Contact me on skype: brian.moore
follow me on twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/bmoore123
On 2021-07-12 5:36 p.m., Louise Pfau wrote:

I just contacted the developer because I have a couple of their add-ons, including remote.  My message bounced back, indicating that the e-mail address which I copied directly from the page listing the compatible add-ons couldn’t be found.  I suspect from this that it won’t be updated.

Louise

Quentin Christensen

Is 2.4 the new version?  The site wording is still the previous wording indicating that version is for 2019.3 and later.

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 7:39 AM Brian Moore <bmoore@...> wrote:

It got released today. 2.4

www.nvdaremote.com/download

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Thanks for the news, I just got the new version of remote installed and now it is shown as compatible.

all this compatability has reminded me I need to like update my addon backups.

I havn't because I haven't needed to, after all if they load I just need to update these from the well system.

So as long as they are updated by addon updater I can like just leave it alone and they just do.

Now obviously I have done that for like 2 years so what I need to do is actually go through, and get the latest coppies to put on my backup drive else things just won't load so at some point today I will go do that.

On 13/07/2021 10:55 am, Supanut Leepaisomboon wrote:
Thanks for the news, I just got the new version of remote installed and now it is shown as compatible.

abdul muhamin

Use addon packer to backup all your addons, at once

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

all this compatability has reminded me I need to like update my addon backups.

I havn't because I haven't needed to, after all if they load I just need to update these from the well system.

So as long as they are updated by addon updater I can like just leave it alone and they just do.

Now obviously I have done that for like 2 years so what I need to do is actually go through, and get the latest coppies to put on my backup drive else things just won't load so at some point today I will go do that.

On 13/07/2021 10:55 am, Supanut Leepaisomboon wrote:

Thanks for the news, I just got the new version of remote installed and now it is shown as compatible.

abdul muhamin

Hi there, anyone has the change log? I wish there must be a feature where we can switch remote connections if we connect 2 or 3 people to 1 remote connection, it will be easy for those who gives online computer classes with NVDA, students can connect to 1 host and a given key by the controller/teacher, and the controller should have the option to switch 1 person to the other.

I just contacted the developer because I have a couple of their add-ons, including remote.  My message bounced back, indicating that the e-mail address which I copied directly from the page listing the compatible add-ons couldn’t be found.  I suspect from this that it won’t be updated.

Louise

Quentin Christensen

Just to answer my own question from earlier - I worked out just after I asked, that yes, NVDARemote 2.4 is the latest version, has been updated, and is compatible with NVDA 2019.3 and later, including NVDA 2021.1 - so they left the wording unchanged, even though that makes it a little ambiguous.

On 2021-07-12 5:36 p.m., Louise Pfau wrote:
I just contacted the developer because I have a couple of their add-ons, including remote.  My message bounced back, indicating that the e-mail address which I copied directly from the page listing the compatible add-ons couldn’t be found.  I suspect from this that it won’t be updated.

Louise

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Hi,

Note that if you are using Add-on Updater, the new update won't show up yet as the website metadata hasn't been updated just yet.

Cheers,

Joseph

where do you get addon packer?

On 13/07/2021 11:17 am, abdul muhamin wrote:

Use addon packer to backup all your addons, at once

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

all this compatability has reminded me I need to like update my addon backups.

I havn't because I haven't needed to, after all if they load I just need to update these from the well system.

So as long as they are updated by addon updater I can like just leave it alone and they just do.

Now obviously I have done that for like 2 years so what I need to do is actually go through, and get the latest coppies to put on my backup drive else things just won't load so at some point today I will go do that.

On 13/07/2021 10:55 am, Supanut Leepaisomboon wrote:

Thanks for the news, I just got the new version of remote installed and now it is shown as compatible.

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

yes, It is working for me after the NVDA update.

On 2021-07-12 5:36 p.m., Louise Pfau wrote:
I just contacted the developer because I have a couple of their add-ons, including remote.  My message bounced back, indicating that the e-mail address which I copied directly from the page listing the compatible add-ons couldn’t be found.  I suspect from this that it won’t be updated.

Louise

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Hello everyone,

You can now update Remote add-on through Add-on Updater.

Cheers,

Joseph

abdul muhamin

I found it some days back, download it from here

On 13/07/2021 11:17 am, abdul muhamin wrote:

Use addon packer to backup all your addons, at once

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

all this compatability has reminded me I need to like update my addon backups.

I havn't because I haven't needed to, after all if they load I just need to update these from the well system.

So as long as they are updated by addon updater I can like just leave it alone and they just do.

Now obviously I have done that for like 2 years so what I need to do is actually go through, and get the latest coppies to put on my backup drive else things just won't load so at some point today I will go do that.

On 13/07/2021 10:55 am, Supanut Leepaisomboon wrote:

Thanks for the news, I just got the new version of remote installed and now it is shown as compatible.

Louise Pfau

I just tried to reinstall the original copy of NVDA remote, then update it through add-on updater, but I got an incompatibility error message.  I went to the add-ons website, and there is no download link for the add-on.

Thanks,

Louise

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

There is a link that comes off that page to the home page where it is stored.

Then off this page is a download link or maybe just arrow to it. Press the enter key grab the modern version of it.

A more direct link to the page is https://nvdaremote.com/download/

The latest version is 2.04 or some ting like that.

Gene nz