From: Brandon Keith Biggs [mailto:brandonkeithbiggs@...]
Sent: Saturday, March 5, 2016 3:33 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Having posting privileges, but not receiving email in my inbox for this list?

Hello,

It is insane how much email is on this list. Is there any way that I can be able to post and receive responses to my thread in my inbox, but everything else require me to go onto the archives?

I am starting to go over the 5GB mark in my inbox, so I would like to stop receiving so many messages.

This email list is by far the most active one I am on, so rather than slapping a label on it and watch my email edge even higher in storage costs, I would rather just use the search function on the groups.io site.

Thanks,

Hello Joseph,
Will that allow me to receive emails from threads I start or reply to?
Thanks,

On Sat, Mar 5, 2016 at 3:35 PM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi Brandon,

Send an email to nvda+nomail@groups.io.

Cheers,

Joseph

It is insane how much email is on this list. Is there any way that I can be able to post and receive responses to my thread in my inbox, but everything else require me to go onto the archives?

I am starting to go over the 5GB mark in my inbox, so I would like to stop receiving so many messages.

This email list is by far the most active one I am on, so rather than slapping a label on it and watch my email edge even higher in storage costs, I would rather just use the search function on the groups.io site.

Thanks,

Hi,

You’l get no mail whatsoever. Another way is to mute a thread.

Cheers,

Joseph

It is insane how much email is on this list. Is there any way that I can be able to post and receive responses to my thread in my inbox, but everything else require me to go onto the archives?

I am starting to go over the 5GB mark in my inbox, so I would like to stop receiving so many messages.

This email list is by far the most active one I am on, so rather than slapping a label on it and watch my email edge even higher in storage costs, I would rather just use the search function on the groups.io site.

Thanks,

Hello Joseph,
Is it possible to unmute a thread?
thanks,

On Sat, Mar 5, 2016 at 3:45 PM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,

You’l get no mail whatsoever. Another way is to mute a thread.

Cheers,

Joseph

It is insane how much email is on this list. Is there any way that I can be able to post and receive responses to my thread in my inbox, but everything else require me to go onto the archives?

I am starting to go over the 5GB mark in my inbox, so I would like to stop receiving so many messages.

This email list is by far the most active one I am on, so rather than slapping a label on it and watch my email edge even higher in storage costs, I would rather just use the search function on the groups.io site.

Thanks,

Brandon,

           Are you willing to access the groups.io website?  Even if this isn't how you'd like to participate on a regular basis, to tweak your subscription settings.  You can get pretty much precisely the combination you're describing by making your e-mail choice either one of the digests and then using the Advanced preferences to make the content of those digests have you get messages you're following only, along with the first message of every new thread, along with auto-following any thread you might reply to.

           Given what has been said about groups.io I'd have to believe that all of this is accessible with the screen reader of your choice.  You may even find that you prefer to check out what's been happening on the messages with threaded view interface via the website.

Brian

Brandon,

       P.S.  You can definitely unmute a thread via the website as well.  This is only useful, of course, if your typical participation method is via e-mail.  If you're reading via the web interface you can simply ignore threads (but you can mute them there as well).

Don’t think so (may need to ask around for this).

Cheers,

Joseph

You’l get no mail whatsoever. Another way is to mute a thread.

Cheers,

Joseph

It is insane how much email is on this list. Is there any way that I can be able to post and receive responses to my thread in my inbox, but everything else require me to go onto the archives?

I am starting to go over the 5GB mark in my inbox, so I would like to stop receiving so many messages.

This email list is by far the most active one I am on, so rather than slapping a label on it and watch my email edge even higher in storage costs, I would rather just use the search function on the groups.io site.

Thanks,

Gene

That won't do what is requested.  The message didn't ask that no mail be received.  It asked if only mail from threads started by the member can be received.  I am not aware of any way to do this but the amount of mail on the list should go down significantly once people stop sending needless test messages after subscribing to the new list.  It would also be nice if people stopped adding to the clutter by responding to every test message.  Unless someone specifically asks for a response, I assume that no response is necessary.  I am not a moderator but that is my assumption.

It is insane how much email is on this list. Is there any way that I can be able to post and receive responses to my thread in my inbox, but everything else require me to go onto the archives?

I am starting to go over the 5GB mark in my inbox, so I would like to stop receiving so many messages.

This email list is by far the most active one I am on, so rather than slapping a label on it and watch my email edge even higher in storage costs, I would rather just use the search function on the groups.io site.

Thanks,

Hi,

That’s what I realized, and Brian V was right (sorry for the mistake).

Cheers,

Joseph