Here is A Tutorial on Configuration Profiles in NVDA

TheeQuinn Public

Good day everyone. I recently did a video explaining configuration profiles in NVDA and how to create them and much more. You can check it out here :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG4ffZuCkIo&t=6s

Rowen Cary

I very much hope that NVDA's configuration files can also include dictionaries.

David Ouimet

Hi Theequinn, Thank you for sharing your tutorial how to create the different types of configuration profiles. I found it really helpful! You teach really well.

Blessings,

David Ouimet

Andre Fisher

Hi.

If you are referring to the possibility to create dictionaries assigned to specific configuration profiles, this is not yet possible with NVDA. However, you can create default dictionaries which are used in all contexts, dictionaries specific to different voices, and temporary dictionaries to use during an NVDA session, which will be removed when NVDA is exited.

Gene

I don’t use macros, but until profiles can work with specific dictionaries, is there a simple macro program that can be used to conveniently switch dictionaries when desired?  for example, a macro that will rename the default diction ary file to default1.dic, then rename the desired file to default.ddic for current use?  then, when you want to switch back, the name changes can be reversed?

Sent: Saturday, August 14, 2021 6:39 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Here is A Tutorial on Configuration Profiles in NVDA

Hi.

If you are referring to the possibility to create dictionaries assigned to specific configuration profiles, this is not yet possible with NVDA. However, you can create default dictionaries which are used in all contexts, dictionaries specific to different voices, and temporary dictionaries to use during an NVDA session, which will be removed when NVDA is exited.

Rui Fontes

And, with the help of an add-on, create app specific dictionary.

Rui Fontes

Às 00:39 de 15/08/2021, Andre Fisher escreveu:

Hi.

If you are referring to the possibility to create dictionaries assigned to specific configuration profiles, this is not yet possible with NVDA. However, you can create default dictionaries which are used in all contexts, dictionaries specific to different voices, and temporary dictionaries to use during an NVDA session, which will be removed when NVDA is exited.

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi TheeQuinn

Could I add your tutorials to my website so people can find them easier with other tutorials all in the one place for nvda.

The main website is called http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

They would come off one of my nvda tutorials pages I do have a video tutorial series on the nvda screen reatder related resources page

If they are just audio ones with a pictur they could go on the nvda audio tutorials page.

I am hoping to do some updates tonight to the website and if allowed putting them up there just have to figure which page or pages if broken up. as one 2 tutorials would suit the nvda tutorials for other programs page and profiles on another?

Gene nz

On 14/08/2021 9:08 am, TheeQuinn Public wrote:
Good day everyone. I recently did a video explaining configuration profiles in NVDA and how to create them and much more. You can check it out here :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG4ffZuCkIo&t=6s

Rowen Cary

Hello, Rui, Gene and Andre, Thank you for the information. I know the enhanced dictionary add-on, and I would like to see it added to the NVDA core.

Thanks.

TheeQuinn Public

Hello there. That would be great actually. Yu can email me at theequinnpublic@... and we can talk about it more.