Topics

how can i join NVDA community and help people

Afik Souffir

Hello,

I want to jon the NVDA community, help people and even improve NVDA. I want NVDA to be the attractive screen reader to people.

Also, I want a job.

How can I do it?

Afik Souffir

Quentin Christensen

Hi Afik,

Well, you're here in the NVDA users email group, so that's a great start :)  One thing you can do from right here, is endeavour to help when people ask questions and are stuck with how to do things.

As you know, being open source means NVDA can accept input from anyone, regardless of where you are, and we do value our many volunteer contributors around the world.  We have our list of open issues at: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues which you are most welcome to either contribute to, if you find a bug which isn't there, or investigate to confirm the current status of reported issues.  We accept pull requests for issues, or if you have an idea which might not fit in NVDA core, you might consider creating an add-on for it: https://addons.nvda-project.org/index.en.html

We also have a developers email list you might be interested in joining: https://groups.io/g/nvda-devel

I can't help directly with a job - unless you are based in Australia, in which case we do currently have a developer position we are looking to fill: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nv-access-seeking-software-engineer/  Please note, you do need to be an "Australian resident for tax purposes" to be eligible (you can find the Australian Government's definition of that term here if you are unsure: https://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/international-tax-for-individuals/work-out-your-tax-residency/#:~:text=The%20primary%20test%20of%20tax,physical%20presence).

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Afik Souffir

Hi Quentin,

Thanks so much.

I heard about certification test of NVDA.

What I'm earn for this? How can I do this test?

Thanks for everything!

Afik

Btw, I'll contribute to the list as much as I can.

[...]

And no, I'm based in Israel.

[...]

How can you create an add on?

[...]

I meant to mention that :)

The NVDA certification exam is available here: https://certification.nvaccess.org/

It is free for anyone to sit.  When you pass, if you would like to have your name added to the list and receive a certificate, the cost is $100 Australian (roughly 246 Israeli New Shekel according to Google).  We know a number of organisations are using it for their clients to demonstrate proficiency in computer skills.

Kind regards

Quentin.

[...]

Thanks!

I'll do the test now.

I need to past in 100%?

Thanks for everything,

Afik

[...]

CARLOS-ESTEBAN

Hi all.

The minimum Rating for pass the exam is 80%.

And contralulations, you have a good idea of join to the NVDA community.

Regards.

Carlos Esteban Martínez Macías.

Músico (pianista) y también ayuda a usuarios ciegos y con discapacidad visual, con el uso de lectores de pantalla y tecnología.

Musician (pianist) and help to the blind people, with use of screen readers and technology. Certified expert in the screen reader NVDA.