Topics

Grammar checker

farhan israk

Which grammer checker does work in Microsoft word as well as accessible with nvda?

Cecelia Rodriguez <cessbraille@...>

Spell checker

On May 11, 2020, at 3:36 PM, farhan israk <fahim.net.2014@...> wrote:

Which grammer checker does work in Microsoft word as well as accessible with nvda?

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 03:36 PM, farhan israk wrote:
Which grammar checker does work in Microsoft word
Unless you're using a really ancient version of Word, the built-in spelling and grammar checking works just fine with a screen reader.  There's no need for a third party utility.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

This thread is so fragmented. The most accessible grammar and spell checker you will find is the one built into word. Get Microsoft Office 365. None, and I do mean this. None, of the third party offerings are accessible or worth your money. None of them. Microsoft 365 is your best option, especially with a screen reader.

Robert Kingett. Community of Magic Pens is released!

Buy the anthology on my site.

Quentin Christensen

In Word itself, the only option I know of (which is accessible) is the inbuilt spelling and grammar checker.  If you're willing to copy your text out, ProWritingAid has an accessible interface here:  https://prowritingaid.com/en/Account/Register2?returnUrl=%2Fen%2FAnalysis%2FEditor%3FscreenReaderFriendly%3Dtrue

Note that it does have a Word plug-in, however last I checked, it, like others such as Grammarly, weren't accessible.

If anyone finds anything else, I'd be interested to know.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 5:36 AM farhan israk <fahim.net.2014@...> wrote:

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Sarah k Alawami

I believe you can also check out this word counter site as well. I hope I got that address right, as I'm typing from memmory.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 11 May 2020, at 21:15, Quentin Christensen wrote:

In Word itself, the only option I know of (which is accessible) is the inbuilt spelling and grammar checker.  If you're willing to copy your text out, ProWritingAid has an accessible interface here:  https://prowritingaid.com/en/Account/Register2?returnUrl=%2Fen%2FAnalysis%2FEditor%3FscreenReaderFriendly%3Dtrue

Note that it does have a Word plug-in, however last I checked, it, like others such as Grammarly, weren't accessible.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen

Quentin Christensen

Sarah,

That site does seem to work, however to check the errors, it takes you to Grammarly and want to set that up - last time I tried that Grammarly itself was completely inaccessible, has it changed?

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 2:21 PM Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

I believe you can also check out this word counter site as well. I hope I got that address right, as I'm typing from memmory.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen

--
Quentin Christensen

Sarah k Alawami

Oh, woops? I don't know if it is or is not I don't use grammarly, so I really can't tell you. I guess try it out? And if not, use what ever else people suggested. But if you need a word counter for school, that site will help you.

Blessings and happy Tuesday

On 11 May 2020, at 21:33, Quentin Christensen wrote:

Sarah,

That site does seem to work, however to check the errors, it takes you to Grammarly and want to set that up - last time I tried that Grammarly itself was completely inaccessible, has it changed?

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 2:21 PM Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen

--
Quentin Christensen

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 11:01 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
But if you need a word counter for school, that site will help you.
Serious question:  Why would you not just use the built-in word count utility in MS-Word itself located in the Review ribbon?  ALT+R,W

--

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

Rui Fontes

And if not using Word, there are a add-on to count words...

Rui Fontes

Às 16:07 de 12/05/2020, Brian Vogel escreveu:

Serious question:  Why would you not just use the built-in word count utility in MS-Word itself located in the Review ribbon?  ALT+R,W

--

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 11:29 AM, Rui Fontes wrote:
And if not using Word, there are a add-on to count words...
Rui, don't be shy, you wrote it, and it's available on the main NVDA add-ons page:  

Addon to count elements of selected text

If someone needs word count for an entire document all they need do is a Select All, CTRL+A, before invoking the count.
--

Sarah k Alawami

Simple answer. I don't have office on that computer. In fact I don't use office at all, have not since 2009. It is faster for me to either do it via command line, or via site which I have open all the time. That is by choice at least fo rnow.

On 12 May 2020, at 8:07, Brian Vogel wrote:

--

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 12:16 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
I don't have office on that computer.
Makes perfect sense.  

Since the original poster asked specifically about Microsoft Word I was sticking to that environment, at least until Rui mentioned the add-on, which works elsewhere (and could work in Word, but probably isn't necessary there).

--

Sarah k Alawami

I'll have to play with that add on if I'm ever off line though and editing stuff ffor my flights or streams. I'll have a play with the archives later. Lol! I love learning new things.

Take care

On 12 May 2020, at 9:52, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 12:16 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
I don't have office on that computer.
Makes perfect sense.  

Since the original poster asked specifically about Microsoft Word I was sticking to that environment, at least until Rui mentioned the add-on, which works elsewhere (and could work in Word, but probably isn't necessary there).

--