From: GTTsupport@groups.io <GTTsupport@groups.io> On Behalf Of Albert Ruel
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2020 1:05 PM
To: GTTSupport@Groups.io
Subject: [GTTsupport] GTT Northern Ontario and Rural Conference Call, NVDA, Let's Get Started, June 16, 2020 via Zoom Conference

Get Together with Technology (GTT)

Northern Ontario and Rural Conference call

Sponsored by the Canadian Council of the Blind

Theme: NVDA, Let’s Get Started

Date: June 16, 2020

Time:7:00-8:30 PM Eastern Time

Meeting Agenda:

  • Dorothy MacNaughton will facilitate this presentation by Brian Bibeault focussed on the NVDA screen reader for PC and the settings helpful in getting you started.
  • If time permits discussions will also be undertaken on any apps and devices participants might be interested in.

You can participate using the Zoom Conference system by phone or internet from wherever you are:

Join the GTT Northern and Rural Conference Call Zoom Meeting from computer or smart phone:

https://zoom.us/j/9839595688?pwd=N01yeERXQk4rWnhvNCtHTzZwdXcwQT09

Meeting ID: 983 959 5688

Password: 320119

Alberta One tap mobile for Smart Phones:

+15873281099,9839595688#

BC One tap mobile for Smart Phones:

+17789072071,9839595688#

Manitoba One tap mobile for Smart Phones:

+12045151268,9839595688#

Montreal One tap mobile for Smart Phones:

+14388097799,9839595688#

Toronto One tap mobile for Smart Phones:

+16473744685,9839595688#

Direct Dial:

Alberta: +1 587 328 1099

BC: +1 778 907 2071

Manitoba: +1 204 515 1268

Montreal: +1 438 809 7799

Toronto: +1 647 374 4685

For more information contact:

Brian Bibeault, Volunteer Co-Facilitator

GTT.NorthBay@...

Kim Kilpatrick, GTT East Coordinator

GTTProgram@...

1-877-304-0968 Ext 513

Albert Ruel, GTT West Coordinator

albert.GTT@...

1-877-304-0968 Ext 550

CCB Backgrounder:

The CCB was founded in 1944 by a coalition of blind war veterans, schools of the blind and local chapters to create a national self-governing organization. The CCB was incorporated by Letters Patent on May 10, 1950 and is a registered charity under the provisions of the Income Tax Act (Canada).

The purpose of the CCB is to give people with vision loss a distinctive and unique perspective before governments.  CCB deals with the ongoing effects of vision loss by encouraging active living and rehabilitation through peer support and social and recreational activities.

CCB promotes measures to conserve sight, create a close relationship with the sighted community and provide employment opportunities.

The CCB recognizes that vision loss has no boundaries with respect to gender, income, ethnicity, culture, other disabilities or age.

The CCB understands in many instances vision loss is preventable and sometimes is symptomatic of other health issues.  For the 21st century, the CCB is committed to an integrated proactive health approach for early detection to improve the quality of life for all Canadians.

As the largest membership organization of the blind and partially sighted in Canada the CCB is the "Voice of the Blind™".

CCB National Office

100-20 James Street Ottawa ON  K2P 0T6

Toll Free: 1-877-304-0968 Email: info@... URL: www.ccbnational.neta

Kerryn Gunness

what time is the session beginning eastern time on tuesday june 16th
it said

Time:7:00-8:30 PM Eastern Time

not sure what this mean

Here’s an upcoming event for those interested in learning more about using NVDA. I really appreciate all the work all the volunteers do on this project. I try to promote NVDA whenever I can.

Janet

Date: June 16, 2020

Time:7:00-8:30 PM Eastern Time

[...]

Arlene

What Time zone are you at? I’m pacific. Eastern is 3 hours ahead of me. So 7 eastern is 4 my time.  If you are central it will be one hour ahead of you. Mountain time would be  2 hours ahead. I could be lying.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Date: June 16, 2020

Time:7:00-8:30 PM Eastern Time

[...]

Aschalew Byness

work on the time clarification please.

Date: June 16, 2020
Time:7:00-8:30 PM Eastern Time

Meeting Agenda:
a.. Dorothy MacNaughton will facilitate this presentation by Brian
Bibeault focussed on the NVDA screen reader for PC and the settings helpful
in getting you started.
b.. If time permits discussions will also be undertaken on any apps and
[...]

in Canada the CCB is the "Voice of the BlindT".

CCB National Office
100-20 James Street Ottawa ON K2P 0T6

Toll Free: 1-877-304-0968 Email: info@... URL:
www.ccbnational.neta