Topics

Free captcha solving chrome extension

Oliver Edholm

Hi!

I just wanted to announce that I'm now releasing a Chrome Extension for automatic captcha solving.

You can download the extension here: http://www.screenreader.ai/download_captcha_solver.html

I'm a sighted machine learning researcher that recently have caught an eye on the field of web accessibility.

Websites are primarily designed to be interacted with visually which is hard to do if you have a visual impairment. Here I think there's big potential for AI to help and look at the web page visually and then give correct and helpful information to the visually impaired or blind user.

I'm also the creator of the newly created but fairly popular NVDA add-on, "Image Describer", can be found at NVDA add-ons list, (if you're interested in trying out): https://addons.nvda-project.org/index.en.html

I'm looking towards doing much more than this, please contact me or reply to this thread if you want to get help with something accessibility wise or have any kind of feedback.

Hareth

Hi Oliver,
Many thanks. Your effort is greatly appreciated.
Best regards.

On 4/12/19, Oliver Edholm <oliver.edholm@...> wrote:
[...]

Oliver, is this extension going to be developed for Firefox as well?
I hoped to test it and give you some feedback, but Chrome isn't my default browser hence I'm not comfortable with it to test something there right now.
Also I never even installed an extension on this browser, so...

Looking forward to see this one in Firefox, and my apologies if I'm asking too much. Take your time :)

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy
Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 12/04/2019 08:08, Oliver Edholm disse:

[...]

Mallard

Oliver,

I've just downloaded your automatic captcha solier. Do you think it would work with brave, which is Chromium-based?

Just curious.

I want to thank you for your efforts, and commitment to make your research useful to help us.

I'm really excited and encouraged when I see there are still people who see the importance of accessibility to improve our daily lives.

I'll let you know how your add-on works on my machine.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 12/04/2019 13:08, Oliver Edholm ha scritto:

[...]

Simone Dal Maso

Hello Oliver,
Well, I don't know if you have exactly the idea of how useful is your extension.
I will spread the news on the italian forum, but I simply want to thank you for this because it is simply awesome!

Best regards!

[...]

Hi Marcio! I'll soon have a Firefox version as well, I'll send on Messenger if you want to test!

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 04:54 AM, marcio wrote:
[...]

Hi! I think it should work on all Chromium based browsers, please inform me if it doesn't!

Thank you for your encouragement, hopefully, this is just the beginning :)

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 05:18 AM, Mallard wrote:
[...]

Hi Simone! Thanks for the awesome reply!! Please spread as much as possible.

Oliver,
I'd sure love to test it!
So when you can, just send me the link for the Firefox version! :)

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy
Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 12/04/2019 10:02, Oliver Edholm disse:

[...]

Jacob Kruger

Silly question, but, can you provide the URL of a site/page, which is an example of the type of captcha it should be able to solve/work with?

TIA

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

On 2019-04-12 3:03 PM, Oliver Edholm wrote:
[...]

Dan Beaver

Oliver,

I have installed the extension.  Now Brave asks me if I want to disable developer mode extensions every time I start Brave.  Should I go into the settings and turn developer mode off or what.  this is going to get kind of irritating after a while if I have to keep getting these warnings.

thanks for this great extension.

Dan Beaver

Arno Schuh

Hi Oliver,

could you explain how your captcha solver works?
In the German mailing list since the last week a captcha solver entitled Captcha buster is spreaded. It is available for Chorme and Firefox, too. If I understand the way it works correctly they use the option of recaptcha to recognize the alternative audio file.
So if your solving routine uses an other way to solve the captcha it would be nice to have a second tool.

Yours sincerely

Arno

Am Freitag, 12. April 2019 13:08 schrieb Oliver Edholm <oliver.edholm@...>:

[...]

Ready to test here tooo!

Ciao,

Ollie

Follow or add me on Facebook <https://facebook.com/coolbutpsycho>

[...]

Great; I'll test it on Brave as well hen.

Encouraging you is the least I can do!

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 12/04/2019 15:03, Oliver Edholm ha scritto:
[...]

Idon't have Messenger; if you send it to Marcio, can you send it to me to this mailing address? Or, can he share it with me?

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 12/04/2019 15:02, Oliver Edholm ha scritto:
[...]

Hello Arno,

Captcha Buster never worked for me here. Are you sure it's free? I think I read you had some captchas for free, and then you had to subscribe. But maybe I'm getting mixed up with another service.

Ciao,

Ollie

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 07:08 AM, Oliver Edholm wrote:
You can download the extension here: http://www.screenreader.ai/download_captcha_solver.html
Direct link to the download page.  Download link itself starts with that word at the bottom of the page.

           ~ Edward Abbey

Ollie,
I'm sure Oliver will send it to you, but I'll do it as well as soon as I get the link :)

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy
Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 12/04/2019 11:28, Mallard disse:

[...]

Roger Stewart

Likewise for me. I want to use it with Firefox.
Thanks.
Roger

On 4/12/2019 8:02 AM, Oliver Edholm wrote:
[...]

Joseph Weakland

oliver love it

--
Joseph Weakland