Topics

General philosophical and practical question in regard to add-on/extension development for NVDA

Am I imagining it, or was it not recently stated that the only way new (that is, not already extant) add-ons/extensions for NVDA would only be given official blessing if they are released under one of the open-source licensing paradigms?  (I forget which one and I could be completely wrong, hence the question).

While I realize that one cannot retroactively apply this, it would certainly make sense to do so going forward.  It's in keeping with NVDA itself and it allows anyone, literally anyone, so inclined and with the skills to do so to pick up and improve any given add-on/extension.

What people do with extensions that they develop for themselves is completely different than what is developed with broad distribution in mind.

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide