Topics

helping a friend with some strange behavior in Mozilla Thunderbird

Tony Ballou

Howdy folks,

One of my friends is having a devil of a time with closing messages in
Mozilla Thunderbird.  When she attempts to exit the message by hitting
escape to close it, nothing happens. The message remains open.  A
similar thing happens when she tries to use the ctrl-W keyboard
shortcut.  It either works properly, or totally exits the program.  Any
ideas as to what's happening here?  She's using the latest versions of
windows, and NVDA.

Tony

Go to the "advanced" tab under display. Tab a couple times, and you will see the option as to how to open messages. The second radio button is the one that should be checked. It will open messages in their own window. Hope that helps.

On 9/8/2019 12:20 PM, Tony Ballou wrote:
Howdy folks,

One of my friends is having a devil of a time with closing messages in
Mozilla Thunderbird.  When she attempts to exit the message by hitting
escape to close it, nothing happens. The message remains open.  A
similar thing happens when she tries to use the ctrl-W keyboard
shortcut.  It either works properly, or totally exits the program.  Any
ideas as to what's happening here?  She's using the latest versions of
windows, and NVDA.

Tony

Tony Ballou

howdy,