Help needed, notepad++ crashing with nvda

William

Hello,

1. I was prompted to upgrade to notepad++8.3.3

2. I downloaded the installer and installed the above version

3. after the new version 8.3.3 is installed, the npp app is automatically closed after a few seconds

4. I try installing another newer version i.e. 8.4

5. after installing 8.4, npp automatically close after a few seconds

6. I tried to turn off nvda and activate narrator, the npp did not automatically closed

Here I attached the log for your reference, thanks.

Kenny Cheung

you might want to downgrade. its not a NVDA issue. somethings buggy with the knew notepad.

On 5/3/2022 9:36 PM, William wrote:
Hello,

1. I was prompted to upgrade to notepad++8.3.3

2. I downloaded the installer and installed the above version

3. after the new version 8.3.3 is installed, the npp app is automatically closed after a few seconds

4. I try installing another newer version i.e. 8.4

5. after installing 8.4, npp automatically close after a few seconds

6. I tried to turn off nvda and activate narrator, the npp did not automatically closed

Here I attached the log for your reference, thanks.

Ken Perry

You need to use notepad++ 32 bit version until either they fix it or the earth stops spinning. The 32 bit version works fine with NVDA and jaws even the latest version

you might want to downgrade. its not a NVDA issue. somethings buggy with the knew notepad.

On 5/3/2022 9:36 PM, William wrote:
Hello,

1. I was prompted to upgrade to notepad++8.3.3

2. I downloaded the installer and installed the above version

3. after the new version 8.3.3 is installed, the npp app is
automatically closed after a few seconds

4. I try installing another newer version i.e. 8.4

5. after installing 8.4, npp automatically close after a few seconds

6. I tried to turn off nvda and activate narrator, the npp did not
automatically closed

Here I attached the log for your reference, thanks.

William

Thank you very much.

I probably have to uninstall the whole program.

Ken Perry 於 4/5/2022 09:53 寫道:

You need to use notepad++ 32 bit version until either they fix it or the earth stops spinning. The 32 bit version works fine with NVDA and jaws even the latest version

you might want to downgrade. its not a NVDA issue. somethings buggy with the knew notepad.

On 5/3/2022 9:36 PM, William wrote:
Hello,

1. I was prompted to upgrade to notepad++8.3.3

2. I downloaded the installer and installed the above version

3. after the new version 8.3.3 is installed, the npp app is
automatically closed after a few seconds

4. I try installing another newer version i.e. 8.4

5. after installing 8.4, npp automatically close after a few seconds

6. I tried to turn off nvda and activate narrator, the npp did not
automatically closed

Here I attached the log for your reference, thanks.

William

Uninstalling 64bit and install 32bit of npp 8.4, everything is fine now.

Thanks.

Ken Perry 於 4/5/2022 09:53 寫道:

You need to use notepad++ 32 bit version until either they fix it or the earth stops spinning. The 32 bit version works fine with NVDA and jaws even the latest version

you might want to downgrade. its not a NVDA issue. somethings buggy with the knew notepad.

On 5/3/2022 9:36 PM, William wrote:
Hello,

1. I was prompted to upgrade to notepad++8.3.3

2. I downloaded the installer and installed the above version

3. after the new version 8.3.3 is installed, the npp app is
automatically closed after a few seconds

4. I try installing another newer version i.e. 8.4

5. after installing 8.4, npp automatically close after a few seconds

6. I tried to turn off nvda and activate narrator, the npp did not
automatically closed

Here I attached the log for your reference, thanks.

You know has any one thought about filing a bug with the authors of this thing?

It can help.

Of course if they just don't get it then you need to find something else.

Thats what happened with me and waterfox and I had to switch in fact there are still a lot off issues with it even on their forums and no one really seems to give a damn.

I did however report a bug in thunderbird once well a couple of them.

The issues were fixed in a couple months.

I have also had issues with teamtalk and those were fixed in a bit to.

On 4/05/2022 1:48 pm, Kenny Cheung wrote:
you might want to downgrade. its not a NVDA issue. somethings buggy with the knew notepad.

On 5/3/2022 9:36 PM, William wrote:
Hello,

1. I was prompted to upgrade to notepad++8.3.3

2. I downloaded the installer and installed the above version

3. after the new version 8.3.3 is installed, the npp app is automatically closed after a few seconds

4. I try installing another newer version i.e. 8.4

5. after installing 8.4, npp automatically close after a few seconds

6. I tried to turn off nvda and activate narrator, the npp did not automatically closed

Here I attached the log for your reference, thanks.

.

Gene

Its the 64 bit version.  Use the 32 bit version.

Gene

On 5/3/2022 8:48 PM, Kenny Cheung wrote:
you might want to downgrade. its not a NVDA issue. somethings buggy with the knew notepad.

On 5/3/2022 9:36 PM, William wrote:
Hello,

1. I was prompted to upgrade to notepad++8.3.3

2. I downloaded the installer and installed the above version

3. after the new version 8.3.3 is installed, the npp app is automatically closed after a few seconds

4. I try installing another newer version i.e. 8.4

5. after installing 8.4, npp automatically close after a few seconds

6. I tried to turn off nvda and activate narrator, the npp did not automatically closed

Here I attached the log for your reference, thanks.

.

Quentin Christensen

The log didn't make it through btw.  In any case, we have fixed a crash with Notepad++ 8.3.3 and later 64-bit in NVDA 2022.1.  There is a beta available here: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2022-1beta4/

Could you (or anyone experiencing this crash) please confirm if the issue is still present using NVDA 2022.1 Beta 4?

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Felix G.

I can confirm the issue is fixed in the current beta. I haven't tested
with previous betas.
Greetings,
Felix

Am Mi., 4. Mai 2022 um 05:39 Uhr schrieb Quentin Christensen
<quentin@...>:

[...]

Web: www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Quentin Christensen