Topics

how to find the play button?

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

Using jaws I can find the play graphic.  I can’t with nvda.  It starts with 2p and a bunch of letters and numbers.    Can anyone please help?  The link is below

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/state-parole-board-releasing-twice-the-amount-of-prisoners-to-ease-crowding-amid-pandemic

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

Just had a play I jumped to the heading of the article I wanted to find out more about then pressed the enter key. When the next page come up I went to top of pag then jumped to the heading with letter H then letter G for graphic then enter then it played the video.

It looks as though there might be graphics in the heading as well as a link. But even jumping down by graphics to the story then enter key the player is on the next page as mentioned before just go to top of page then heading of it then G for graphic then enter and it plays I done it a couple of times to different ones.

Gene nz

On 6/05/2020 4:07 pm, Dennis L wrote:

Using jaws I can find the play graphic.  I can’t with nvda.  It starts with 2p and a bunch of letters and numbers.    Can anyone please help?  The link is below

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/state-parole-board-releasing-twice-the-amount-of-prisoners-to-ease-crowding-amid-pandemic

Gene

You need to specify what program you are using when asking such
questions. What you see may vary dependding on what browser you are
using.

Using jaws I can find the play graphic. I can’t with nvda. It starts
with 2p and a bunch of letters and numbers. Can anyone please help?
The link is below

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/state-parole-board-releasing-twice-the-amount-of-prisoners-to-ease-crowding-amid-pandemic

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

Using the new edge I don’t see the play graphic.

[...]

I forgot to say i used google chrome at the time.

Gene nz

On 6/05/2020 4:07 pm, Dennis L wrote:

Using jaws I can find the play graphic.  I can’t with nvda.  It starts with 2p and a bunch of letters and numbers.    Can anyone please help?  The link is below

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/state-parole-board-releasing-twice-the-amount-of-prisoners-to-ease-crowding-amid-pandemic

When I visit:  https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/state-parole-board-releasing-twice-the-amount-of-prisoners-to-ease-crowding-amid-pandemic

I cannot get NVDA to find that play control, either.  If I hover the mouse over it, NVDA announces, "To get missing image descriptions, open the context menu."  And that is whether it's the initial one, or if I start playing, pause the video, and the subsequent play arrow shows in the center.  I also have never seen an embedded video player that uses this style elsewhere.

I have no idea how to get at the context menu to which NVDA is making reference, as if I do SHIFT+F10 I get the standard browser context menu which has nothing to do with unlabeled images or getting image descriptions.  I am using Brave when doing this testing.

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

Using chrome I get it.  I prefer the new edge.