Google sheets not showing field on Mantis braille display?

John Sanfilippo

Hello.

Using recent versions of Windows 11 and 10, NVDA 2022 .2 .4, an very recently updated Google Chrome with Mantis Q40:

In a Google sheet, as I tab or arrow right or left among fields I hear the field content but the corresponding braille is not displayed on the Mantis q40. The display only shows "Catalog - Google Sheets doc app grp" constantly.

I've tinkered with some NVDA Doc formatting and Browse mode settings, but no joy.

Perhaps there's some Google Chrome or Sheets setting which needs tweaking, but I can't seem to find it.

Help appreciated.

John

--
- jso msl -

hurrikennyandopo ...

On 4/10/2022 7:24 am, John Sanfilippo wrote:
Hello.

Using recent versions of Windows 11 and 10, NVDA 2022 .2 .4, an very recently updated Google Chrome with Mantis Q40:

In a Google sheet, as I tab or arrow right or left among fields I hear the field content but the corresponding braille is not displayed on the Mantis q40. The display only shows "Catalog - Google Sheets doc app grp" constantly.

I've tinkered with some NVDA Doc formatting and Browse mode settings, but no joy.

Perhaps there's some Google Chrome or Sheets setting which needs tweaking, but I can't seem to find it.

Help appreciated.

John

John Sanfilippo

Ah yes. I should have found that myself, but yes it is helpful. Now, I still do not know yet if it worked for me.

Thanks,
John

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi again

Just in case you go down the google route more the following is from off my nvda tutorials for other programs page so just copied them from there.

Using NVDA with Google programs by Roger Benz
The following NVDA Youtube tutorials are courtesy of Roger Benz from Google. They cover Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Slides. To listen to these tutorials, please click on the link following each of the titles below:
Switch to the new Google Drive using a screen reader https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBDxYOR7CFY&feature=youtu.be
Getting started with Google Drive using a screen reader https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDaZgDXBsWI&feature=youtu.be
Getting started with Google Docs using a screen reader https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPzSAqhHqQk&feature=youtu.be
Getting started with Google Sheets using a screen reader https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCYT63b_m88&feature=youtu.be
Getting started with Google Slides using a screen reader https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWZVQ-vldEk&feature=youtu.be

Gene nz

On 5/10/2022 1:24 am, John Sanfilippo wrote:

Ah yes. I should have found that myself, but yes it is helpful. Now, I still do not know yet if it worked for me.

Thanks,
John

John Sanfilippo

Ironically, I have these very tutorials in text and audio formats and just didn't think to look there.

Short story: The key press I needed is alt plus control plus h. and yes, it worked.

Thanks for the help.

John