Topics

how to enable one core voices in windows ten to use with nvda?

hello every one.
i know that nvda since its version 2017.3,
has support for mobile one core voice.
how can someone activate these voices?
using sapi5 is very easy with nvda, and it does not require registry.
but i remember somewhere i read about one core voices to be activated
by changing registry.
the instruction was extremely difficult and professional that i could
not understand!
is this true for one core voices in newer versions of windows ten?
thanks for any help, God bless you!

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Chris

Nope, all you have to do is download the voices you need and they will be available in NVDA

i know that nvda since its version 2017.3,

has support for mobile one core voice.

how can someone activate these voices?

using sapi5 is very easy with nvda, and it does not require registry.

but i remember somewhere i read about one core voices to be activated

by changing registry.

the instruction was extremely difficult and professional that i could

not understand!

is this true for one core voices in newer versions of windows ten?

thanks for any help, God bless you!

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

Rui Fontes

At least with last NVDA and Windows 10 versions, you don't need to do anything else than install the voices you want to use...

Rui Fontes

NVDA portuguese team

Às 13:40 de 27/06/2020, zahra escreveu:

hello every one.
i know that nvda since its version 2017.3,
has support for mobile one core voice.
how can someone activate these voices?
using sapi5 is very easy with nvda, and it does not require registry.
but i remember somewhere i read about one core voices to be activated
by changing registry.
the instruction was extremely difficult and professional that i could
not understand!
is this true for one core voices in newer versions of windows ten?
thanks for any help, God bless you!

how about nvda 2017.3?
the first version of nvda that supports mobile one core voices?
also, are these voices freeware?

On 6/27/20, Rui Fontes <rui.fontes@...> wrote:
[...]

Andre Fisher

Hi.

Haven't not used NVDA 2017.3 since early 2018, I can't comment on how the experience would be compared to that of the recent version (2020.1). However, with Windows 10, at least one Windows OneCore voice should be on your system right out of the box. Pressing NVDA+Control+S, then scrolling down to Windows OneCore voices should do the trick. I notice that you keep on asking about an earlier version of NVDA, where there have been several changes and improvements since that release, especially where the OneCore voices are concerned. If you insist on using this version, I highly doubt anyone would or even could provide assistance with it, as it is very old, and a large majority of users have presumably updated this version from a long time ago. Therefore, knowing this, it would be best for you to stop wasting your time asking about it, but this is just my opinion.

hi.
i wish to know about different versions of windows ten too.
does not newer version require registry but previous versions of
windows ten needed?
if so, since which version of windows ten, using one core does not
require complex changes on registry?!

On 6/27/20, Andre Fisher <andrefisher729@...> wrote:
[...]

Chris Mullins

Hi

On Windows 10 2004 and NVDA 2020.1, loading a language pack makes the related OneCore voices available.  I just had the UK english language pack loaded but wanted the OneCore Mark voice, so I loaded US English language pack and the voice became available to NVDA along with 3 other voices.  No registry tweaks necessary.

Cheers

Chris

i wish to know about different versions of windows ten too.

does not newer version require registry but previous versions of

windows ten needed?

if so, since which version of windows ten, using one core does not

require complex changes on registry?!

On 6/27/20, Andre Fisher <andrefisher729@...> wrote:

> Hi.

> Haven't not used NVDA 2017.3 since early 2018, I can't comment on how the

> experience would be compared to that of the recent version (2020.1).

> However, with Windows 10, at least one Windows OneCore voice should be on

> your system right out of the box. Pressing NVDA+Control+S, then scrolling

> down to Windows OneCore voices should do the trick. I notice that you keep

> on asking about an earlier version of NVDA, where there have been several

> changes and improvements since that release, especially where the OneCore

> voices are concerned. If you insist on using this version, I highly doubt

> anyone would or even could provide assistance with it, as it is very old,

> and a large majority of users have presumably updated this version from a

> long time ago. Therefore, knowing this, it would be best for you to stop

> wasting your time asking about it, but this is just my opinion.

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

i found one link which explained complex registry settings changes
needed to activate these voices!

i really wish to know, in which edition of windows ten,
this complex task is not required anymore!
https://www.ghacks.net/2018/08/11/unlock-all-windows-10-tts-voices-system-wide-to-get-more-of-them/