help with Weather-Plus

Betsy Grenevitch

I had forgotten that this ad-on was not on this laptop until today. I am trying to figure out--I am using the latest version of NVDA--that when I have it check the weather for two days it is giving yesterday's forecast and today's. Is there something I am doing incorrectly or is it possible this is something to do with the latest NVDA update?

When I check the date on the computer it is the correct date for today.

Thanks for any suggestions. I am so glad to have it once again. Thank you for such great documentation on this ad-on.

--
Betsy Grenevitch 678-862-3876

Eduardo Fermiano Luccas

are you really using the latest NVDA? if your version isn't 2021.3, you're not talking about the latest one, and I recommend updating if you haven't.

Em qui., 9 de dez. de 2021 às 23:28, Betsy Grenevitch <blindangel61@...> escreveu:

I had forgotten that this ad-on was not on this laptop until today. I am
trying to figure out--I am using the latest version of NVDA--that when I
have it check the weather for two days it is giving yesterday's forecast
and today's. Is there something I am doing incorrectly or is it possible
this is something to do with the latest NVDA update?

When I check the date on the computer it is the correct date for today.

Thanks for any suggestions. I am so glad to have it once again. Thank
you for such great documentation on this ad-on.

--
Betsy Grenevitch 678-862-3876

Betsy Grenevitch

I am using the one that just came out.

On 12/9/2021 10:49 PM, Eduardo Fermiano Luccas wrote:
[...]

Ron Canazzi

Hi Betsy,

I think this maybe a server issue. i often see the forecast for my own location for the previous day. By this I mean, if I press NVDA key + shift + W for the current day forecast and it is 11:00 PM local time, I still get the current day forecast as if it was early in the day and then the forecast for the next two days after the current day.

On 12/9/2021 9:28 PM, Betsy Grenevitch wrote:
I had forgotten that this ad-on was not on this laptop until today. I am trying to figure out--I am using the latest version of NVDA--that when I have it check the weather for two days it is giving yesterday's forecast and today's. Is there something I am doing incorrectly or is it possible this is something to do with the latest NVDA update?

When I check the date on the computer it is the correct date for today.

Thanks for any suggestions. I am so glad to have it once again. Thank you for such great documentation on this ad-on.

--
Signature:

Chris Mullins

Hi Betsy

I have a friend in Wisconsin with the same issue. Apart from the dates,  the forecast data he gets is identical to what I get for his city when I run it from here in the UK. We use a 3-day forecast, is version of the forecast will show undated, today and tomorrow, my version will show undated, tomorrow and the day after but the temperature figures and description of conditions are identical.  It may be something to do with the time difference, he is 6 hours behind me.  I have passed my findings onto the addon author, so he is aware of the issue.

Even though your data shows undated and today’s date, the actual data shown is for today and tomorrow.

Cheers

Chris

Mail for Windows

I had forgotten that this ad-on was not on this laptop until today. I am

trying to figure out--I am using the latest version of NVDA--that when I

have it check the weather for two days it is giving yesterday's forecast

and today's. Is there something I am doing incorrectly or is it possible

this is something to do with the latest NVDA update?

When I check the date on the computer it is the correct date for today.

Thanks for any suggestions. I am so glad to have it once again. Thank

you for such great documentation on this ad-on.

--

Betsy Grenevitch 678-862-3876

Betsy Grenevitch

Thanks, Chris. I appreciate your input.

On 12/10/2021 7:10 AM, Chris Mullins wrote:

[...]

OK, It is good to know that I installed it correctly. Even after all of these years, I am still not totally comfortable adding apps on the computers. This group has been such a great way to help me boost the confidence when trying something new. Thanks.