Topics

Groups.io: Managing your group subscription and e-mailing options #adminnotice

Hello All,

What follows is an informational message about how to manage your subscription and, more importantly, e-mail options under Groups.io.  The general principle applies across groups, but you would have to use the appropriate Groups.io mailing address for the specific group you wish to change.  The examples are for the NVDA Group

         Just like you subscribed yourself, should you wish to unsubscribe you can, and should, unsubscribe yourself.  Sending an e-mail message to  nvda+unsubscribe@nvda.groups.io will unsubscribe you.  You will also receive one final message that you have been unsubscribed.  If you do not receive your unsubscribe confirmation, then please send a message to the group owner address and we will research why it is failing.  It very seldom does.

          You also have the option of remaining subscribed, but putting yourself on "no mail" status.  Should you wish to do that instead, send a message to  nvda+nomail@nvda.groups.io.   You can pick up with mailing again at any time by sending a message to the one of the group email management addresses:

nvda+single@nvda.groups.io

To receive individual messages instead of digests or a summary

nvda+fulldigest@nvda.groups.io

To receive full featured digests instead of individual messages

nvda+summary@nvda.groups.io

To receive a daily summary instead of individual messages

nvda+digest@nvda.groups.io

To receive plain digests instead of individual messages

nvda+special@nvda.groups.io

To receive special notices only

You can also use any one of the above noted e-mail management addresses to change how you receive information from the group at any time and switch what you receive whenever you wish.

Brian Vogel

NVDA Group Moderator

To add to this, not sure if this link will work, but you can also switch to followed topics only. This can only be done through the web interface though, but it helps if you want to see the start of a thread but not get every single message in that thread unless you specifically want to.

On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 06:01 PM, Robert Kingett wrote:
To add to this, not sure if this link will work, but you can also switch to followed topics only.
It gets you part way there, but not all the way.   I have discussed exactly how to do this, on multiple occasions on this group, and now a pinned topic exists on the Windows 10 for Screen Reader Users group documenting the steps.

However, I have an MS-Word format and PDF format file of the step-by-step instructions for setting up what I call "topic preview," along with other things:

Controlling the Messages You Receive via E-Mail from Groups.io (docx)

Controlling the Messages You Receive via E-Mail from Groups.io  (PDF)

         ~ Robert Frost, The Black Cottage (1914)