How do I set up Audio Ducking?

supermom1941@...

I’m a real old beginner.  I know I found this in the Manual but for the life of me, I can’t find it again.  Can someone give me directions?

Thanks!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

First, and it's a major lifeline as far as I'm concerned, remember that you can bring up the NVDA Commands Quick Reference in your web browser by hitting NVDA+N,H,Q.  The vast majority of "the commonly used features or settings" will be found in that document, and Audio Ducking is one of them.

The keyboard shortcut for Audio Ducking is NVDA+SHIFT+D (regardless of whether you're using Desktop or Laptop keyboard layout).  It is a "circular toggle" that allows you to choose either off or one of two other conditions under which ducking will occur.

      ~ Brian Vogel

Chris Smart

Press NVDA+CTRL++S and tab around.

On 2021-06-14 10:45 a.m., supermom1941@... wrote:

I’m a real old beginner.  I know I found this in the Manual but for the life of me, I can’t find it again.  Can someone give me directions?

Thanks!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Chris Smart

Whoops, Try NVDA+SHIFT+D to adjust it directly. That's quicker. This will shock some of you, but I found that by opeing the User Guide, doing NVDA+CTRL+F for Find, typing "ducking" and pressing Enter. (grin)

On Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 11:11 AM, Chris Smart wrote:
This will shock some of you, but I found that by opeing the User Guide, doing NVDA+CTRL+F for Find, typing "ducking" and pressing Enter. (grin)
-
Hence the reason that knowing that:

1.  NVDA+N,H,Q brings up the NVDA Commands Quick Reference in your chosen browser
and
2.  NVDA+N,H,U brings up the NVDA User Guide in your chosen browser

is vital.  One or the other of these two things generally contains the answer to well over 90% of, "How do I . . .?," questions for NVDA itself.  And you can find those answers far more quickly, in many cases, than by asking here (not that asking here is a problem).

      ~ Brian Vogel