Google Drive for Desktop Accessibility?

John Sanfilippo

Hi, I was a Backup and Sync user and, as is life's nature, things changed. That's ok, but the new system appears to be no more accessible than the old.

Is there any NVDA magic to get things working together? The stand keyboard nav does not appear to work, nor do siple screen review commands. Or, they wrk sporadically.

John

--
- JS o m -

Ashley Wayne

I have the same issues. I’ve used narrator on some of the screens but even that only partially works.

On Wed, Sep 8, 2021, 11:02 PM John Sanfilippo <johnsanfilippo@...> wrote:
Hi, I was a Backup and Sync user and, as is life's nature, things
changed. That's ok, but the new system appears to be no more accessible
than the old.

Is there any NVDA magic to get things working together? The stand
keyboard nav does not appear to work, nor do siple screen review
commands. Or, they wrk sporadically.

John

--
- JS o m -

Vlad Dragomir

Dear all,

I haven’t had any problems with the new client so far. I can modify the settings, I can read the upload progress, etc. Everything’s like a webpage. What are you trying to do? If I can help I’ll be happy to.

Cheers,

Vlad.

Ashley Wayne

I’m just trying to set it up lol.

On Thu, Sep 9, 2021, 9:04 AM Vlad Dragomir <vladdragomir1983@...> wrote:

Dear all,

I haven’t had any problems with the new client so far. I can modify the settings, I can read the upload progress, etc. Everything’s like a webpage. What are you trying to do? If I can help I’ll be happy to.

Cheers,

Vlad.

Aine Kelly Costello

I went okay with logging in and for me it automatically shows the folders for my drive and shared drives in file explorers. But I occasionally see pop-ups come up. There the focus with NVDA is really jumpy, and if you navigate away by changing windows you can't get back not even with object navigation, even when visually the dialogue is still there.
Also I can't figure out how to get other tabs particularly 'shared with me" (which isn't the same thing as shared rives) to show up.
But if you just want the syncing thing, you can dump everything in the My drive folder and it should work fine.

Vlad Dragomir

True about ppop-ups, we need to re-open the client from the systray each time that happens. For “Shared with me”, I usually go and use the web version, I had no idea there was such a tab in the client.