Topics

good, responsive synthesizers?

Dan Beaver

Hi,

I have a new laptop which has windows 10 onit. It is so new that some of the old synths I have used in the past on my old laptop won't even install.

Now I guess I am in the market for a new synth with some new voices.

Which of those offered out there are good in response time and which handle pronunciation of the most words correctly?

Please do not suggest ESpeak because I have tried it every release of NVDA and I just can't deal with the voices it has.

I have been using MS David since getting this machine and it is painful with the sluggish response times.

Thanks for any info. I hope to learn from others rather than having to learn by painful experience.

Dan Beaver

Lino Morales

I like David. iIts a bit sluggish, but its damn good. AT Guys sells the Vocalizer voices. Tom, Samantha, and friends.

On 3/9/2016 9:35 PM, Dan Beaver wrote:
Hi,

I have a new laptop which has windows 10 onit. It is so new that some of the old synths I have used in the past on my old laptop won't even install.

Now I guess I am in the market for a new synth with some new voices.

Which of those offered out there are good in response time and which handle pronunciation of the most words correctly?

Please do not suggest ESpeak because I have tried it every release of NVDA and I just can't deal with the voices it has.

I have been using MS David since getting this machine and it is painful with the sluggish response times.

Thanks for any info. I hope to learn from others rather than having to learn by painful experience.

Dan Beaver

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Lino,

I think David is a great voice too eventhough he's a bit sluggish.

Rosemarie

[...]

Kenny Peyattt jr.

Hi I know that eloquence addon from code factory works well with nvda and is responsive. There is also vocalizer adddon for nvda.
Kenny Peyatt jr.

I have a new laptop which has windows 10 onit. It is so new that some
of the old synths I have used in the past on my old laptop won't even
install.

Now I guess I am in the market for a new synth with some new voices.

Which of those offered out there are good in response time and which
handle pronunciation of the most words correctly?

Please do not suggest ESpeak because I have tried it every release of
NVDA and I just can't deal with the voices it has.

I have been using MS David since getting this machine and it is painful
with the sluggish response times.

Thanks for any info. I hope to learn from others rather than having to
learn by painful experience.

Dan Beaver

Gene

The eloquence add on, unless it has been corrected, has lots of annoying anomalies that shouldn't be in Eloquence.  Don't buy it unless you try the demo first.  I haven't seen anything on the list indicating that the problems have been correct and I've seen recent messages indicating that the problems have not been.

Let's hope that they will be in future but they may well not be yet.

Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2016 9:18 PM

[...]

in the espeak, did you try iven3?
its very great, lovely, natural, fast and responsive and made me
completely satisfied.

--
O people! there has come to you indeed an admonition from your Lord
and a healing for what is in the breasts and a guidance and a mercy

please visit al-islam.org

Lino Morales

Iven the Terible in this case is terible. Too basy. ESpeak needs ti die.

On 3/10/16, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
[...]

marvin kotler

Good evening; Marv here. I am also using windows ten; I upgraded from windows 7. I was kind of surprised a synthesizer I had on 7 came to ten with me; it is an older one called microsoft speech synthesis 4. It has quite a few voices and for an old synthesizer, a lot of the voices are very clear in my opinion; good luck.

I have a new laptop which has windows 10 onit. It is so new that some
of the old synths I have used in the past on my old laptop won't even
install.

Now I guess I am in the market for a new synth with some new voices.

Which of those offered out there are good in response time and which
handle pronunciation of the most words correctly?

Please do not suggest ESpeak because I have tried it every release of
NVDA and I just can't deal with the voices it has.

I have been using MS David since getting this machine and it is painful
with the sluggish response times.

Thanks for any info. I hope to learn from others rather than having to
learn by painful experience.

Dan Beaver

Rosemarie Chavarria

I'm trying Ivan 3 right now and he sounds great.

[...]

Arlene

Hi, Is Ivan used only in Windows ten?

[...]

Hi, Arleen,

I used to sometimes use him in windows 7. He's part of the e-speak voices in NVDA.

Hope this helps.

Rosemarie

[...]

iven3 its the best voice in espeak.

On 3/10/16, Arlene <nedster66@...> wrote:
Oh okay!

[...]

To be honest I think the code factory elequence is a lost cause.
if you want that synth better get the other version.
I myself am seriously thinking of getting the acapella addon because I heard it in some recordings and like it.

On 10/03/2016 4:37 p.m., Gene wrote:
[...]

Andrea Sherry

At the risk of offending:
I find the Espeak voices absolutely appalling.
I am using Nuance Vocaliser voices and some Acapella and find them totally responsive. I have a very fast machine though.
Andrea

[...]

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Brad

Lenron

I agree with you Andrea none of those ESpeak voices for me. Not even
this Iven3 voice.

On 3/10/16, Andrea Sherry <sherryan@...> wrote:
[...]

Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832
Skype: ron.brown762

or Quincyor Quincy :-)
One thing I have noticed on most multicore based machines is that particularly on laptops the speed is turned down for what it terms as idle. The snag seems to be that some things, and speech and explorer navigation are often two of them, that these seem to be sluggish. I don't know if Windows 10 has this feature or not, but 7 surely does and quite a bit of lag is taken away if you modify the default processor scheme to make idle at least run at 50 percent of the clock speed, instead of the often crippling 10 per cent.
Obviously this will impact on the battery life, but to me more slick operation is worth that and if you don't use the screen, you can turn this off on a laptop and save power that way to compensate.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

where can I find this would love to change it.

[...]

I v=cannot tell yyou in 10, as I said, only in 7, and this might cause confusion. I seem to recall a wiki on this subject on the nvda web site, can anyone help?
[...]

When I go through the list of voices I only find Iven but no Iven 3. How do I find Iven 3?

Thanks.

Dan Beaver