVDA d.  That is, hold control and the NVDA key and type d while doing so.
Tab through the items and you will eventually get to block quotes.  It is a check box.  Uncheck it with the space bar, then press enter. 

You won't hear block quotes identified in places like e-mails or web pages. 

Gene

On 5/14/2022 5:29 AM, Penny Golden wrote:

Can I write emails without having these words come up?  I know it must be possible; and I know that I should be able to figure out what it is that I need to turn off.

Is there a way to get this extraneous wording out of the reading and writing process?

Sorry if this should be obvious.

Thanks.










Gene
 

Those settings aren't related as you are describing.  There is a specific field for tables used for formatting.  It is off by default.  Format tables aren't announced.  If you want to turn off announcement  of table heading and row column information, those are settings that affect what is announced in those areas concerning tables in general.

You can experiment with different settings and see what settings you like better but you won't hear formatting table information announced if you are using default settings.

Gene
On 5/14/2022 12:52 PM, Carlos Medrano wrote:



Luke Davis
 

Gene wrote:

Those settings aren't related as you are describing.  There is a specific field for tables used for formatting.  It is off by default.  Format tables aren't
In NVDA, their called layout tables. But yes, everything else you said.

Luke
"I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. I only know what I can do." -James T. Kirk


Steve Nutt
 

I agree with you Pen, it doesn’t matter what a default is, provided you can set it to your taste.

 

All the best


Steve

 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Penny Golden
Sent: 14 May 2022 11:43
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Forgive this q. about end-block-quote and paragraph Editable

 

Thanks so much.  I don't care what default is, if only I can change it. 

Thanks so much for the info.

Pen

 

 

On 5/14/2022 5:36 AM, Gene wrote:

NVDA announces block quotes by default, a setting I have objected to in the past.

You can eliminate this announcement in the following way:
Open the document formatting dialog using the command control NVDA d.  That is, hold control and the NVDA key and type d while doing so.
Tab through the items and you will eventually get to block quotes.  It is a check box.  Uncheck it with the space bar, then press enter. 

You won't hear block quotes identified in places like e-mails or web pages. 

Gene

On 5/14/2022 5:29 AM, Penny Golden wrote:


Can I write emails without having these words come up?  I know it must be possible; and I know that I should be able to figure out what it is that I need to turn off.

Is there a way to get this extraneous wording out of the reading and writing process?

Sorry if this should be obvious.

Thanks.