google text to speech with NVDA add-on

aikeo koomanivong

Dear all friends and NVDA add-on developer team
I wish in the finally we will have google TTS in the NVDA add-on
because it has a lot of languages
Important thing it free
Is it possible to make it in the NVDA add-on?
And make it with auto language detect like Nuance Vocalizer expressive

--
AIKEO KOOMANIVONG
vise president

Vocational development for LAO-blind association [VDBA]
Office e-mail: vdba.lao@gmail.com
Facebook page:
www.facebook.com/laoblind.org
my personal e-mail: mlp_keo@yahoo.com
skype name: peba_007
mobile phone: +8562099993423
Facebook:
www.facebook.com/keo.laoblind
Linkedin:
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/aikeo-koomanivong/a7/156/b8b

I would like to see that as well; if it has Thai language, then that synth might be able to replace Vocalizer for NVDA that I'm using, if the speech quality will be just as good.

Jim Hunt <jhunt76@...>

Oh Yes! I would absolutely love that!

Jim

On 3/17/2016 10:36 PM, aikeo koomanivong wrote:
Dear all friends and NVDA add-on developer team
I wish in the finally we will have google TTS in the NVDA add-on
because it has a lot of languages
Important thing it free
Is it possible to make it in the NVDA add-on?
And make it with auto language detect like Nuance Vocalizer expressive

Kenny Peyatt jr. <p.wildcat1234@...>

That would be a great option, but I wonder if the google text to speech is open source, because if it is not then it will be impossible to make it a add on for nvda.
Kenny Peyatt jr.

On 3/17/2016 11:35 PM, Jim Hunt wrote:
Oh Yes! I would absolutely love that!

Jim

On 3/17/2016 10:36 PM, aikeo koomanivong wrote:
Dear all friends and NVDA add-on developer team
I wish in the finally we will have google TTS in the NVDA add-on
because it has a lot of languages
Important thing it free
Is it possible to make it in the NVDA add-on?
And make it with auto language detect like Nuance Vocalizer expressive

mr. Chikodinaka Oguledo&mrs. AdonnihHappiness Obima Oguledo

I agree if google text2speech for NVDA ooh! ooh! I am in. please use
semantha or jill from reail speak/newons goo text2speech

On 3/18/16, Kenny Peyattt jr. <p.wildcat1234@gmail.com> wrote:
That would be a great option, but I wonder if the google text to speech
is open source, because if it is not then it will be impossible to make
it a add on for nvda.
Kenny Peyatt jr.

On 3/17/2016 11:35 PM, Jim Hunt wrote:
Oh Yes! I would absolutely love that!

Jim

On 3/17/2016 10:36 PM, aikeo koomanivong wrote:
Dear all friends and NVDA add-on developer team
I wish in the finally we will have google TTS in the NVDA add-on
because it has a lot of languages
Important thing it free
Is it possible to make it in the NVDA add-on?
And make it with auto language detect like Nuance Vocalizer expressive

--
• Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.

aikeo koomanivong

So does google TTS Open-source software?
I think if we are directly request to google TTS developer team it not
far from here

On 3/18/16, mr. Chikodinaka Oguledo&mrs. AdonnihHappiness Obima
Oguledo <happychikao@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Ejaz Shah

No, it's not open source.

On 3/18/2016 9:13 AM, Kenny Peyattt jr. wrote:
That would be a great option, but I wonder if the google text to speech is open source, because if it is not then it will be impossible to make it a add on for nvda.
Kenny Peyatt jr.

On 3/17/2016 11:35 PM, Jim Hunt wrote:
Oh Yes! I would absolutely love that!

Jim

On 3/17/2016 10:36 PM, aikeo koomanivong wrote:
Dear all friends and NVDA add-on developer team
I wish in the finally we will have google TTS in the NVDA add-on
because it has a lot of languages
Important thing it free
Is it possible to make it in the NVDA add-on?
And make it with auto language detect like Nuance Vocalizer expressive

ken lawrence

also what is the quality of a text to speech engine from google? remember how god awful microsoft speech was? boy am I glad they ditched that sam voice Huh?

[...]

Mallard

Oh, no!!! I use Android, and the Google tts is great!
Natural voices and all...
Very interesting! It would be great if cit could be used with NVDA. I'd say it can compare to Vocalizer Expressive...
Ciao,
Ollie

-----Original Message----- From: aikeo koomanivong
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2016 12:58 AM
To: nvda@groups.io

[...]

Back in the days of xp, the microsoft voices didn't have good quality, and they sounded horrible. But the microsoft voices for windows 10 sound really good.

Sent: Friday, March 18, 2016 12:58 AM
To: nvda@groups.io

[...]

How responsive are the google text to speech voices?
Kenny Peyatt jr.

Sent: Friday, March 18, 2016 12:58 AM
To: nvda@groups.io

[...]

Lino Morales

No not me. Those voices are a bit better than ESpeak, but not great. I doubt this will ever happen. If I had the money I'd buy the Vocalizer voices before I load a sh***ty sounding synth for NVDA.

On 3/17/2016 10:56 PM, Supanut Leepaisomboon wrote:
I would like to see that as well; if it has Thai language, then that synth might be able to replace Vocalizer for NVDA that I'm using, if the speech quality will be just as good.

aikeo koomanivong

Windows TTS best but not much languages TTS, google right now have
more than 8 TTS languages and quality not better than Vocalizer but
it’s free, for vocalizer or Acapela group – Voice it’s very nice but
it’s not free many blind people are living in the low-income family
then they are looking for crack because they need to using they own
languages.
You know when NVDA not create yet or on those NVDA still not good
almost of the blind using JAWS in the demo or crack
So for myself from 3years ago until now I’m installed and using NVDA
in the main screen-reader
So for My students who are not using NVDA but them using JAWS with
unreal License Key I’ll not teach them
I posed this topic because I wish in the future we will have a google
TTS on NVDA add-on
I love and like NVDA it can used USB Flash Drive to run any computers
without installing
Right now I’m making 1st audio book in LAO to promote the blind
learning basic computer with NVDA

On 3/19/16, Lino Morales <linomorales001@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Bhavya shah

Hi,
I am absolutely unsure if Google text to speech is open source
software or not, and even if it can be ported to Windows, that too
NVDA, however, being an Android user myself, I can certainly vouch for
the natural, pleasant and clear speech of this engine. The sole reason
why I, and many other Android users cannot even consider using this as
our primary text to speech engine is because of its unresponsiveness,
though I don't know if a Windows port, if possible, could improve upon
that downside, and make Google text to speech reasonably responsive.
It supports an increasing list of languages around the world, and
apart from unresponsiveness, I would go ahead and say that it is
pretty much at par with Vocalizer and Acapella.
Thanks.

Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
reader for Microsoft Windows