getting the word on the web to read wiht nvda?

Sarah k Alawami

This used to work as the person used sway, but now I clicked on this link (not sure if you have to be logged in to view this or not) and I cannot read the document. I tried this in chrome, firefox and brave and I have to use OCR to read the thing.  I dismissed all the alerts and I see a 90 percent zoom. Did the creator brake something, or did nvda brake something, or did I brake something? Lol. I’ll probably XPost this to the office group in case this is a web office issue as well.

Rui Fontes

You must be a part of aavgroup team...

Rui Fontes

Às 17:19 de 04/10/2021, Sarah k Alawami escreveu:

This used to work as the person used sway, but now I clicked on this link (not sure if you have to be logged in to view this or not) and I cannot read the document. I tried this in chrome, firefox and brave and I have to use OCR to read the thing.  I dismissed all the alerts and I see a 90 percent zoom. Did the creator brake something, or did nvda brake something, or did I brake something? Lol. I’ll probably XPost this to the office group in case this is a web office issue as well.

Sarah,

While I can click through on that link and see the document in the web browser, it's also clear to me based on both the way it's "visually veiled" as well as having received the message that I am not authorized to download or print the file that what I'm seeing is not accessible to a screen reader.  This is further confirmed by a "Read-Only" message when I try to click into the document, and the fact that if I use the more options button, find function, find itself cannot find the text I can clearly see is part of this document.

The issue likely lies in the security layers used for this document if you aren't a part of "the in group" that created it.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all.

~ John F. Kennedy

Sarah k Alawami

If that is the case,  how was I able to read the document  via OCR?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rui Fontes
Sent: Monday, October 4, 2021 9:36 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] getting the word on the web to read wiht nvda?

You must be a part of aavgroup team...

Rui Fontes

Às 17:19 de 04/10/2021, Sarah k Alawami escreveu:

Sarah k Alawami

Yeah he disabled downloads, but we can read the text even though we are not logged in with our editor accounts, which I’m not as I don’t need to be right now.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, October 4, 2021 9:48 AM

Sarah,

While I can click through on that link and see the document in the web browser, it's also clear to me based on both the way it's "visually veiled" as well as having received the message that I am not authorized to download or print the file that what I'm seeing is not accessible to a screen reader.  This is further confirmed by a "Read-Only" message when I try to click into the document, and the fact that if I use the more options button, find function, find itself cannot find the text I can clearly see is part of this document.

The issue likely lies in the security layers used for this document if you aren't a part of "the in group" that created it.
--

~ John F. Kennedy

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 01:11 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
-
Because what can be seen, literally, is more than clear enough to run OCR processing on.
--

~ John F. Kennedy

Sarah k Alawami

Yep, I just talked to the person, we’ll find a way to make the page more accessible next time. I’m sure there is a way. This is where my knowledge ends, but he is willing to work with us which is good. He will make sure   we can read the routing before the event.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, October 4, 2021 10:24 AM

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 01:11 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

-
Because what can be seen, literally, is more than clear enough to run OCR processing on.
--

~ John F. Kennedy